Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do Warframes Use Guns?

Seshrider3

NOTE: Yes I know that there are other weapons in Warframe like the Dread, paris, hikou, unequiped, Etc. but that doesn't mean warframes doesn't use guns. Yes people, I am actually legit curious about ninjas having guns. i will accept any answer but: "Because Ninjas with guns are awesome!" and If you are adding spoilers to lore or livestream, add spoiler warnings for other people. I am always too lazy for lores and watching livestreams. Seriously...don't be that person who always spoils. You still want to go with your date to movies right? Think about it.

So anyone realized that warframe ninjas use guns? supposevely, warframes are ninjas or im just guessing they are because of the advertisement "Ninjas Play Free" right? I mean ninjas can already sneak with stealth,Teleport, run on walls and ceilings, do crazy parkour faster than any other human and maybe animals, disappear, and even sometimes run or walk on water, and the list goes on and they seem to not need any "Guns".So why do these Ninjas have guns? Do the Grineer, Corpus, and Infested have some natural sense or technology dangerous to ninjas that causes ninjas to rely on guns? Is there other lore? How did the art of "Gun-and-Sword" start? Like in Ninja Assassin, Jackie Chan, or other ninja and martial are movies, guns are barley used by ninjas. By the way, just because its a movie, people will still know and think ninjas for not using guns anyway.

I will appreciate all the helpful responses I can get!

e2gGhDf.jpg

The reason they use guns is because of a few reasons, there are a few targets where you simply have to use range weaponry with, secondly, when your getting shot at from a thousand angles  while your cowering behind a box with no energy because of leeches and wounded because you didnt see that saw blade ricochete off the wall, a gun is a bit advantageous, also 2 guns and a sword is usefull for bieng able to adpat to any target. And finnaly the tenno and orokin love astetics, so why not have guns that look pleasing to the eye?

Edited by Incrodon

Warframe's Ninja-themed, not literally ninjas. As far as the "Ninjas play free" part, it's a good marketing line isn't it? It really is, since you're suppose to hype up the game at the same time it says what it has. Don't be too bothered with how the Warframes are using guns, lore-wise it's not that big of a deal, with one swipe of the Pink Shorts, it'll have a backstory. Personally from what I'm getting, Warframes may have had started as "martial artists" and turned into incorporating those guns as the need rose up.

The real question is why they use melee weapons at all, seeing as how a gun delivers far more energy without bringing you close to the enemy. We're not given an excuse like in, say, MGR, where cyborgs move too quickly and have too durable of armor to be shot; enemies are plenty weak to regular bullets.

In pretty much the entire history of warfare, there has never been a case where melee > ranged. Ranged weaponry has always proved superior.

I believe that Ninjas use everything they can for their advance.

Back in the old time, they used poison, shuriken, bow, crossbow, nail, claw, hidden doors etc. A little closer to present, they even used explosive, smoke bombs.

So at some far far future space war, using only sword, bow, knife...that's just dumb

The real question is why they use melee weapons at all, seeing as how a gun delivers far more energy without bringing you close to the enemy. We're not given an excuse like in, say, MGR, where cyborgs move too quickly and have too durable of armor to be shot; enemies are plenty weak to regular bullets.

In pretty much the entire history of warfare, there has never been a case where melee > ranged. Ranged weaponry has always proved superior.

I think the reason melle is used is that well, the corpus prod crewman are the equivalent of riot police, the Grineer Butchers and Scropions are cannon fodder, and we fight mostly in close combat so with the tenno its a simple case of 'we can wave a stick around and split you into two and you cant run away cause were in a tight space ship' with unision of 'there gonna shoot the crazy suit running at them with a stick rather than those three snipers', also Tenno love astetics so ya. 

Ninjas use everything to their advantage. 

essentially this. while i am by no means an expert, i have heard this countless times. ninja's are supposed to be easily adaptable and as such they should often adapt to new technology to suit their styles. now as for the reason why you haven't seen many examples of this outside of snake eye's

1) the theme revolves around how relying entirely on technology makes you weak/dependent, as such the ninja is brought to extreme classical weaponry to make a point.

2) the hero/ main ninja doesn't actually want to kill anybody so they are often left to their reflexes and improvisation with surrounding objects.

3) said classical weaponry is crucial to the fighting style preferred by said ninja (ex. sneak and dagger stab, etc.)

4) its easier to represent ninjas to a viewing audience when you make them look and act like the common (if somewhat inaccurate) perception of them.

Well, if you look at what "ninja" actually implies; Tenno do not fit that description at all.

Ninjas are saboteurs. They were the guys you hired to sneak into an enemy base and then start a fire to burn it down. As a matter of fact, ninjas were rather bad at assassinations (or any fighting in general). To my knowledge, there has not been one notable assassination.

Modern society has scrambled the image of the Ninja into something completely different, Naruto and many other animes are to blame for this.

Tenno are metaphorical Ninjas. They are what social media would consider ninja, rather than be historically accurate. In game, Tenno are never referred to as Ninjas.

Well, if you look at what "ninja" actually implies; Tenno do not fit that description at all.

Ninjas are saboteurs. They were the guys you hired to sneak into an enemy base and then start a fire to burn it down. As a matter of fact, ninjas were rather bad at assassinations (or any fighting in general). To my knowledge, there has not been one notable assassination.

Intelligence gathering. Ninjas are rather good at disguising themselves to obtain enemy information. 

Warframe's Ninja-themed, not literally ninjas. As far as the "Ninjas play free" part, it's a good marketing line isn't it? It really is, since you're suppose to hype up the game at the same time it says what it has. Don't be too bothered with how the Warframes are using guns, lore-wise it's not that big of a deal, with one swipe of the Pink Shorts, it'll have a backstory. Personally from what I'm getting, Warframes may have had started as "martial artists" and turned into incorporating those guns as the need rose up.

I was thinking the same but wasn't too sure lol.

I'd just like to add that playing fair is overrated in conflict. Seeking an advantage, aka cheating, is something that should be done if someone wants to win.I 

I posted that image because i thought it was funny. Don't take it seriously.