Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn

Deadto

This topic needed to brought up before update 14.0 comes out The Saryn is underpowered gets massacred in ODDs anything past t2 ext- survival she need a buff and i really hope the devs take this to heart cause she is one of the starting Frames

What... Saryn isn't a starting frame... also I do fine with her past T2 level enemies and even higher, though others think she's underpowered i think she does fine... Contagion is pretty useless and could use a change and maybe a slight buff to miasma/venom range but that's it.

Um what? You must not be moddering her right then. I can easily goto wave 40-50 in ODD before it gets difficult. T3 keys are a cakewalk, T4 keys are easy to, just gotta be careful.

She is not a starting frame either.

her first is nice to not waste a viral build on a weapon

second is as useful as loki's decoy but better

third needs a change or re-working im just not feeling it

4th is great just mod it right

anit-grineer/corrupt goddess in heels! +that amazing rack!!!

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

I think he wanted to say Mag ...

she is the absolute best frame against the corpus! and she is a great support with pull or crush to act as back-up to revive fellow teeno. not to mention even if it is not a grineer map she will keep teamates shields up if the player can figure out that "z" shows the other players rank and shields+health.

- Arcane Chlora Helmet (-5% duration)

- Streamline (max: +30% efficiency)

- Fleeting Expertise (max: +60% efficiency & -60% duration)

- Intensity (max: +30% strength)

- Blind Range (rank 2: +27% strength & -15% efficiency)

=> +75% efficiency, +57% strength, -65% duration

=> 4037 damage in 1.4 sec for 25 energy

(other combinations are possible, but I think this is the highest damage per energy).

Ok, it's far from the potential of Antimatter Drop, Shield Polarize, Absorb, etc. and we all know Saryn is not the best frame for 2 hours survivals. Nevertheless she's still viable until quite late, including T4.

Clearly not a beginner's frame, but in the hands of a veteran who got all appropriate mods, Saryn can become one of the highest damage dealers. She's just the kind of frame that needs heavy modding to shine.

The only thing I can agree on, like almost everybody, is that Contagion needs some love.

Edited by Mazikeen

Saryn... Shes not good, compared to other frames shes just not good. :/

her 1 is useless without a hitscan weapon, and even then at high levels its useless.

her 2, is fine.

her 3... its bad, it needs to be replaced.

her 4. Give it more range, like double its range right now. or change it because it would be good if it had good range, but since it doesn't then its not that good...

Saryn... Shes not good, compared to other frames shes just not good. :/

her 1 is useless without a hitscan weapon, and even then at high levels its useless.

her 2, is fine.

her 3... its bad, it needs to be replaced.

her 4. Give it more range, like double its range right now. or change it because it would be good if it had good range, but since it doesn't then its not that good...

I too could make a list of most of the frames and say one of the skills to be useless and another needing to be replaced Which at the end is almost the same.

Edited by xlraistlx

I would buff saryn's abilities like this:

Venom: Now spreads to other enemies when the initial target is killed and slows down affected targets.

Molt: This is already getting buffed and is going to make molt get rid of enemy proc on saryn so this ability will be fine.

Contagion: Now adds 90% poison to all weapons so your not forced into melee.

Miasma: Fine as it is.

if you treat her like an oldskool frost and make her a 1 trick pony revolving around Miasma shes pretty decent on any content tbh.

my current build for saryn is...

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Saryn/t_30_43001240044_1-0-10-2-6-10-4-7-5-5-2-2-6-5-5-7-8-5-37-10-5-47-9-5-55-1-5-59-3-3-111-4-3_1-7-55-6-5-6-59-9-111-7-6-6-2-6-4-9-7-9-47-6-37-14_48/en/1-0-17/0

i used that on the previous event, rage or flow can be removed in favor of adding blind rage if required, she manages t1/2/3/4 just fine even just spamming miasma, take some decent weapons and shes pretty solid...... a boring setup with 1 ability yeah but effective.

I would make saryn's venom like mag's pull, i.e. a aoe cone that she spreads the venom/spores over and any enemies in the cone are affected. 100% viral proc. As I've seen said before, most number 1 abilities take too much aiming and if I'm going to bother aiming, my gun will kill it faster than my number 1 ability, so making number ones more of a mild aoe utility ability like mag's pull feels like the perfect way to go.

Molt seems to work just fine

I like the idea of contagion being toxic damage added to all weapons.

I think it might be interesting to give miasma the nyx/banshee ultimate treatment and make it a energy consumption for duration poison cloud that follows saryn around. (So it doesn't make her stationary like nyx/banshee) Or like world on fire so you cast it and it follows you around or even maybe cast it and it persists in a large area for duration. I would also like to have a very high if not 100% corrosion proc chance so it's melting armor.

I don't like that saryn's ultimate is somehow benefited by having the lowest possible duration you can get, which is entirely counter productive for all of her other abilities, so regardless of how it's remodeled, that contradiction needs correcting. 

Those that dont like Venom, should experiment a bit more in their high level stuffs. Because that proc, scales wonderfully. Doesnt matter if that gunner has 300 Flesh health, who cares... But when it has 3000, killing off 1500 of it for 6 seconds is a bigger deal. Change 3000 to whatever health you want. 

Combine that with the spread and you may find Venom is not as bad or useless as perceived. It is actually a power that gets better as you do harder stuffs. 

Not to mention, how fun is it to see the mobs running around and pus-poppin them!