Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Houngan

KairaSilvermist

Note: Before I begin, I want to specify this is in no way intended to be racist or offensive in any way, shape or form. Please do not get angry with me if something that comes up in this Concept is bordering on that, I am trying to stay away from stereotypes.

At the bottom of this post, should you be interested, I have left a miniature glossary, indicating specifically what some of these mean.

Houngan is based off the truth of what "Voodoo" is, not the tinted spectacles that pop culture gives us. Voodoo is nothing like it's portrayed. Rather than Tiki torches, human sacrifices, and zombie rituals, Voodoo is actually a practice that encourages the practitioners to better understand life and natures around them. The concept can be applied to a supportive frame such as this one here. As of now, I have no art assets, since I can draw stick figures at BEST. If someone would like to help design, feel free to add me on steam or note me on Deviantart.

Stats:

Houngan's base stats aren't going to be extremely high. We're going to prefer them to have lower than average shields, and slightly above average health and armor to compensate.

Starting Health: 125
Final Health: 300
Starting Shields: 75
Final Shields:225
Starting Energy: 125
Final Energy:200
Armor: 150
Sprint Speed: 1.0

Polarity Breakdown:

Aura Polarity: Tactical
Primary Polarity Slot: Defensive
Secondary Polarity Slot: Defensive

Ability Breakdown:

First Ability

Fang of Dahn-Gbwe

Description: Fires a toxic dart that causes damage over time

Cost: 25 energy

Cast Time: N/A

Use: A dart flies straight ahead, dealing 25/50/75/100 Puncture damage, and procs viral 25%/50%/75%/100% of the time. Damage is increased by power strength mods.

Second Ability

Fist of Ogu

Description: Causes a target area to buckle and quake, staggering and slowing some enemies, and temporarily reducing enemy accuracy.

Cost: 35 energy

Cast Time: 1 Second

Use: A simple targeted AoE that has a range of 5m/7m/9m/11m and lasts for 3/5/7/9 seconds, slows by 15%/17%/19%/21%, and reduces enemy accuracy by 17%/19%/21%/23% Duration, range, and power mods will all effect this ability.

Third Ability

Offering to Ghede

Description: Sacrifices a portion of the users health to restore health to nearby comrades.

Cost: 50 Energy

Cast Time: .5 seconds

Use: Upon using this ability, Houngan sacrifices 15%/20%/25%/30% of their current health to restore that much health to all of their teammates within 15m/20m/25m/30m range of Houngan. The range of this ability can be altered with range increasing mods, but the restored health cannot be effected by power-related mods.

Fourth Ability

Red Eye Blessing

Description: Temporarily corrupts Houngan's systems, changing how their abilities work.

Cost: 125 Energy

Cast Time: 3 seconds

Use: For 5/10/15/20 seconds after using this ability, the user's screen turns green, and sounds become distorted. The following effects are observed:

Melee weapon is drawn, and stamina does not decrease, Ranged weapons are put away for the duration.
Fang of Dahn-Gbe costs 1/2/3/4 energy, causes 100%/115%/130%/145% extra base and viral damage.
Fist of Ogu costs 15 Energy, takes no time to cast, and gets 3m/4m/5m/6m of extra range, and lasts for 2/3/4/5 seconds longer. Slow and Accuracy reduction unchanged.
Offering to Ghede costs 75 Energy, Casting Time is reduced to .25 seconds, and also siphons that much health from enemies in a 15m/20m/25m/30m range, restoring that to nearby party members as well.

All nearby party members, at 5m/10m/15m/20m range get 15% increased stamina regeneration, 20% increased sprint speed, and 15% more armor, as well as regenerating health equivalent to 5% of all damage they deal, at the cost of losing 3% of that gained life in shield reduction temporarily.

Duration Mods effect how long this lasts, and Range Mods increases the range of effected teammates.

Glossary for possibly reference:

Houngan: A fully initiated Voodoo Priest.

Dahn-Gbwe: The Great Serpent, and also the name of a type of mottled yellow and brown python venerated as a Divine Focus in Ardra

Ogu: Also Ogoun, a Warrior-Loa to the Rada, Mainly symbolizes earth, fire, and the aspects of smithing and metalworking, as well as war and the colour red.

Ghede: a benevolent Loa of deat that embodies healing, and protects his children, and also a bit of a jester.

Red Eye: Really it's Ge-Rogue, but I couldn't make this one clever, It's a phrase used to indicate when a horrific, and violent form of a Loa is called upon, such as Ghede Ge-Rogue.

If you would like to help DESIGN the frame itself in terms of images, let me know, either on Deviantart or on Steam. on Steam I go by "Kurodani Yamame" might be a bit tricky to find me, just look for steam level 12 :T. For Deviantart, it's mewfan151, that one should be simpler, just send me a Note and let me know, I'll leave the design MOSTLY up to you. Or, if you want, post design ideas right here in the thread. For design purposes, I would PREFER a Male warframe, though if it seems to fit, a Female frame would not immediately be rejected as a base for it. My artistic talent goes so far as to stick figures.

I would love to hear if someone has a better idea for a name as well, I love the idea of using Houngan as the frame's name, but I don't know in the long term.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Complaints? let me know what you all think!

I will admit, I wanted to keep it related to my theme, and I figured the names would be the worst part :T any suggestions for name changes at all?

1: Fang Shot (note that Saryn's first ability kind of works like this already)

2: Tremor

3: Sacrifice

4: Eyes of Madness? ... not really sure what to call this since I can't really make out what its full effect is.

1: Fang Shot (note that Saryn's first ability kind of works like this already)

2: Tremor

3: Sacrifice

4: Eyes of Madness? ... not really sure what to call this since I can't really make out what its full effect is.

I thought Saryn's only did Corrosive? I'll have to go back and recheck that. I do know this is a puncture dart, rather than an exploding spore though.

The ability name changes are sound, in that way, though it seems to be a bit odd how the powers are worked. as for Red Eye Blessing, could possibly change the name to something a bit different, though it's meant to change the effects of the other 3 abilities, and buff teammates nearby, this frame is stylized as mostly a support frame.

Edit: we already have a mod called Sacrifice, though it's currently unobtainable.

Edited by Mewfan

I thought Saryn's only did Corrosive? I'll have to go back and recheck that. I do know this is a puncture dart, rather than an exploding spore though.

The ability name changes are sound, in that way, though it seems to be a bit odd how the powers are worked. as for Red Eye Blessing, could possibly change the name to something a bit different, though it's meant to change the effects of the other 3 abilities, and buff teammates nearby, this frame is stylized as mostly a support frame.

word blessing is trinity's final power and true first ability is pretty much saryn's venom. saryn doesnt do corrosive well she does but she does all of the toxin elements (except for gas) her first move is viral, second move is toxin, third is toin and FOURTH IS CORROSIVE.

support's are mainly trinity, half of banshee and Loki

Trinity- regeneration

Banshee- Advantage

Loki- blind eye or distraction.

Edited by Hunter126

word blessing is trinity's final power and true first ability is pretty much saryn's venom. saryn doesnt do corrosive well she does but she does all of the toxin elements (except for gas) her first move is viral, second move is toxin, third is toin and FOURTH IS CORROSIVE.

support's are mainly trinity, half of banshee and Loki

Trinity- regeneration

Banshee- Advantage

Loki- blind eye or distraction.

My main thought process was to give a frame that is almost 100% Support :T

I didn't think about the other frames while I was coming up with this, I have never played as or with Banshee or Loki. Probably should have bleh.

And a note: last time I played as Saryn was LONG before Damage 2.0 came out. back then there wasn't any of that corrosive. I still have Saryn, but I never use her now. I didn't do any frame research before I started typing this up. I may end up taking it down.

i dont really feel bad about de names. tennos dna is more or less homo sapiens. so they inherited all the human bonds and bloodlines. why would they could not call spirits ?

actually, i could very easily imagine that tennos, as warrior gods, totally uncovered their inherited memories and instincts so ... i'm in. i would prefer a bit more of armour, power, and health, and nearly 0 shields though.

edit : perhaps at one point, we ll get a bit of lore on the reason why the tennos were created, and what happened between the first technocyte outbreak and the distant future we re in.

we could have proto-tennos, less ninja, more .... huh ... you know. warriors.

Edited by kimahn

i dont really feel bad about de names. tennos dna is more or less homo sapiens. so they inherited all the human bonds and bloodlines. why would they could not call spirits ?

actually, i could very easily imagine that tennos, as warrior gods, totally uncovered their inherited memories and instincts so ... i'm in. i would prefer a bit more of armour, power, and health, and nearly 0 shields though.

edit : perhaps at one point, we ll get a bit of lore on the reason why the tennos were created, and what happened between the first technocyte outbreak and the distant future we re in.

we could have proto-tennos, less ninja, more .... huh ... you know. warriors.

Excalibur's Codex entry already explained that the Tenno were created by the Orokin for battling the Sentients because evidently the Sentients can control machinery so high-tech weaponry used by the Orokin would be (and regularly was) turned against them. The Tenno, being living things with powers derived from the alien physics of the Void, circumvented this problem.