Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Unarmed Focused Game Mode

StallordD

So as Geoff said in the recent devstream, Geoff said an unarmed focus could be cool, but it didn't really have a good place in the game yet. Therefore, I thought a new game mode called "subterfuge" could add a fun new challenging way for players to play.

The mode would start with players being willingly captured by either the Corpus or the Grineer. They would then be stripped of weapons and placed in a cell. Once inside, the Lotus would release them from their imprisonment, and then give them an objective to steal. The objectives could vary from stealing simple data, to securing an artifact. A stealth focus could be put in as well, allowing players to secure multiple objectives should they remain in stealth, giving higher payouts of credits or mods.

Players would have a modified melee stance that focuses on grappling. Performing successful combos on enemies would disarm them, giving players an unmodded (level scaled) weapon that only has one clip. After the clip is expended, the weapon is discarded. Players can also find their captured weapons on the ship, and can choose to re-obtain them, or simply mark them for pickup by the lotus and continue unarmed for greater challenge.

I think this is a fun way to both expand on stealth, and have an interesting mixup to regular combat with a skill and resource management focus. It also adds a nice stealth focused game mode that gives a great vibe of classic spy/heist/prison bust scenarios.

Thoughts on this mode?

i'd welcome it.

another thing i think it should be added, perhaps more related to parkour yet still very relevant to stealth, is wall grab. if we could perform a steady wall grab, we might be able to stay out of the enemy sight as they pass by below us. and no, by no means there should be a mod for it. we have enough mods already, and that ability should be inherent to a space ninja. lets leave some gameplay to skills shall we?

so, you are in a mission, trying to avoid detection. a grineer patrol approaches to your courrent position and there is no place to hide. you climb the wall next to the door they are about to cross, wait for them to pass by, drop, and continue your mission undetected. (or jump on them and take your chances)

sum that to the scenraio (or any other scenario) you proposed and we just gained a lot of immersion right there.

i'd welcome it.

another thing i think it should be added, perhaps more related to parkour yet still very relevant to stealth, is wall grab. if we could perform a steady wall grab, we might be able to stay out of the enemy sight as they pass by below us. and no, by no means there should be a mod for it. we have enough mods already, and that ability should be inherent to a space ninja. lets leave some gameplay to skills shall we?

so, you are in a mission, trying to avoid detection. a grineer patrol approaches to your courrent position and there is no place to hide. you climb the wall next to the door they are about to cross, wait for them to pass by, drop, and continue your mission undetected. (or jump on them and take your chances)

sum that to the scenraio (or any other scenario) you proposed and we just gained a lot of immersion right there.

Ah, that would be nice. It would feel pretty badass to have a stealth kill finisher attached to it too, so I could drop on an enemy from above and snap their neck. More ninja is needed in this game for sure.

I like your ideas on "unarmed mode", and a game mode that makes you need it would be interesting. Plus there's already precedent for being stripped of weapons and released from prison thanks to what happens when you let Harvester catch you.