Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Am I Being Punished For Not Extracting With The Host? (Odd)

Stefanovich

Wave 1 of ODD: Me: "We're going 40+?" "Yeah" "yup"

30 Waves if Orokin Derelict Defense later...

T2 Exterminate Key... Me thinking: "Psh, laaame. Keep going."

One player shifts over to extract... "I need that"

Me thinking: "Ohmafudg'ngod...whatever, we can go on with 3."

1..*ExtremelyLastSecondSwitchFrom2ndGuyAnd3rdGuyWhoWasHost*

Migrating Host...

Loading Screen...

*Solar Map*

"..."

Why am I being shoved out into the vacuum of space along with all my XP and materials (RIP 3 Orokin Cells) because the host decides to leave and I didn't?

Why not just force me to extract with them?

This is extremely frustrating, and has happened at LEAST a dozen times, either because the host changes his mind at the last second, or someone thinks it's funny to make others' lives miserable and intentionally switches at the last second. "Lelel u med bru?"

PLEASE fix this after you finish polishing Update 14! It is torturing me and I am discouraged to play ODD because the host has his finger on the airlock button, and can eject me at any and every 5 waves if he feels like it.

Just imagine Ash standing behind the airlock door peering through the small window holding 3 Orokin Cells, and Vauban is leaning on the wall, and his elbow slides over the button at the last second, sending Ash into the vacuum of Space.

That's what it feels like.

DE pls.

you didnt lose the items, go to the arsenal and look at your exp, it is still the same as when the mission was aborted.

And go into arsenal -> mods -> sort by: recent and you ll see all the mods you just picked up during the mission.

All you missed was a T2 key.

you didnt lose the items, go to the arsenal and look at your exp, it is still the same as when the mission was aborted.

And go into arsenal -> mods -> sort by: recent and you ll see all the mods you just picked up during the mission.

All you missed was a T2 key.

Wait, are you telling me they stealth fixed this?!

Edit: Didn't get the bonus XP (which is most of it) or the rare mods we picked up (Rare 5 Core and Chaos), don't know about the rest of the junk mods, though. So, at least for me, I didn't auto extract with the team.

Edited by Stefanovich

About maybe 3-4 time in a month I've seen the "Migrating host" and I have had a failure, the rest of the time "Migrating Host" did exactly that, it migrated, to me mostly, and left me all alone, to continue on the map - which I'd like to mention, on wave 30 ODD will get you killed, because we have no button with "if everyone bails out, please-pretty-please send me with them".

I think you will find that the game DID try really hard to not kill your game, but alas, manure happened.

Should DE improve the netcode? I don't know. If they are getting 2%-5% migration failures then no. If it was like 50% then obviously, things are not working as intended, maybe.

Some code that interprets the failure of "Migrating Host" that would maybe give you what you would have had at the time of the game failure may however help what you are experiencing.

Wait, are you telling me they stealth fixed this?!

Really? heck, I wasn't aware. I mean, I never cared about the drops and xp anyway, it was just a little jarring finding myself back at the main menu all of a sudden.

Don't forget you loose all the bonus exp even if the host migration works. Failures taking you back to solar system -> no bonus exp from party, which is huge (~150% additional exp from having 3 other players).

About maybe 3-4 time in a month I've seen the "Migrating host" and I have had a failure, the rest of the time "Migrating Host" did exactly that, it migrated, to me mostly, and left me all alone, to continue on the map - which I'd like to mention, on wave 30 ODD will get you killed

Just for clarification, doing Wave 30 ODD alone gets you killed? Or standing still because of host migration? :P