Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playstation And Pc Merger.

Augmenatus

Yeah I dunno man.  I tried to get a full on console only player to play on KBM a couple years back.  (dude never gamed on a computer ever.)  He was completely lost.

It's all about preference and in your case (and probably mine too) since we've played on PCs for a very long time, we'll certainly perform better, but that doesn't mean someone can get better results on a controller.  You'd be surprised.

That is true.

Among my friend group, I tend to outperform controllers, but there are no doubt people better then me using controllers. I'm looking at you, guy who played CS:GO with a steering wheel. And killed people. 

Edited by Warriorrogue

That must be a really rubbish computer that is less powerful than a ps4, I will stay right here on PC with my far superior hardware and software.

my computer isnt "rubbish" but I cant play with maxed settings and full particle effects. everything turned down its smooth as butter but id love to see it all maxed out. rather than buying a better pc I own I own a ps4 already. kinda half way there

Im been using Pc's since prince of Persia and wolfenstein 3D, and although I do prefer 3rd person controls on a controller, when it comes to first person nothing beats m and kb.

I've started in similar manner, got fond memories of Prince of Persia, but I think the last Pc game I really was into was Painkiller (2004). Around the time I've learned to properly snipe in Killzone 2 I've also realized that dualshock better suits me in shooters. In PS2 era I've only extensively used it in Killzone 1, and if you know that game, you know that you ended up meleeing or grenading everything, so accuracy never been put to test there. I don't even consider playing on PC unless it's a $10 indie.

I've got to say... To fully adapt to Dualshock, as in you can snipe across map with no discomfort at all and in general aim well, it took me almost a year (going from PS2 to newly released PS3). With keyboard and mouse you adapt in a week. Analog movement is less intuitive than digital when it comes to aiming.

Controller is far better for movement

Mouse is far better for aiming

Solution: Joystick and Mouse.

Unfortunately Warframe on PS4 doesn't support that kind of hardware (yet, hopefully someday?).

The pc version supports both at the ssme time :)

Thanks for replying.

Hey just curious...  What does a maxed heavy caliber go for on PS4?

On PC people are peddling them off for 300p, (which is laughably cheap given the amount of mods needed to max them) and our Rank 10 mod prices have crashed due to the legendary cores that were released months ago.  Do you guys still get 400-600p for Rank 10 rares?

For us a max serration goes for 300p, but for other max mods like heavy cal or a max blind rage they would still go for a little bit more than that, probably about 400-600p.  Also out prices have been dropping as of late for R10 mods.

Now I may not be the sharpest stick in the crayon box, but the comments here and the title confuse me. You folks are talking about switching and not-switching, when the title denotes "merger", can someone elaborate on what the merger is if it doesn't mean cross-play?

Now I may not be the sharpest stick in the crayon box, but the comments here and the title confuse me. You folks are talking about switching and not-switching, when the title denotes "merger", can someone elaborate on what the merger is if it doesn't mean cross-play?

The "merger" refers to the account migration that allows PC players to copy their Warframe account to PS4. "Migration" is a bit of a misnomer because it's more like a rift in the Warframe space-time continuum which results in two parallel realities that progress independently from that point forward. Is that clearer? :)

The "merger" refers to the account migration that allows PC players to copy their Warframe account to PS4. "Migration" is a bit of a misnomer because it's more like a rift in the Warframe space-time continuum which results in two parallel realities that progress independently from that point forward. Is that clearer? :)

You philosopher you :-))

You philosopher you :-))

So does that make him

Rene Drewcarte. Or. 

Friedrewich Nietzsche?

So what you're telling me is... The Darkness III confirmed.

Interesting...what about in relation to the amount of platinum the player has at the time? Will the platinum from the PC account be separate from it's PS4 counterpart? Or will there be a correlation regarding said currency?

I can't imagine doing this unless your computer is just an ancient pile of junk. Heck, an ancient pile of junk with a decent video card slapped in it will still blow away anything a PS4 can do. Then again, I've thought buying consoles was stupid for years, so what do I know?

I can't imagine doing this unless your computer is just an ancient pile of junk. Heck, an ancient pile of junk with a decent video card slapped in it will still blow away anything a PS4 can do. Then again, I've thought buying consoles was stupid for years, so what do I know?

eh a super awesome video card in a crap comp wouldnt do much if the ram/processor etc wasnt enough to handle it. usually upgrading the graphics means upgrading everything else. ps4 is good to go out of the box... ease of use over practicality... of course its cheaper and better to build a pc but is it easy?

eh a super awesome video card in a crap comp wouldnt do much if the ram/processor etc wasnt enough to handle it. usually upgrading the graphics means upgrading everything else. ps4 is good to go out of the box... ease of use over practicality... of course its cheaper and better to build a pc but is it easy?

The definition of how much processor is enough has become pretty fluid in recent years, and ram has gotten so cheap that if you don't have enough it's an easy fix. As for easy? In my case yes, and goodness knows I've put enough of them together for friends who it wasn't easy for. I guess if you're technically incompetent and you don't  have any friends to back you up, then buy a console?

One doesn't need a 'super awesome' video card to run this game (my old intel integrated was able to run this on its lowest settings at ~10 fps). Most people aren't going to need to bother with their processor, and ram+a video card still comes out to less than it would take to purchase a PS4. As for putting things together, PC parts (generally) can be slapped together with ease. If need be, a person can watch a quick youtube video on how to do it before attempting to do it. That's not hard. You should not get a PS4 just to play warframe. If you already have a PS4 and your PC can't run warframe well, I can totally understand switching. If you have a PS4, but not a PC I can totally understand playing on the PS4. 

What I'm trying to say is, warframe is not worth 400+ usd before you even get a chance to pick your first frame.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

For us a max serration goes for 300p, but for other max mods like heavy cal or a max blind rage they would still go for a little bit more than that, probably about 400-600p.  Also out prices have been dropping as of late for R10 mods.

Cool. Thanks for replying.

I like to think 400-600p to be the real pricing for a maxed rank 10 rare simply because of the effort involved in them. That was considered low and fair pricing before legendary cores hit.