Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Everyone Slide Dash And Sprint Through This Game?

TheVynzler

Seriously, Why?

I get that people want to go fast but this ruins so many great things about the game. You dont Parkour as much, you dont get to use new weapons or items as much because your too busy either playing catch up or just sprinting for the objective. This style of gameplay isint fun, and it seems like everyone plays like this when i join a party, but me. 

I just dont get it. Sprinting and sliding and only firing a small amount of rounds is boring.

Seriously, Why?

I get that people want to go fast but this ruins so many great things about the game. You dont Parkour as much, you dont get to use new weapons or items as much because your too busy either playing catch up or just sprinting for the objective. This style of gameplay isint fun, and it seems like everyone plays like this when i join a party, but me. 

I just dont get it. Sprinting and sliding and only firing a small amount of rounds is boring.

Some people just like speedrunning. I personally don't but it doesn't make the speedf--, runners wrong. Though my reasoning is that it's aesthetically displeasing :P

Sprinting and sliding is for noobs. 1337 pr0z h4x0rs use coptering.

That being said, there isnt much to see once you saw every tile and tried every mission type. People just want to go through the missions and get whatever it is mission reward.

If you dont like playing fast, go SOLO. You might also be the problem in ONLINE groups if you are only one that goes slowly.

this gameplay style is only fun when your the one leading the charge and honestly sometimes your bringing weapons that tear through enemies so fast that its just natural to charge through the level so fast

personally I don't enjoy the uber fast gameplay that a large number of players use I take my time and kill every enemy between me and my objective

Edited by Omega224

It's not that people Want to go fast . ..  it's just the mission gets repetitive after grinding the thing 20 times. So players end up wanting to finish the thing as fast as possible to get started on the next one because they know RNG is  a #$&(% and they're probably not gonna get it this mission anyways.

This eventually translates into other missions and inevitably everyone is running everywhere.

Gotta Grind Fast

Parkouring is 90% waste of time.
You can test out new guns in solo.
Going slow is inefficient.

^ what that guy said, only new tilesets and the void make me slow down.

Edited by Joos

Guess how many time DE tried to stop people from speeding and how many time they have failed?

Ehm.   One attempt? I can't really think of anything aside from friendship doors that was aimed at reducing speedrunning. And those are only a partial fail, since they do stop the first speedrunner on the scene.

Ehm.   One attempt? I can't really think of anything aside from friendship doors that was aimed at reducing speedrunning. And those are only a partial fail, since they do stop the first speedrunner on the scene.

Broken lights.

Edit: You know them as tesla mines.

Edited by Joos

Stamina nerf. Less regeneration speed.

Friendship doors.

Infested Corpus ship Exctraction zone.

1 minute wait time if not all players are at extraction.

Laser doors.

Arc traps.

Energy drain doors.

Loki base speed nerf.

Fast is inherently fun to a lot people though, it's why unnecessarily fast cars are the most expensive of cars.  Since the core gameplay within Warframe is that of a 3rd person shooter that isn't cover based, speed is the name of the game.  Even if one isn't focused on rushing a map, moving swiftly is a key part of proper damage avoidance.

Moving fast just prevents you from dying.  Even against the likes of things such as the Stalker.

Atop that, as has been touched on, being the first one into the fray assures a given player that they'll get to be right in the thick of it and potentially fight foes, should that be their agenda.  On the flip side, there are usually never any rewards gained mid-mission which warrant or reward exploration, so reward focused players will inevitably start to want to rush.

For me, I just enjoy finding ways to get from point A to point B as swiftly and efficiently as possible.  Though if it isn't an Alert or so long as I'm not trying to get to an Alert (I'm too noob/lazy to unlock the nodes) then I'll never leave people behind without reason.  At the same time however, some people are just horrendously slow.  Even someone with my patience has their limits.

Since I'm always actively using swift movements during combat, using them while just moving is nothing but second nature.  Most people probably think I'm a dirty rusher, but also likely don't notice that I'll wait at the door to the next room till one person catches up to me before leaving everyone in the dust again.

For practical reasons, if you want to level up new things I would suggest you should do it in missions that are less rush such as defense/survival/mobile defense/incerception. You will also get more exp from these mission types.

For immersion reasons, I would think tenno would maybe not move as fast as players might but definitely not "kill every enemy" mentality.  Logically, a mission should be done as fast as possible with as minimal detection as possible as to not open themselves to too many risks or compromise other aspects. And tenno certainly do not sit around appreciating the scenery in the middle of a battlefield.

Seriously, Why?

Because it's fast.

Coptering takes your momentum alongside your weapon's attack speed and sends you flying forward at breakneck speeds. When trained, it's a very good way to traverse the terrain. Personally, I wallrun more than I copter. Sliding, however, is a legitimate parkour move. 

Because it's convenient.

Go through any map. Unless you're creative, I doubt that you can wall-run around every portion of the map. However, copters theoretically work everywhere. Sliding theoretically works everywhere. And, it's faster. Coptering, again, gives you super speed and sliding gives you a chance to recharge stamina so that you can perform your parkour.

Everyone has different mobility methods; some like to do parkour, some like to use their weapons and slides. Why does everyone feel the need to complain about those whom are faster than them? Just go solo or accept that people treasure speed and mobility.

I use parkour/wall vault/slide dash all the time not just to rush but to move around more effectively and because it is totally awesome, best thing about this game is what you can achieve with the coptering.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

It's used because it's the fastest way to get from point A to point B without using energy.  It's not terribly difficult to do either.

PS: Once Perfect World acquires Warframe, only 'Premium Subscribers" will be able to sprint and slide.

Go fast.

Because staying longer doesnt benefit in any way, and that every map can be memorized. 
Like the previous posts that say about staying longer = defence/ survival/ interception, yep.
Different game types uses different gameplay to be cleared. And staying-in-game is required by the 3 types mentioned above.

Parkour don't have much use except some parts of the map that we are 'forced' to parkour (like the wall run place at the snowy corpus area)
Though i have to agree that it's fun fundamentally, but not as essential element.