Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warfame Is Pay To Play With Free Trial.

ArgonTheFox

By default, an account has two slots for Warframes, and 8 slots for weaponry. Quite frankly, this game is Pay to Play, just with a free trial. When I started the game, I wanted to get every Warframe and weapon, and get them to Rank 30. That changed when I done the maths and figured out doing that would cost over £90.

That is a lot of money for something that should be a basic utility. I can understand DE needs to make their money, but they shouldn't be forcing people to pay, if they don't want to throw away perfectly good weapons and Warframes when they're at Rank 30. I am perfectly happy to spend money on this game, because I can easily see this game will be successful, but im disappointed such a strong game, feels like it needs to be held up by obligating players to spend money, and im disappointed such a sophisticated, high-quality developer as DE believes its a necessary or desirable business choice.

I would buy slots, if they were at a drastically reduced price, because at the moment, its just way, way too much. Or I would buy slots if I didn't need to buy so many. For example, if I only had to buy a few dozen, and the rest given to me at the start of the game, I could spend so much more platinum on things that will actually be helpful, as opposed to the basic necessity of inventory space.

On a serious note, if I used all the slots, and got my 2 Warframes and 8 weapons to rank 30, I would be at Mastery Rank 5, possibly 6. Quite frankly, that is a free trial, that is not "Free to Play" as this game is branded. There is a level cap unless you pay real life money, and even then, it is impossible to reach the maximum level (currently 16), unless you shell out a monstrous amount of money

Its things like this that scare away new players and as a result, end up killing online games. If DE would have said at the beginning of the game "Hey, Argon, you won't be able to progress above Rank 5 unless you pay us." I would've been ok, but because I have been deceived like this, I am absolutely furious, along with the numerous other players in my clan who have been back stabbed into handing over money, for what is a basic function in an online game. 

Im going to go and metaphorically cry in my sleep now, knowing ill have to trade eating for a week at a shot for completion in Warframe. Then ill literally cry, because ill have no money after im forced into buying my inventory space.

I bid you good day.

You know trading? Just asking cause you can get free plat for that and buy slots from that, also you can sell your max level frames/weapons to get new ones.

Edited by Evers

ok DE, I propose you give people free warframe and weapon slots for mastering a warframe/weapon. for example, when you get a weapon to rank 30 for the first time you get a free slot for your next weapon/warframe.

It'd be awesome for first weapon/frame... but I don't think they'd go for the every lv30 hit = new slot. I think a more likable term would be every 5 you maxed gets you a free slot :P

The game is free to play, with pay-for-convenience (alternatively "trade-for-convenience" seeing as you can trade mods and prime parts for platinum with other players).

You can pay if you'd rather not farm for prime parts or rare mods to sell to other players to platinum, which you could then use to purchase additional slots, or if you don't want to sell your second warframe or additional weapon(s) when you want to get a new one.

Thank you to everyone who highlighted the trading system for me, I didn't realize it was possible to trade items for Platinum, ill go and read up on that. As for everyone who said "You can sell your weapons.", read the post before replying, my whole point was that I was angry about being forced to sell weapons, because I want to have them all, which I cant do with only 8 weapon slots.

As an MR-15 with every frame, sentinel (except wyrm-p), all but 3 mods, and 100+ weapon slots I can definitively tell you that no, its not Pay to play, pay to win, pay to anything. Only spent $20 on the game the rest comes from the trade channel. Just need that good ol grind to get what ya want and a good copy/paste to shovel what you don't use into trade channel.

I agree that having to buy slots is a bit annoying, but, with the trading system, it's possible to get enough without spending a dime. You can also sell weapons/frames when you are done with them, but that does feel wrong.

it is impossible to reach the maximum level (currently 16), unless you shell out a monstrous amount of money

Uh...what? I've only spent $10, and I'm rank 16 lol

Thank you to everyone who highlighted the trading system for me, I didn't realize it was possible to trade items for Platinum, ill go and read up on that. As for everyone who said "You can sell your weapons.", read the post before replying, my whole point was that I was angry about being forced to sell weapons, because I want to have them all, which I cant do with only 8 weapon slots.

Well, there's a difference between "Pay to keep everything" and "Pay to play".  Like, a massive difference.  And you didn't actually mention selling at all in your OP.

The game is free to play, with pay-for-convenience (alternatively "trade-for-convenience" seeing as you can trade mods and prime parts for platinum with other players).

You can pay if you'd rather not farm for prime parts or rare mods to sell to other players to platinum, which you could then use to purchase additional slots, or if you don't want to sell your second warframe or additional weapon(s) when you want to get a new one.

Letter13 to the rescue!

It's not P2W it's P4Convenience, you can get everything except Slots, Colour Pallets and Cosmetics for free through grinding for them.

The reason there is a marketplace is so DE can make some cash to support this game through the people that want stuff yesterday or that do not have the time to farm themselves.

also I really wish people could correctly identify the difference between P2W and this game, P2W means Selling Weapons/Warframes that you cannot get through the normal progression of the game, this is so not the case here.

Oh and considering this is the OP's first post as well as the fact they joined 12 hours before making this post, leads me to believe this is someone trying to make DE look disreputable.

If you ask me, it's one of the parts of the game it does right, the Payment model they have.

I want a new weapon, damnit im out of slots! let's buy a new one, DAMNIT IM OUT OF PLAT!

Ok, now i must go into the void to get some tradeable stuff!

Great i now got a full set of a Prime Warframe i don't want! now i can sell this off for some profit!

Pff, nobody seems to want to buy it! i must make some sort of discount.

Deal! i got it off for 30 Plat! great, that is 4 new weapon slots total! this is amazing!

If you ask me, it adds some sort of meta game to it, ingame currency that is ''tradeable'' makes it a huge winner, because it somehow simulates the real world. The people with wealth go out and look for goods (Prime parts, keys, cores, mods you name it!) while those with no wealth/no intention to pay money in a video game, go out and try to get these goods, making competetive prices to get noticed on the Trading chat, it's all very natural and awesome to me.

It's not that bad since I used my Disciple Plat to get all the Slots I needed for warframes and still have slots left.   Hunter I used that for Weapon slots and then By the time I got Master I had spare plat left over which I spent on random stuff along with stuffs from both previous Prime access.

Well sure but you don't really need anything and everything I mostly just use Miter and Paris Prime along with Sybaris and Tigris and only Marelok and Lex Prime with just a few melee so that's what 15 of 60 slots I have?

It's not P2W it's P4Convenience, you can get everything except Slots, Colour Pallets and Cosmetics for free through grinding for them.

.... thats exactly what pay 2 win is dude paying for something that you could otherwise get for free by playing