Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #32!

[DE]Rebecca

Questions

1) Difficulty vs. Reward and Empty Victory

Players can be being discouraged due to the addition of more intricate RNG walls. The current system leaves players with the feeling of "empty victories", in which the mission is completed with little trouble, but meaningful rewards are rarely found. What are your thoughts on evolving from this system, by increasing the difficulty of missions while making good rewards a certainty, IFF players are able to complete the mission?

The RNG system worked well in the early stages of the game, but as the game evolves and outgrows itself, RNG is sharply declining as the end-all-be-all method of distributing rewards.

2) Cross Platform

It hasn't been discussed in a while, though the last note before U13 was highly positive about the subject, and mentioned it being "around the corner" . Though account migration is a huge step in the right direction, many are skeptical about whether true cross-platform play will be possible. It would be great if we could get an update on the Warframe team's plans for this!

3) Account Migration

There was recently a thread on account migration, and the question of PS4 to PC migration was brought up. Speculation resulted in assuming that Sony would not allow it. Has this option been considered, and what is your stance on PS4 to PC migration?

4) The Nyx Absorb Stacking Fix

The fix for absorb stacking works for that purpose, but tends to have a nerfing effect on magnetic damage as a whole. Are there any plans to change how this issue was addressed? Some suggestions included changing Absorb to "finisher damage" and having it resist its own damage type (The same way it does with magnetic now, only Finisher damage cannot be equipped on allied weapons, making all elemental and physical damage types equally suited for beefing up an allied absorb).

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii

To Geoff:

Recently I've been using Excalibur and I noticed that the animations for his abilities are outdated. I mean, we now have a lot of melee weapon types and they just look awkward when doing Slash Dash, Radial Blind and Radial Javelin. I think it would be great if you use the same treatment that you used with Ash. Like the same way you added hidden blades on him you could add an energy sword that Excal would use when casting his abilities.

Edited by PLnKo

In my opinion the trading system should be improved a lot to stop the endless spamming in trading chat.

Ideas:

1. Players should be able to send mails to one another with messages / credits / plat / items. A cash on delivery system could be implemented so that you can send a mail and the other person can only pick it up by paying a tax which returns to you (may it be platinum / credits / items). Sending items would take time (1 hour or more) sending credits would be instant. 

2. A type of auction-house should replace the trading posts in dojos so that players who want to trade one with another dont need a dojo to trade and can send items via mail (cash on delivery system). Via Auction-house players can now compare prices from different sellers and buy the lower one supporting an economy and competition among sellers. Using the auction-house to sell items would cost credits per day and once the itme is bought it comes to the buyer via email.

3. Player sent mail would use a drone similar to the extractor to transport the items(where from the time delay for items and credits would be sent digitally without delay). the drone can be found / built / whatever the devs consider.

These 3 steps would drastically clear the trading panel; make it easier for players who dont afford to spend hours spamming trading channel to sell their extra stuff; make it harder for players to take advantage of misinformed buyers and ask enormous prices or scam them. 

Ok I Want To Ask For The Next Update Add All Bp To Be Tradeable Also Resources Tradable I Would Also Like To Ask If There Could Be Some Way To Get Platinum Without Paying Like Using Credits Or Doing A Certain Mission Please Add These To The Game

The only way people should be able to attain plat, is through trading, or a gift from DE from time to time. The micro transaction of plat is essential to keep the money flowing in to the developers. To change the current system of plat would literally take away from their pay checks.

Trading for plat is the smartest thing DE could have done. There is a finite amount of plat floating around in this game. Trading only increases the flow of plat and puts it in the hands of somebody ready to spend it. Eventually it will run out and more will be bought. The trading system as it is simply transfers it from somebody more willing to buy it (which chances are they will again), to somebody who is more willing to spend it in the actual market.

First thanks de for all of your hard work! Are we ever going to be able to have a PUB option for The Void there are times when i want to run Void missions but my friends are not on and i do not feel like going into the channel to find people to run with i just want to play... 

This isn't a question, more of an issue regarding Melee 2.0 and countering: 

Countering isn't an integral part of Melee 2.0, too many steps have to be taken to get a counter attack when it's easier to just kill an enemy with a bullet or melee attack or just get an instant counter with Valkyr's Paralysis or Ash's Teleport at the expense of their energy cost. Countering is just thrown into Melee 2.0. You even described Melee 2.0 as being reminiscent of having a combo system like Ninja Gaidens, but not as in-depth. But Ninja Gaiden had a better and much more integral counter system that was part of the key elements of the games overall combat system. It doesn't even have any sort of band-aid like Warframe has. It's a simple system that works in many games, but you make it complex in Warframe.

Any new feature or system you put into Warframe ends up coming with a side of band-aid mods that also dilute the drop tables even more. Why couldn't the countering be a core feature in Melee 2.0? You make it a band-aid instead and not a simplified counter system like Ninja Gaiden or Dynasty Warriors 6 had.

Edited by __Kanade__

My questions:

1. Can you clarify a few things about Kubrow customization? Will we be able to pick the looks and personailty of our Kubrow or is it random?

2. Are there any plans on changing the drop tables for stances? Some are next to impossible to get (like Gleaming Talon and Decisive Judgement) by the intended way. It seems to be easier to get them via transmutation or excessive use of Necros' desecrate ability.

3. Will there be other protoskins or skin variants as well? Maybe even as faction rewards when proxy war goes live?

Edited by SunBaoShi

do you have any plans in changing core mechanics of the game?

because of this mechanic of "endless" scaling of the mobs, all your attempts in implementation of new types of sub-mechanics such as melee 2.0 have no effect on gameplay, except for cosmetic redo.

melee, as example. just as useless as it was, and yes i know i can strike hard for 111k, but taking into consideration how much time i must waste on that, makes the primary weapon a better choice anytime, anywhere.

I'd like to ask a question regarding event statues.

This was brought up in a previous thread by Xylia (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249708-event-rewards-stone-statues/?hl=%2Bevent+%2Bstatues) about how the top 3 clans in each tier receive a shiny statue for an event, however, other clans receive nothing.

What do the devs think about awarding stone statues to every clan that participates in an event so that every clan can commemorate and display their participation?

NETWORK

Q1.when should be the connectivity issues be resolved completely ..as after update 13.9 we r facing lots of connectivity issues specially   (strict nat error ) and its getting worse day by day

FOR FUTURE

02.do we get weapon transmutation post in our dojo .....???

Q3.why dont we have snakes in our warframe..like anaconda,or king cobra????

Q4.when will we get bazooka  in warframe.????

Q5.when will we get a new sentinel wid origis ??

Q6.Did kubros equip weapon like sentinel ??

Q7.Do we get a replacement of codex with pocket mobile ...which  assist n tell u about enemies weakness??

plz dont mind i know these are funny questions :D

Question:

Have you read topics such as the one made by theGreatZamboni suggesting a reworking of the skill tree system to be back in the game, potentially solving the majority of the issues with Mods 2.0, and if so, would you consider overhauling the mod system to a similar albeit better thought out version of Mods 1.0 with mods returning to only adding utility, while frames have a skill tree deciding Power Strength / Duration / Range etc through a limited point system?

vv Zamboni's excellent thread vv

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137875-a-complete-rework-of-the-foundation-of-warframe/

Currently you can't place dojo decoration on surfaces unless they are 100% flat. Is this gonna be changed at all?

It's been a problem for a while. I know it ain't priority, but it'd be nice.

Can we actually get an overhaul of the decoration placement system? (it's pretty awful in its current state)

After all of this new content you guys have been on the ball with there have been a few threads popping up asking you to slow down a bit and focus on rebalancing and polishing the game (core mechanics which are either broken or awkward, frames which become no longer viable too quickly and never see endgame, etc) what are your thoughts on this and have you ever thought about going through with it?

PS: Rebalancing Frames to be 100% useable everywhere does not include or relate to rebalancing weapons to be 100% useable everywhere. In the weapons' case there should be clear tiering between weapons that are obviously better than one another in each category (Karak's Better than Braton and the likes)

i've a question...

you said afew streams back that elder players would have everything unlocked on there ship as the missions that unlock things will already be done.

will this still be true or will we have to do some missions first to unlock these things?

kind of hope you'll make us do that mission you where on about in the last dev stream to unlock the ship but abit worried about having to hunt out missions to unlock stuff while info is still scarse on how we do this soon after U14 comes out.