Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Accelerant.

Nyxcha

You guys need to stop equipping Narrow Minded and then complaining that you have to hump enemies to hurt them with WoF (ask for WoF to be a toggle so it doesn't need duration mods instead.)  Accelerant complements the evasive maneuvers available to every frame fantastically.  The weird inconsistent animation thing should probably be normalized but the ability works fine otherwise.  I almost never die because it covers pretty much every opening, and I am not an extraordinarily skilled player.  Learn to play the game.  Asking for a 5 second on-demand stun that hits the whole room is asking for your laziness to be supported by the developers.  If you want to snooze through content go play Rhino, Nova, or one of the other overpowered frames that DE has provided for your playing preference.

Edited by RealPandemonium

You guys need to stop equipping Narrow Minded and then complaining that you have to hump enemies to hurt them with WoF (ask for WoF to be a toggle so it doesn't need duration mods instead.)  Accelerant complements the evasive maneuvers available to every frame fantastically.  The weird inconsistent animation thing should probably be normalized but the ability works fine otherwise.  I almost never die because it covers pretty much every opening, and I am not an extraordinarily skilled player.  Learn to play the game.  Asking for a 5 second on-demand stun that hits the whole room is asking for your laziness to be supported by the developers.  If you want to snooze through content go play Rhino, Nova, or one of the other overpowered frames that DE has provided for your playing preference.

compare time for the narrow minded dolt.

Accelerant.

2x to 6x dmg. for FIRE dmg only

stun is 1-4 secounds. random (so beware using it to buy time to res allys)

costs 50 energy

does not affect other status types, including those MADE BY FIRE, like radiation,gas, and blast.

Paralysis.

2x to 6x dmg. for ALL MELEE dmg. aka the entire team can make use of it

stun is 1-4 secounds. random

but costs 5 energy, making it VERY spammable.

affects ALL melee weapon dmg, including puncture, impact, bleeding, elements.   long as it is on a melee weapon, it is affected.

so which looks better to you? the thing you can spam 10 times for 50 energy.  or the thing u can use once for 50 energy, in addition to the energy cost of the fire dmg ability. ignis can not have any elements on it except fire.  otherwise it wont be affected.

remember: everything in game is balanced until it is either nerfed, or announced to be nerfed.

example: we consider Nova to be OP. as no Nerf has been announced, and she hasn't had the OP part nerfed yet.  she is balanced.

as such, all frames should be compared to her as a balanced frame.

Edited by Amberpaw

Paralysis has half of Accelerant's range, uses up your shield, only works on melee, can lock you in the finisher animation if you do follow up with melee, and is on a durable frame designed to be in close.  An interesting comparison, though.  

Nova is not balanced by anyone's standards; she exists so that lazy players can snooze through the game and always has.  

Paralysis has half of Accelerant's range, uses up your shield, only works on melee, can lock you in the finisher animation if you do follow up with melee, and is on a durable frame designed to be in close.  An interesting comparison, though.  

Nova is not balanced by anyone's standards; she exists so that lazy players can snooze through the game and always has.  

as nova has not been nerfed. we must assume she is balanced by DEs standards and request the other frames be buffed to her levels until she is either nerfed or the others buffed to balance out with her.

paralysis is half of accelerants range yes, but at 1/10 the cost its worth it.

using up your own shields? if u in range for paralysis or accelerant your shield is liekly to be mostly gone anyway.  not to mention valkyr's armor makes up for the shield.    ember has neither high shields or armor.

the dmg boost from melee dmg vs JUST fire dmg...well if you have a full team of 4, the melee wins because all 4 have melee.  but its unlikely all 4 have fire (after element combos came, its unlikely any use pure fire except someone relying on accelerant for EVERYTHING)

your melee weapon have fire on it? heres a tip. accelerant wont increase your melee dmg. jsut the fire dmg.

but paralysis. will boost both melee and fire dmg. since its on a melee weapon

valkyr is designed to be close.

ember is not

yet 3/4 of ember skills are designed for close to mid range.

only fireball is close to long range.

ability wise, she looks like she was designed to be like valkyr.

stat wise, she looks like she was designed to be a very long range frame

game wise, shes 2 things that don't compliment eachother. 

example 2: Frost. look at his skills.   yeah...mirrors of ember's in many ways. but stat wise. they compliment his abiltys

Edited by Amberpaw

Fireball apparently has a decent stun. 

Besides that, you could always shoot them instead of running into enemies with WoF. 

Personally I have no problems doing all that and more. Accelerant, WoF, start shooting, Accelerant again because spammability, HEY! 

Fireball gives about the same duration stagger as Accelerant and its not a large aoe.  Ember can faceroll low leves, but past 30 she lacks both survivability and damage. 

WoF has crappy range of 15m, you need to mod for everything: efficiency, duration, range (power and casting speed would be great but there are no slots for it). She has so many weaknesses that you cant fix with mods unless you compromise something else, in the end no one plays her past mid-level games.  Many frames got decent buffs to increase variety of the teams, but Ember got left behind. 

Accelerant.

2x to 6x dmg. for FIRE dmg only

stun is 1-4 secounds. random (so beware using it to buy time to res allys)

costs 50 energy

does not affect other status types, including those MADE BY FIRE, like radiation,gas, and blast.

Paralysis.

2x to 6x dmg. for ALL MELEE dmg. aka the entire team can make use of it

stun is 1-4 secounds. random

but costs 5 energy, making it VERY spammable.

affects ALL melee weapon dmg, including puncture, impact, bleeding, elements.   long as it is on a melee weapon, it is affected.

But Paralysis is garbage, bad comparison . It opens enemies to 1 finisher attack which is so slow its not worth doing.  

Stagger from it is shorter than from Accelerant.

Edited by Monolake

Fireball gives about the same duration stagger as Accelerant and its not a large aoe.  Ember can faceroll low leves, but past 30 she lacks both survivability and damage. 

WoF has crappy range of 15m, you need to mod for everything: efficiency, duration, range (power and casting speed would be great but there are no slots for it). She has so many weaknesses that you cant fix with mods unless you compromise something else, in the end no one plays her past mid-level games.  Many frames got decent buffs to increase variety of the teams, but Ember got left behind. 

But Paralysis is garbage, bad comparison . It opens enemies to 1 finisher attack which is so slow its not worth doing.  

Stagger from it is shorter than from Accelerant.

This is the main issue with her. There literally isn't any way of modding her for anything unique, everything affected by everything. +1

WoF and Fire Blast are bad.  Ember is good.  With just 1 and 2 she is good.  3 is useless (or just for fun if you want) and 4 can be decent if you're willing to sacrifice Redirection or whatever other durability solution in order to equip duration mods for it.  Removing 4's dependence on duration by making it a toggle is just what Ember needs at the moment (to open up mod slots,) IMO.  3 and 4 are bad, not the whole frame.  The archetype of the relatively fragile ability ability user who must take risks to maximize damage potential is a fun one and Ember almost totally accomplishes the goal her designer had for her.  WoF's duration dependence and Fire Blast's uselessness are the only things holding her back.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

I use Accelerant as a stun, I've never noticed it being any less than 3 seconds - more than enough time to pick people up. Furthermore, mine costs 12 energy, easily spammable.

look at the gifs on page 1.

and its never been enough to pick people up for me. always get pushed around

I use Accelerant as a stun, I've never noticed it being any less than 3 seconds - more than enough time to pick people up. Furthermore, mine costs 12 energy, easily spammable.

The main issue is the Spam build that everyone keeps hyping about with ember is that you always run out of energy, in late game when you'll be using it nearly all the time , especially with its low range.

Especially with the fact that i guess you use Fleeting Expertise, the duration of Accelerant can get do dang small that it runs out by the time their not stunned.

The only way to possibly make this worth is if you had max range, but even then the total and utter lack of damage that it leaves you with nulifies all of embers uses 100%.

She needs looking at >.<

I mean shes even lost her usage against infested now because her health pool is horrible compared to other frames, low armor rating with this, plus the fact that if you dare mod her to actually fix this problem then you gain MORE problems because you cant make her abilities viable.

I understand the fact that shes supposed to be a damage dealer. But the problem here is that 100% of her usage is based on her energy pool,  her abilities have to be spammed in order to be made use of. and after enemies reach say level 37ish no matter how much damage your dishing out, you'll find yourself just dropping to the floor due to

Infested Poison

Grineer slash procs

Corpus sheer amount of lasers hitting you.

Her survivability needs a rework and i know Warframes arn't at the top of the list right now, update 14 and all, but it'd be nice to know that someone higher up has at least acknowledged this as seen or something, because i'm seeing a lot of posts to do with ember nowadays.

bfc6bb158df094d6e322c8d54fcc1447.png

67102ff929c7dd37f102f88583b9e487.png

Saw the gifs, I still have nothing less than 3 seconds.

I don't spam it that often, and even if I do I have more than enough Energy to be able to never run out. Once every 3 seconds, shoot inbetween. I don't use Accelerant for the damage, just the stun.

but then whats the point of having ember in the void in the first place?

Her whole deal is to deliver more then average damage why utilising the fire in her weapons. if your using her only for the stun, you may aswell use excalibur/loki/ others, as they do the job better.

but then whats the point of having ember in the void in the first place?

Her whole deal is to deliver more then average damage why utilising the fire in her weapons. if your using her only for the stun, you may aswell use excalibur/loki/ others, as they do the job better.

valkyr's cost 5 energy and is the same stun. but affects melee dmg for whole team