Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Everyone Slide Dash And Sprint Through This Game?

TheVynzler

Seriously, Why?

I get that people want to go fast but this ruins so many great things about the game. You dont Parkour as much, you dont get to use new weapons or items as much because your too busy either playing catch up or just sprinting for the objective. This style of gameplay isint fun, and it seems like everyone plays like this when i join a party, but me. 

I just dont get it. Sprinting and sliding and only firing a small amount of rounds is boring.

When I was still low rank, I play slow, searching every room and opening all containers. When you reach max MR you probably have explored 90-100% of the game and now you have more than enough credits and resources so there is no point in playing slow.

I disagree when you do this you get a really fast paced feel were you are consistently in action, it is really fun. Is it fun to go slow sometimes as well? Yes but that does not make the fast paced style any less fun.

it is really fun if you move as a single unit rapidly flying through, and killing everything in your path with tactical epicness. Especially when its a PUG a full team of randoms just knowing. Like were psychic.

Who said anything about lingering in the line of fire?

For the sole purpose of avoiding damage, moving quickly simply is not as effective as it should be, especially versus taking cover, which, funnily enough, is what DE doesn't want even though they don't really do much about it.

*edit*

The reason they don't add a cover system is because they claim the game is about speed, which is silly on a lot of levels. At least, that's what they used to say.

Volt's shield, Frost's snowglobe, slow, tanky Rhino, bullet-sponges, dumb, cheap AI. (lol Scorpions, Shield Lancers and Heavies)

Don't want a cover system? Well, sorry, but my shields don't regenerate very well if I don't use cover.

Also, a cover system could compliment stealth quite well, I think. You do want stealth, right, DE? But you also still want speed, right? But you don't want rushing... And you also claim the game is co-op... But not many people cooperate...

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe my eyes are blurry from lack of sleep, but there seems to be a lot of counter-productivity.

The Devs chose to neglect it because the players chose to neglect it. Some of the responses about it show that quite well.

There was a time when people wanted more parkour, more improvements to it, such as addressing the slingshot that wallrunning does and doing something about the stamina.

DE made changes to the sliding mechanic, the momentum, if I recall correctly, which resulted in the "birth" of Sprint Sliding and Coptering. They shot straight into popularity. They were easier to take advantage of, much faster than the parkour and not as reliant on the stamina, so more people used them... A lot more.

DE eventually addressed these unintended side-effects, explicitly stating that they didn't like them, and even outright called them ugly to look at. They were later fixed and removed.

Then people complained and DE's stance did a complete 180.

I'm making a point.

So you mean that we have to use a half baked wallrun system and that will make DE update it? I don't get your logic at all.

So you mean that we have to use a half baked wallrun system and that will make DE update it? I don't get your logic at all.

Don't want it to be half-baked? Do something about it.

Are you saying it's our fault parkour is bad?

In regards to what part of my post you replied to? No, that's not my point.

You mentioned two of the biggest problems about this game. I simply brought attention to that and reinforced the fact that they are big problems.

They shouldn't be problems, because that's crappy.

That's about it. I thought it was pretty simple, don't over-think it. Or maybe it wasn't simple and i need sleep.

Either way, I've said all I had to say. Perspective is an interesting thing. Have a good night.

Edited by FatalX7

In regards to what part of my post you replied to? No, that's not my point.

You mentioned two of the biggest problems about this game. I simply brought attention to that and reinforced the fact that they are big problems.

They shouldn't be problems, because that's crappy.

That's about it. I thought it was pretty simple, don't over-think it. Or maybe it wasn't simple and i need sleep.

Either way, I've said all I had to say. Perspective is an interesting thing. Have a good night.

Since you were arguing against everything else quoted in that post, I thought it was sarcastic.

And what should we do? Make another thread about it? Everytime we do that what happen? Nothing. Using something in briken in the game won't encourage them ti fix it it will encourage them to let it like that.

Edited by Alphafox

Corpus places have lot of air venting stuff, but as shortcuts they won't seem to be worth it. You skip one corner or two. Possibly few enemy drops, fusion mods. Yet they won't let you skip friendship doors. For stealth play they might be nice, specially when frame is not invisible. 

Not really sure if new AI system makes enemies hear broken trapdoor or ventilator fans or body falling to floor.

I liked how well some hidden some places are in orokin derelict, specially not shown in map.

Never liked shooting or melee while wallrunning because some decorations make your frame think "wall ended".

Would be kinda fun play ninja with some hook weapon like valkyr's spiderweb. Killing and hiding bodies same time.

Speedrunning, if one in team does it, so must all others to not get bored. Well i don't see any reason to walk halls of corpses looking loot while speedrunner does 100% of the work. Speed running make enemies miss cause not all their bullets are hitscan. For host they seem to have better aim even when jumping dashing.

And what should we do? Make another thread about it? Everytime we do that what happen? Nothing. Using something in briken in the game won't encourage them ti fix it it will encourage them to let it like that.

Ah well. You'll have to go to Titanfall for that fix

Edited by SirAuron

No.

Go at the pace of the team, or go solo.

If you are the only one "going fast" then you are functionally solo and ruining everybody else's day in the process.

The same can be said for spamming Nova's ult.  I think the problem is how online games are handled versus solo games.