Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc To Ps4? How Is It Going To Work?

If i missed the answer in a stream just tell me that. So im wondering how on earth migration will work. We will be seeing pc Tenno running with the new corpus freeze ray (pretty cool!) while ps4 players watch with jealousy? Will there be cross play so both communites can play together? And... How will this work without the updates being in sync with both systems... Unless something's being done about the slow updates for ps4. So yeah got an answer?

It's an account COPY.

Basically when you do it, you have 2 accounts: a PC and a PS4 account, both of which have all the same gear, items, frames, etc (though platinum and clan stuff isn't transferred). You keep your PC account's progress, and from that point onward your PS4 and PC account progress independently from one another.

Basically the account copying doesn't do anything to your PC account.

Once update 14 hits for both the PC and the PS4, it's assumed that, for a time, the two platforms will line up (build wise) to allow the copying.

Edited by (PS4)DSG-x-3

Letter13 posted this in this thread:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130776-transferring-from-the-pc-to-ps4/

Once update 14 hits for both the PC and the PS4, it's assumed that, for a time, the two platforms will line up (build wise) to allow the copying.

oh you lucky pc people will be albe to experiment with the trash weapons for no cost... Cant wait for ps4 dumping grounds :D

Everything in here is pretty much spot on, but the one aspect that is not quite true is that the builds need to be in sync. According to DE, the builds do not have to be in sync for account migration to be possible.

Everything in here is pretty much spot on, but the one aspect that is not quite true is that the builds need to be in sync. According to DE, the builds do not have to be in sync for account migration to be possible.

so that means people will waving freeze rays in my face while i use my amphrex... Ahh ok :(

Well, "build" != "weapons".  We assume that either...

A - DE will do the migrations at times when the PC and PS4 have the same stuff.

B - If it's not, then PC accounts with those items that don't exist on the PS4 will not be able to use them on the PS4 until they come out on the PS4, because the data won't exist yet.

No longer the case. The developers have devised a script that will actually remove any unreleased/yet-to-be-released content from PC accounts migrating to the PS4.

so that means people will waving freeze rays in my face while i use my amphrex... Ahh ok :(

Nope. People with freeze rays who migrate over to PS4 will lose their freeze rays, unless they're migrating after the update for the PS4 which includes said freeze ray.

Assuming the PC build is ahead of the PS4 and the PC build has, say, 2~3 guns that have yet to be released on the PS4 version of the game, a user with as-of-yet unreleased weapons who is migrating to the PS4 will lose these weapons, as they are not in the PS4 version yet.

This fancy script allows PC players who are several builds ahead to migrate their account information to the PS4, in the process the script removes any unreleased content to make the account data backwards-compatible with the previous build version. The end result is account migrations even if the builds are not in sync.

So they can't bring excaliber prime?

Maybe, maybe not. Excalibur Prime exists in the data on the PS4, while yet-to-be-released weapons, frames and gear do not.

Whether Founders gear gets transferred over not is not known at this time. When it was talked about, the new migration script is there to account for version mismatch between the PC and PS4.

What I'd be curious to know is this:

I own both a pc and a ps4. I can't always play on my ps4 and sometimes I'd like to just grab my character from the ps4 and play it on the pc and back and forth.

Is this ever going to be a possibility?

There has been no mention of PS4->PC by DE that I've ever seen.

What I'd be curious to know is this:

I own both a pc and a ps4. I can't always play on my ps4 and sometimes I'd like to just grab my character from the ps4 and play it on the pc and back and forth.

Is this ever going to be a possibility?

I'm not a community moderator (obviously) but I know enough about coding games to know that if they are already working on 'migration', then most likely this idea has been thought of and scrapped.

Imagine how many people migrate, a lot of them will lose a lot of stuff, it's not even held in a void somewhere waiting until the update happens to give it all back.

Sony will most likely not allow a backwards migration, and being able to dynamically switch between PC and PS4 (while possible) requires that both systems are only EVER 1 minor update apart from each other, which takes more people and work.

Unless they planned this in advanced, or build their servers to be modular (which most developers don't bother with), it's not happening.

Never gonna happen, asked Rebecca already she said Sony won't allow it.

Her response was vague and a guess. Excaliber Prime is in the PS4 code and will be transferred over from PC accounts. Only the weapons and such that have yet to be released on PS4 will not.

Her response was vague and a guess. Excaliber Prime is in the PS4 code and will be transferred over from PC accounts. Only the weapons and such that have yet to be released on PS4 will not.

First off, my response was about ps4 to pc, she said plain and simple it will never happen because of Sony policies.

Second, read the post I made in the other topic.