Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playstation And Pc Merger.

Augmenatus

So sayeth the DE Devs, the merger shall take place hopefully during U14. How many of you are going to make the switch? How many have friends or clans theyll be leaving behind in order to play on a system potentially more superior than their own computer. It looks easier to play I guess but that precision granted by the keyboard and mouse is something I cant really move away from. Although you can buy auxiliary adapters for the ps4 that will allow you to play with one.

Im probably going to do it but wonder, will my pc one still exist or is it now only in ps4. eh we'll find out!

You makin the change?

According to a friend of mine, the biggest difference between the two is the trade community. Lots of overpricing.

Over pricing on the PS4 side right?  (I observed prices being higher on PS4 vs PC.)

I'm hoping to play on PS4 with my PC account's gear.  They did a great job porting the controls over.  It's not half bad and quite enjoyable.  (not as precise as KBM, but good enough to have fun.)

Edited by sushidubya

Originally I had thought about doing the switch, but decided to "test" playing the game on the console first.

While it technically plays fine, I had forgotten how evil the game is at the start when you don't have any mods and your first weapons are the starting ones only. Something that I know is not console specific, but kinda puts a big block in persuading my console friends to play it with me until improved (hopefully U14 will do that).

So in short. Not yet, but maybe when they fix the early game.

Edited by Hendryx

Over pricing on the PS4 side right?  (I observed prices being higher on PS4 vs PC.)

Not entirely overpricing because we get updates later, so something that's super old to you guys, it's fairly new to us (Rhino Prime set still can go for 100+, Cicero Mods are still 50+, etc.)

i would never switch it must be sad to see PC getting stuff and having to wait weeks to get it its already enough torture watching the devstreams and having to wait alot of time for stuff to be ready 

Not entirely overpricing because we get updates later, so something that's super old to you guys, it's fairly new to us (Rhino Prime set still can go for 100+, Cicero Mods are still 50+, etc.)

Thanks for replying.

Hey just curious...  What does a maxed heavy caliber go for on PS4?

On PC people are peddling them off for 300p, (which is laughably cheap given the amount of mods needed to max them) and our Rank 10 mod prices have crashed due to the legendary cores that were released months ago.  Do you guys still get 400-600p for Rank 10 rares?

LOL switch to PS4? Seriously? Like I want to wait for stuff that comes out 3-4 weeks before on PC.

i would never switch it must be sad to see PC getting stuff and having to wait weeks to get it its already enough torture watching the devstreams and having to wait alot of time for stuff to be ready 

Well, if I really feel like going at it hardcore, the wait time between the update on PC and PS4 will let me get the new stuff and the practice needed on PC first then when the PS4 update comes, I'll just know where to go and how to get the new content right away.

If anything, I'd migrate just to have the gear I've already collected by then so that I can have more variety of preparation for any sort of mission I'd decide to pick up.

Playing the PS4 version helped remind me that starting in Warframe can be rather hard and while I got over the hurdles by now, I won't mind overwritting that progress with the one I have spent 40-50 times more effort on.

Edited by Wiegraf

What can a playstation do my pc can't do? NOTHING! PC does everything a poorstation can do and can't do. Why wast $500+ on a junk system that will be out of date in a month when i can just pay $150 for a 8-core if i need to upgrade. I find it funny how people get sucked into buying a x-box or a ps. It's like the wanna-be-a-gammer.

To answer one of the questions in the OP, I believe PC accounts are simply cloned over and will overwrite any PS4 account data.  From that point on both accounts will be treated separately as individual accounts.

Anyone who migrates will still keep their original PC account and their PS4 will now have an exact duplicate of whatever is on their PC, however any new progress made on either account will only remain on their respective accounts.

That being said, if anything changes and in migrating we somehow lose our PC account then:

post-8255-OH-HELL-TO-THE-NO-gifs-veiL.gi

I won't be migrating then.  XD

What can a playstation do my pc can't do? NOTHING! PC does everything a poorstation can do and can't do. Why wast $500+ on a junk system that will be out of date in a month when i can just pay $150 for a 8-core if i need to upgrade. I find it funny how people get sucked into buying a x-box or a ps. It's like the wanna-be-a-gammer.

The absolute positive reason i will never play on PC. The elitism is so uncalled for and immature it's unbearable. I'll take a squeaker over an elitist any day of the week.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

My PC is by no means top of the line but is definitely better than a PS4.  Besides MOUSE and KEYBOARD.

Yeah... staying on PC no question.  Besides I have seen no good reason to buy a PS4 yet.  

Its too bad this game can't be cross platform, but with the way Sony handles updates for games on PSN, the PS4 version will always be behind the PC version so it could never really happen.  One of the reasons I like playing on the PC is because it can get updates/hotfixes at such a rapid rate. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre