Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Everyone Slide Dash And Sprint Through This Game?

TheVynzler

I would parkour if it was fast enough and that I actually ran up the wall when I wanted to most of the time instead of wall running to the left or right. Might as well copter all the way across the cliff to the door so I don't have to wall run at all.

Because it's safer to go and do the objective fast. There is absolutely not much point playing through the level all tactical because killed enemies will just respawn behind you at some point and you will start taking fire from two sides, unless you are playing exterminate. Nightmare modes are sorta tactical most of the time, since enemies really mess you up if they get you.

Edited by kiteohatto

Seriously, Why?

I get that people want to go fast but this ruins so many great things about the game. You dont Parkour as much, you dont get to use new weapons or items as much because your too busy either playing catch up or just sprinting for the objective. This style of gameplay isint fun, and it seems like everyone plays like this when i join a party, but me. 

I just dont get it. Sprinting and sliding and only firing a small amount of rounds is boring.

I can see why you are complaining about it, can be really frustrating with randoms, but trust me it´s fun and like BrotherIcarus said, you are constantly where the action is.

It's not that people Want to go fast . ..  it's just the mission gets repetitive after grinding the thing 20 times. So players end up wanting to finish the thing as fast as possible to get started on the next one because they know RNG is  a #$&(% and they're probably not gonna get it this mission anyways.

This eventually translates into other missions and inevitably everyone is running everywhere.

Gotta Grind Fast

this.

meh frankly im yet to ever be overshadowed by a 'speed runner' who simply avoids all the damn combat and rushes past stuff, event he ones who fight while rushing rarely ever do F*** all to help the mission apart form get to the objective and end first - which i then tend to deliberately take my time and end it with more xp / loot / kills than their noob arses ever manage anyway, not to mention to truely be fast you need to make your warframe incredibly weak and frankly useless at anything but rushing, so ignore then for the bad players they are and go at your pace and make them wait at the end while you fight through the mission, and with a crazy excess of ingame hours im yet to be bored with any of the missions i run when i run them actually fighting .. which you know, is kind of the point of a 3rd person action game. odd that.

laters

Monk

It's not that people Want to go fast . ..  it's just the mission gets repetitive after grinding the thing 20 times. So players end up wanting to finish the thing as fast as possible to get started on the next one because they know RNG is  a #$&(% and they're probably not gonna get it this mission anyways.

This eventually translates into other missions and inevitably everyone is running everywhere.

Gotta Grind Fast

Exactly~

/wonders if this bored individual is max Mastery/all Challenges done/completed starchart/weapons and frames max formaed/completed Dojo/contributed to Alliance Dark Sectors etc etc etc

guessing no

Because all those things have to do with repeating the same cut and paste tile sets and missions over and over again~

This game is fast paced in most missions, simple as. Parkour would be useful if melee weapons didn't allow you to copter around the map, but then most of the maps aren't parkour friendly. Doing so either catapults you out of the map to your death, or worse, you get stuck in terrain and the only fix is aborting, thus losing all your progress *seems to be damn common in the Void lately, especially with the sliding doors*.

If you want to take it slow, that's fine. Just don't get &!$$ed when you enter bleedout and die because I'm half way across the map. The only time I go slower is if there are newbies that I know will have some trouble, thus I hang back to protect them.

Edited by Numerikuu

Seriously, Why?

I get that people want to go fast but this ruins so many great things about the game. You dont Parkour as much, you dont get to use new weapons or items as much because your too busy either playing catch up or just sprinting for the objective. This style of gameplay isint fun, and it seems like everyone plays like this when i join a party, but me. 

I just dont get it. Sprinting and sliding and only firing a small amount of rounds is boring.

For us more experienced players, it's a "been there, did that" mentality. But for most, playing the game in a fast pace makes it feel more actiony, and you can still parkour while breezing through the missions.

Hahaha...This thread clearly is a battle between 2 type of players :

2b4d7a2cc765c88f4268d87307035731.jpg

vs

Corpus-Rambo.gif

Untitled-23.jpg

The fast-paced tenno must understand something : us stealth players like to take our time, feel the thrill of planning approaches, subtly reaching a point while staying in the shadows,feeling as...Ninja as possible. Stealth is underestimated and it saddens me a little. If Warframe had both playstyles viable, it would really be a f2p to remember! Furthermore, it's one of the best looking f2p at the moment (I can't even count the people taking screenshots & making ingame wallpapers), so it's another way to enjoy the game, fighting under the landscape of Jupiter,watching the Ceres desolation...

I'm tired of joining random sessions with mach-2-rushers with their dual zoren, not even paying attention to their teammates,not even going back to revive someone who's been downed by 3 bombards. As much as explorers that open every lockers & acting like they're playing solo. These 2 kinds are as annoying as AFK players for me.

The day I joined a random rescue mission and did stealth with other real ninjas during the rescue 2.0 event was so much fun, but people won't do as much immersion because of the boring grind... (it looks like their game becomes a work.A farmer's work.)

I hope that both sides will get together without spitting on each other.One day,perhaps...

N.B. for those interested in the quiet side :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/3930-stealth-feedback-suggestions-thread/

Edited by unknow99