Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loading Times.

jnka

Out of curiosity, has there recently been a change to loading times? Particularly invasion mission load times have gone from alright to downright insane lately. As in 5+minutes. 

I'm just wondering if this is specific to laptop hardware, or something that changed in the code itself.

I've actually successfully loaded into a map at 8-10 minutes at one time. So not entirely sure about that. The boot out seems to happen if the host decides to bail (which is not surprising in their case) 

The odd part, that once it is in the mission, everything seems to run fine.

I've had recent problems with loading. Just now I tried to do an ODD run. They both took a couple of minutes to load. 

When I got into the game, every ran fine for about 5 seconds, then the game started freezing, and I lost connection to the host.

I highly doubt it's a problem on my end. It didn't happen a couple of days ago.

Seems to coincide with the slight performance boost everywhere else.

Loading is usually where the game will seek through your HDD for the necessary files. Try a defrag, Warframes many updates usually cause some defragmentaion of the game files....but not to the extent that you should wait 5+mins....

Outside that, check that your HDD isn't actually failing. Speedfan can read your HDD's S.M.A.R.T info and tell you where your drives health is at. Laptop drives are less reliable than their desktop counterparts.

This would remove your PC from the problem if all is fine.

It would probably be some issue with the net-code trying to pick the best host...maybe??

Loading is usually where the game will seek through your HDD for the necessary files. Try a defrag, Warframes many updates usually cause some defragmentaion of the game files....but not to the extent that you should wait 5+mins....

Outside that, check that your HDD isn't actually failing. Speedfan can read your HDD's S.M.A.R.T info and tell you where your drives health is at. Laptop drives are less reliable than their desktop counterparts.

This would remove your PC from the problem if all is fine.

It would probably be some issue with the net-code trying to pick the best host...maybe??

A disk fragmentation does sound like the issue, but not to this extent.

I think it's a combination of a slow CPU and a seriously fragmented disk.

OP,

If the laptop is old, consider upgrading the CPU, or even buying a flash drive (SSD).

Those things load files up enormously faster than HDDs