Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build Or Sell?

Yazeth

Question

I have Loki Prime, Rhino Prime, and Bo Prime set. Should I build them or not?

My alternate frames for Loki: Ash and Nyx/Vauban

My alternate frames for Rhino: Valkyr and Nyx/Vauban

My more preferred Prime weapon: Dakra Prime + Crimson Dervish Stance

I don't know if fun > usability in this case, since I'm not too much of a fan of those frames. I see the sets more useful for platinum than in use.  But, I have never tried those frames as well, so it's not logical if I judge a frame like that.

Loki can fit the need for both Ash and Nyx, but I do not see the need to have both, since Nyx can take some damage w/ her Absorb and CC with Chaos and Mind Control, and Ash's Smokescreen basically costs the same as Loki's Invisibility in terms of energy use per second and even provides a nice CC. His damage w/ Bladestorm and gap-closers with Teleport also provides a huge potential for melee play. But, I also don't know if Nyx can last as long as Loki in Survival missions either, since Loki can go invis and CC with his Radial Disarm and Decoy. I can run w/ Ash if it's the case for survivabilty, but he does lack CC. But, w/ Ash's melee potential, Bladestorm can scale in damage and may even be better, since you'll be able to take out enemies that no one else will be able to after and hour of T3/4 Survival just by keeping up with your combos.

Rhino has CC and the damage buff, but Valkyr is a lot more tankier and can rez w/o problems. In terms of taking damage, Valkyr is the better choice, but she does lack CC that Rhino provides, and not everyone will switch to melee whenever Valkyr uses Warcry. Nyx can substitute Rhino for Defense missions, and she's the better choice in terms of CC. But, she also lacks the movement speed that Rhino Prime provides, especially with an Arcane Vanguard helmet. Valkyr also lacks this speed, making Rhino Prime better for speed runs. But, you can basically speed run with any frames if you have a good coptor weapon, so speed will probably not be a good factor to add in.

Vauban is just for Infested Survival/Defense missions. Basically makes everything easier there, and the obvious choice over the other two in this case.

I'll probably sell Bo Prime in the end, since Dakra Prime is just the best for life stealing, but I am having conflicted feelings about the frames. I have seperate frames that specializes more in certain situations, but also being able to use a frame good in multiple is a huge plus as well. All frames provide unique abilities and experiences, but is it worth it over the possible platinum that I can make off of it? I really need to make a decision.

Edited by Yazeth

8 answers to this question

Try the normal versions before investing in the Prime versions.

If you don't plan on getting around to them for a while, sell them, then grind or trade for them again later. The prices tend to drop over time, so if you just keep the parts you are losing value.

Ash is bad. Worse invisibility, and his abilities only provide mediocre damage without helping the team much.

Really? Perhaps on high-level, "end-game" content; but so far my experience playing Ash has been nothing but a joy.Bleed procs, high damage to most enemies (again, depending on level), invisibility for quick recoveries...in terms of offensive play (which I'm attracted to), Ash is much better than Loki, who specializes in a more "utility" role.

Ash is bad. Worse invisibility, and his abilities only provide mediocre damage without helping the team much.

Probably didn't noticed my updated post, but Ash's invisibility is the same as Loki's in terms of energy use per second. Provides a nice stun too, so it's good to use while being shot at by close enemies. Bladestorm scales in dmg based on your combos. If you can keep it up, the damage can help a lot for your teammates. It also provides a passive CC by distracting some enemies by having them lock onto you during the animation.

Really? Perhaps on high-level, "end-game" content; but so far my experience playing Ash has been nothing but a joy.Bleed procs, high damage to most enemies (again, depending on level), invisibility for quick recoveries...in terms of offensive play (which I'm attracted to), Ash is much better than Loki, who specializes in a more "utility" role.

If you're asking about the viability of a frame, you're actually talking about high level content, since any frame is viable for DE approved content. If you're playing DE approved content, just pick whichever one looks the coolest.

Ash simply does not scale well at high levels, and everything he does is done better by a different frame.

Loki is both fun and useful at all levels and most gametypes. Would recommend. Nyx is also pretty useful. Ash is bad. Worse invisibility, and his abilities only provide mediocre damage without helping the team

have you seen the bleed proc on blade storm? it does 4000 dmg