Critical Chance ...how Does It Work ?

Question

Well... I kinda thought there was something weird about my critical chance, but I thought it was because my weapons were lvl 30 or something.

But I recently bought Paris, lvl 0, and I did some crit... How ? I didn't put any mod on it so the weapon itself should have 0% crit chance (or it has a default invisible crit chance ?). Or my lvl 30 warframe excalibur has an invisible crit chance ? ...

Or the crit chance comes from the pistols which have a mod with +15% crit chance (thought it was only for pistol though)

How does it work ? Thanks for the help.

7 answers to this question

I think warframe no longer work with sum system.

Every weapon have a base value of crit chance hit that will be multiplied by your mod.

Edit: They will update the UI to see the weapons status more detailed in the future.

Edited by Probta16

Ok ... So I guess the slower the weapon, the higher the crit ? would be cool to know how much is the base crit :/

Thanks for helpin' =)

Edited by STUVash

crit mods are useless pretty much. the weapons have a crit chance like 2.5% or 5%, and the mods mod that multiplicatively, so e.g. you have 15% crit mod, your crit chance with a weapon with 5% base crit would become 5%*1.15 = 5.75%. As you can imagine, this glorious increase is not even noticeable.

Exception: Melee crit damage mods on Loki, since invis guarantees crit.

Edit: Here you can see the crit chances for some weapons after the update7 balance pass: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/17356-update-7x-weapon-balance-notes/

Edited by arune

Well if they're so useless they might change these mods to something more common like +15% instead of *1.15... but maybe that would make the game too much easier.

I mean is it really like that ? There's no point to create useless mods, I mean some might not be much interesting but crit chance is something anyone would be interested in :/

(And I upgraded quite a bit to get +15% on pistols~)

Edited by STUVash