The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Just Cause I Didn't Unlock All The Map.

CelticMoss

Question

If you really need to do an alert on a node you haven't unlocked, just taxi to it. Newer system will support it if you misunderstood the first two pages of the thread. Just don't expect to play nodes you haven't been specifically invited to until you have unlocked them for yourself.

Oh no I know that, that's where I was trying to get at.

People HAVE to unlock the nodes by themselves that is a fact. But this was more regading the posts that basically said that people should get f'd by the RNG just because the haven't unlocked the node. Knowing how random and cruel the alerts can be.

of course you can of advanced through the game, hell you could be mr 16 (no real achievement and cant wait for focus to F*** over the mr16 players who just lvld a weapon and moved on like most seem to of done based on their very poor performances - seriously there has to be some MR15/16 players who are good and have fully maxed out gear i am yet to ever see one though, anyway that was slightly off topic rant, so moving on ..) without ever leaving mercury, but honestly i find it fun to clear planets, and this change should finally put a stop to those players you find in higher level areas that clearly have no place being there and basically leech the whole mission. and for those that are high lvl and never cleared stuff, oh no you need to play the game! (not that this should affect anyone who has already unlocked nodes)

ive nothing against mates and clan members taking a newbie through high level content, what i don't like is when said new player decides to go and try the high level content without their buddy's to pull the weight for them, the new system should put a stop to the issue.

laters

Monk

If I remember correctly, when you got taxied to an alert in the past, it did not unlock the node. This was about a year ago. I remember helping people on alerts, and I still had to work may way to that node. I think they are simply changing it back to the old way. But my memory is fuzzy, and I might be remembering wrong :P

Yeah, that's right.  I think it was changed when Invasions were added because running them didn't clear the node either and there was one at the start of Sedna that ran for days.  Both sides offered a small amount of credits and nobody cared except the people who still had to unlock the rest of Sedna and couldn't clear that node until the invasion was decided.  It was fixed by a) making the node clear if you do any kind of mission on it, not just the normal one b) adding decay to the invasions so they eventually clear themselves once a side takes lead.

the new player experience really isn't that hard, in fact, id call it fun, i went back and tried to see how far i could get with newbie level gear the other week, its pretty far, i then decided t see just how far you could get if you never really go beyond starter weapons (braton, skana and aklato) and with many formas on them and many maxed mods, they really are not bad :P apart from the aklatos, even 4 forma in with maxed mods they still do way to low dmg to be any use at all which is a shame cos i love the models, and unless you want to go to high waves in t3/4 you never really NEED new guns beyond changing the mk1 to the normal braton (and i guess a new secondary but a lex would work fine)

laters

Monk

Edited by MonkJayn

the new player experience really isn't that hard, in fact, id call it fun, i went back and tried to see how far i could get with newbie level gear the other week, its pretty far, i then decided t see just how far you could get if you never really go beyond starter weapons (braton, skana and aklato) and with many formas on them and many maxed mods, they really are not bad :P apart from the aklatos, even 4 forma in with maxed mods they still do way to low dmg to be any use at all which is a shame cos i love the models, and unless you want to go to high waves in t3/4 you never really NEED new guns beyond changing the mk1 to the normal braton (and i guess a new secondary but a lex would work fine)

laters

Monk

I'm still confused on the new player experience being hard - are they meaning if you solo the nodes? Because if you are playing co-op with people, even with a basic braton, you can run your way through them, crappy mods or not. Solo...well, the game was never intended to be solo. It's easier now anyway, since you can actually stop the stupid alarms. I remember my first time trying to play this game around U4/U5, solo, and the enemies would quickly spawn in front and behind me in a stream. I quickly learned I had to run my &#! off to get through any mission solo, lol. Now though, you can take more time and stop alarms...makes it soooo nice (imo).

In U14, we all have personal Ships (Liset).

A guy who will taxi you is taking you aboard his ships during the mission. So your ship doesn't unlock the destination.

not true but would be really cool :P

laters

Monk

I came at U6 had to solo most of the solar map because oif the lack of players and chatroom and you have a huge amount of weapons / info everything at your disposal and you CANT unloick the solar map . Maaybe you should change game then  

In U14, we all have personal Ships (Liset).

A guy who will taxi you is taking you aboard his ship during the mission. So your ship doesn't unlock the destination.

Oh! Well...that makes sense to me, lol.

I also just realized the game is M rated now, but the forums still aren't, lol. Due to my last posts edit :P

Unlocking all the nodes isn't that hard. Pluto took a while because hardly anyone was there.

IMO they should restrict Void missions until you have unlocked all the maps.

^ this, the lvl range of unlocked nodes on the solar map should reflect what level of void keys/missions your able to use or be invited into, with "all clear" unlocking T4.

Edited by Methanoid

Unlock the entire map. You're missing out on multiple things:

1. Mastery. Completing a node for the first time rewards some Mastery.

2. An abundance of credits and resources. If you complete the starmap, you won't need to farm resources for a long while, excluding Oxium and Orokin Cells of course.

3. Fun way to level weapons. Instead of bringing your crappy Viper to a T4 Void and then promptly switching to your Penta and bombing everything, the starmap missions are at a proper level for your unranked stuff.

4. Quick access to alerts.

5. Quick access to any new planet.

Edited by AlchemistMute

I did most of the nodes before rank 7, just because I was enjoying the challenge.

Also, it doesn't hurt when friends ask to get to alerts that they haven't unlocked.

Honestly, it doesn't take much time if you run Survival to 5 minutes or Defense to 5 waves, the other nodes (aside from Rescue 2.0) are fairly short and quick if you are a nimble warframe.

Edited by (PS4)DurandalTyr

I also liked of unlocking all places. My first priority was that not to do all but atleast get all unlocked aka blue. I don't like nightmare missions jumping randomly from places to places. Would be awesome after done all maps i could start exploring nightmare galaxy instead of checking planets what mission types are avaible atm on nightmare each planet. Also nightmare modes does not have same rewards system like void or orokin derelict? Kinda silly that all can be gotten with exterminate. Nightmare interception is fun on Draco. I want to farm nightmare void keys. x.x