Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players That Say "i'm Getting Annoyed At <Insert Player Action Here>"

DSpite

I can't help coming across these in a lot of posts. In a few cases, they may even have some good points, but almost all of them will usually start listing very detailed mechanics changes on how to deal with the problem.

Some common ones are related to team members leaving missions early or unexpectedly, using or spamming abilities that either gives them less things to shoot at, or that just makes it less fun to shoot things, or that simply allows them to "troll" directly - like switch-teleporting constantly, bright white snow globes, throwing jump pads in the way, or being jerked around the map via Mag or Valkyr pull skills.

I have only played for just over a month, and I have had many of these pulled/spammed on me already, but there is also now complaints of people that use the speed buffed Molecular Prime, or spam Vortex Granades, and had some annoyed comments even aimed at me when I was sitting far back on map spamming the cryopod with a Penta, because I would not dive into a 40+ level infected mob cluster to res the person that thought would be a good idea to go full melee.

To me, having people with full bright Pink energy color MPrimes or Tornado's is probably my biggest gripe, purely cause it's just so damn hard to see anything, and I even offered Plat to one mate that played Frost a lot to just go get the Color set with Black in it, cause staying inside his murky Snow Globes was headache inducing to me.

My point, however, is that joining up with random people will produce random results.

If you are unable to deal with these random results, one option is to make friends that will tailor game play to fit you better in private or invite based games, or to change your own playstyle in missions in order to adapt, that being moving to a different spot or height, or say something in squad chat, but if players don't want to go along with it, aborting games or abusing them is not constructive. Suggesting major mechanics changes? I think that's way over the top, just in order to make others "play your way".

The "annoying" mission you are in is not your mission, its is just one random mission.

I just Forma'd a Banshee in order to test an ultra low energy/second, large radius Sound Quake. My calculator tells me I can run non stop for about 210 seconds, and I have a mate that can drop Energy Restore's at my feet anyway. I have no idea how annoying it might be having some guy on a map perma-running a sound quake on top of the Cryopod, but hey, at least you have some warning now.

I will at least not make it Pink. Scout's honor.

My point, however, is that joining up with random people will produce random results.

Very well said. I feel exactly the same way. I may get frustrated in pugs but I also enjoy the variability and volatility of pugs. I'm complicated, what can I say :D

If I may, what were you expecting? Things would still be different even if they were your clones. 

Accept thy fate. 

I don't think you understand what the line meant. He was saying exactly what was written, not complaining about it necessarily. The very next line, if you had read that, state exactly the same point you're trying to make to him, which he's already made!!!!

"If you are unable to deal with these random results,..."

Was that me? Cuz' my Nova totally rocks the pinkness of doom everytime I visit Sechura with her.

Don't remember, but don't worry, I don't get like, huffy-puffy over it, it's more like "oh my lord it's like someone is exploding invisible pink unicorns in here". It's basically so visually jarring when you're in the middle of it that I usually have to squint a lot more to see things.

With Nova, most colors will do that anyway, because the special effect itself seems to create rather large clouds of blocking color, rather then being a color itself that is the problem. I tried running a pure black Nova, and to tell you the truth, it looks even stranger, I keep thinking the pixels in my screen are failing.

I don't think you understand what the line meant. He was saying exactly what was written, not complaining about it necessarily. The very next line, if you had read that, state exactly the same point you're trying to make to him, which he's already made!!!!

"If you are unable to deal with these random results,..."

And what were you expecting as well? A fix? Might as well tell everybody to use the same equipment as yours. With the same colour scheme as well.

And what were you expecting as well? A fix? Might as well tell everybody to use the same equipment as yours. With the same colour scheme as well.

You still DONT get it.

I'm pointing out that everything is exactly as it should be, and people should just go with the flow.

I don't want a fix, I don't expect anything from people. I'm pointing out I already have all the tools at my disposal to improve the quality of my game, and so do others, but that there is way too many that want to make drastic changes that would effect the game as a whole.

And that would be bad.

So no changes.

ok now?

You still DONT get it.

I'm pointing out that everything is exactly as it should be, and people should just go with the flow.

I don't want a fix, I don't expect anything from people. I'm pointing out I already have all the tools at my disposal to improve the quality of my game, and so do others, but that there is way too many that want to make drastic changes that would effect the game as a whole.

And that would be bad.

So no changes.

ok now?

So you're just complaining. As I've already said. 

So you're just complaining. As I've already said. 

err ... what?

Please don't arrogantly make assumptions about what I might be doing or not doing. Nothing above is a complaint, it's an attempt to point out to either new players that come into the game or older players that might be tempted to suggest large rules changes to justify other to play like they play.

Anyway, if me and you keep this up, pretty sure it will count as a derailing and someone will lock this ... which probably should be done anyway.

"Waiter! check please!"

And anyway, posting random topics in random threads will attract random replies. That just fits my point.

err ... what?

Please don't arrogantly make assumptions about what I might be doing or not doing. Nothing above is a complaint, it's an attempt to point out to either new players that come into the game or older players that might be tempted to suggest large rules changes to justify other to play like they play.

Anyway, if me and you keep this up, pretty sure it will count as a derailing and someone will lock this ... which probably should be done anyway.

"Waiter! check please!"

And anyway, posting random topics in random threads will attract random replies. That just fits my point.

You're complaining, telling others not to "suggest major changes". Why are you so surprised when playing with random people will bring about random consequences?