Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Accelerant.

Nyxcha

so, for a while people have been telling me that Ember's Accelerant has a good stun.

fun fact, you can go to warframe builder here

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ember

and click details to see the stats of your build

for example, here accelerant with max duration

YuYBdfN.jpg

1 sec stagger. not much of a stun. specially when u need to res an ally

heres it with low duration.

AXr7V4j.jpg

1 sec stagger. not much of a stun. specially when you need to res an ally.

so for people saying this skill is a great skill for survivability. no

its a 1 secound stun,  fireball gives the same.

the only difference is. this gives a fire dmg buff. instead of dealing direct dmg

The enemies need extra time after the stun to aim at you again, which is another half second, but the real bonus is the radius - 20m unmodded, it's the number on enemies you can stun at once that makes this a fair ability.  It isn't quite as good as abilities like chaos and miasma, but is worth equipping.

Edit: The + 250% fire damage bonus also has great synergy with another stunning means, fireball, as well as her other two abilities.

Edited by (PS4)harryjackg

The enemies need extra time after the stun to aim at you again, which is another half second, but the real bonus is the radius - 20m unmodded, it's the number on enemies you can stun at once that makes this a fair ability.  It isn't quite as good as abilities like chaos and miasma, but is worth equipping.

not with how long it takes to res an ally. you will never res them before you get your weak armored @$$ knocked back and killed

its best to take fortitude to survive the knockdowns

Edited by Amberpaw

Accelerant's stun lasts more than one second. I can vouch for this because I would usually hit accelerant when I run into a huge mob and then hit world on fire; which has a 2.2 second cast time; and the mobs would still be in a stunned state from my initial cast of accelerant.

Accelerant works best with a 75% efficiency build. it's meant to be spammed to lock crowds down.

Edited by IidaHitoshi

not with how long it takes to res an ally. you will never res them before you get your weak armored @$$ knocked back and killed

Just this morning I did a 50 minute public match, playing as ember, with a rank 0 nyx and a rank 30 loki as allies.  I was built with fortitude, sure-footed, and fast deflection on top of the shield mods.  The accelerant stun worked fine the 20 times I had to revive them, and they never had to revive me -- try it out for real rather than relying on engines.

Also, you can spam cast it, you don't have to wait for the last one to run out, which is actually an advantage over similar abilities

Just this morning I did a 50 minute public match, playing as ember, with a rank 0 nyx and a rank 30 loki as allies.  I was built with fortitude, sure-footed, and fast deflection on top of the shield mods.  The accelerant stun worked fine the 20 times I had to revive them, and they never had to revive me -- try it out for real rather than relying on engines.

Also, you can spam cast it, you don't have to wait for the last one to run out, which is actually an advantage over similar abilities

50 energy isnt quite spammable when your main opponent is supposed to be infected.

lots of disruption spams there. the moment u run out of energy. well...

i've tried it in tower runs and orikin derelect. always ends with em at 50% res on my ally, and the enemys pushing me away or knocking me away

Its inconsistent.

45ae51d9427573c44e03493b75c9e272.gif 

Here you distinctively see that it only lasts for 1 second.

But here..

6484ba6d803a0c8dfd1a5c1617c908de.gif

Slightly longer.

Sometimes itl be 1 second, sometimes 1.8 or so seconds

sadly duration mods don't make the difference.  but thanks for the pics =)

sadly duration mods don't make the difference.  but thanks for the pics =)

I know, and i agree with you it needs looking at, i was just showing others that the reason ti feels longer is because its inconsistent.

If you run into a bunch of corrupted and use your 2, its annoying on occasion when they just unfreeze in like half a second

I know, and i agree with you it needs looking at, i was just showing others that the reason ti feels longer is because its inconsistent.

If you run into a bunch of corrupted and use your 2, its annoying on occasion when they just unfreeze in like half a s

Slightly longer.

Sometimes itl be 1 second, sometimes 1.8 or so seconds

Thanks for the heads up! Only really started using the ability properly this week, do you suspect it's enemy type or rng that changes stun duration?

Thanks for the heads up! Only really started using the ability properly this week, do you suspect it's enemy type or rng that changes stun duration?

Got it! (testing for the last half an hour)

Whenever you use accellerant, theres a chance that they'll do 1 of 3 animations.

One is the where they cover their faces, during this one  they'll only be stunned for about 2 seconds:

638c991a92e06da76c22daea1b8c4630.gif

The second one they'll kinda shake around for a bit, during this one they'll be stunned for about 3 seconds, (longer)

5819dce3caacb8d6c2c369f9a4abb115.gif

In the third one they'll wave their arms around, lasting for around 4 seconds.

079c604afc4bf9074c5a59b6c2af144a.gif

The issue is that because its so inconsistent, its basically hit or miss, in a save teammate situation you'll either revive them in time, or get chopped up midway.

Got it! (testing for the last half an hour)

Whenever you use accellerant, theres a chance that they'll do 1 of 3 animations.

One is the where they cover their faces, during this one  they'll only be stunned for about 2 seconds:

638c991a92e06da76c22daea1b8c4630.gif

The second one they'll kinda shake around for a bit, during this one they'll be stunned for about 3 seconds, (longer)

5819dce3caacb8d6c2c369f9a4abb115.gif

In the third one they'll wave their arms around, lasting for around 4 seconds.

079c604afc4bf9074c5a59b6c2af144a.gif

The issue is that because its so inconsistent, its basically hit or miss, in a save teammate situation you'll either revive them in time, or get chopped up midway.

nice, but that was all on butchers.  what about the other enemy types. and their animation =(

nice, but that was all on butchers.  what about the other enemy types. and their animation =(

I think same animations will go for all grineer and corpus. Infested are something different though...

Edited by Kialandi

I think same animations will go for all grineer and corpus. Infested are something different though...

yeah...i can vouch for charger animations

basically the charger falls to the ground in pain and continues to move as normal (sliding on the ground unnaturally)

ancients seem to have the same 3 animations of grineer

osprey ignore it entirely

crawlers sorta float in the air...(liek they do when u shoot them) 

measured 

4 sec solo in the void

corrupted ancient indeed wakes up quicker than a gunner

3 sec joinng a game vs grineer

Need to pested Scott to make it consistent 5 sec stun (just enough to res a teammate). Come on, poor Ember needs some love!

Edited by Monolake

measured 

4 sec solo in the void

corrupted ancient indeed wakes up quicker than a gunner

3 sec joinng a game vs grineer

Need to pested Scott to make it consistent 5 sec stun (just enough to res a teammate). Come on, poor Ember needs some love!

Look at my gifs bro, its literally just a random chance of any of the 3 animations

ember needs alot of love.  but makign accelerant a 5 sec guarenteed stun would be a PERFECT start

the rest of the love is related to making fire blast appealing,   letting us see the range of our World on Fire.    and making it so fat ol rhino isn't faster than a frame of fire(and thus speed.  after all, what is lightning but extremely hot and fast fire)

Look at my gifs bro, its literally just a random chance of any of the 3 animations

Yeh I didnt check all the cases, guess you are correct.

With the spammability it has, locking down entire rooms is really not hard. It's main appeal is supposed to be the damage increase, the stun is just a bonus. 

She has zero survivability w/o the stun while she constantly needs to run into the enemies with her ult. 

Yeh I didnt check all the cases, guess you are correct.

She has zero survivability w/o the stun while she constantly needs to run into the enemies with her ult. 

add to that not all enemys are melee. some can do ranged knockdowns

and if she loses her energy...well 50 energy skills arent spammable.  25 energy yes. but 50...isnt worth a 3 sec or less stun

Fireball apparently has a decent stun. 

Besides that, you could always shoot them instead of running into enemies with WoF. 

Personally I have no problems doing all that and more. Accelerant, WoF, start shooting, Accelerant again because spammability, HEY!