Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Is Off Limits For Players, But...

The Orokin had it coming.

You hear me, Stalker?

OT, I would rather have the current assassins be revamped and improved before they go adding in any new slapdash things, especially to Void.

Recent updates have added eximus spam and a Corrupted assassin to the Void where there were previously neither, and people still aren't content?

... what if there was an Excalibur Prime that would show up in certain Void and Derelict missions?

I'm talking about an AI Excalibur Prime that would randomly show up during the mission, somehow was stranded in the Void or Derelicts from a mission long ago, and would join you to help out and then hit Extraction with you to finally go home?

Or...

I'm talking about an AI Excalibur Prime that would randomly show up during the mission, somehow, and then try to kill you.  The whole group.  Think like The Stalker, but without being focused on the one mark, and with endurance on his side rather than some teleportation and special moves that are so beefed up they're essentially one-hit-kills.  I'm talking an Excalibur Prime that's actually corrupted and is still being operated by the Orokin Neural Sentry.  I'm talking about a lost Tenno that has had all he was and believed replaced with cold and gold.

Does that sound fun?  Does that sound acceptable to our hallowed Founders?  It's a way we can all get a taste of Excalibur Prime without playing him and still be excited about it.

all of my specters are excal prime, and slowly but surely i am building a specter regiment.

in time you will be killed by my swirls of white and gold.

all of my specters are excal prime, and slowly but surely i am building a specter regiment.

in time you will be killed by my swirls of white and gold.

I would be happy to donate my Lato Prime to this cause, purely for the reactions. It would be beautiful.

That annoyance is a two or three way street.

1) People are sick of hearing it.

2) People are sick of talking it.

3) People are sick of hearing about the first two kinds of people.

So, take it from a PS4 player that recognizes that Excalibur Prime is the poster boy for stuff we'll never have available to us - everything from those Founders program goodies to Steam sale skins and more - and believe me when I say I'm sick of talking for it, hearing about it, and wanting all that damned stuff.  

What you have to do is this: shrug it off and get over other people needing to get over it.  Don't post that you're annoyed with it.  Don't ridicule people who post about it.  Just shrug it off.  It's going to be a hot topic forever.

More than any of that, right now, this thread isn't about that.  This thread is about another thing, a different thing, and it doesn't need all of that Excalibur Prime Envy poison.  

Thank you.

ElaDoBx.jpg

I could see this working as a rescue type for the Orokin derelicts, but nothing more than that. Also, bring back the Codex entries for the Founders items. They had lore, they looked cool. Simply add a note saying that these were Founders exclusives and are no longer obtainable, along with the event exclusives. 

Additionally, we need to catch up on those event entries. Someone's been slacking on the Codex.....

Ever since the Cicero Crisis, I've been wondering where the other events were in the Codex, as they provided background story and a bit of lore. Strolling through the wiki, I've developed a list of events that aren't currently in the Codex: (remember, these are the events NOT in the Codex, thus not in the actual chronological order)

Chronological order: 

1. Fusion MOA

2. Artifact Defense

3. Informant

4. Hunt for Alad V (and the Zanuka Project)

5. Oxium Espionage

6. Tethra's Doom (Project Tethra/Return of the Fomorians)

7. Silence Vay Hek (follow up to Tethra's Doom)

8. Specters of Liberty (Red Veil)

Other events:

1. A Favor for Darvo (the Stalker)

2. Ties That Bind

3. Suspicious Shipments (prelude to Breeding Grounds)

4. Breeding Grounds

5. Captain Vor's Prize (coming soon?)

I could see this working as a rescue type for the Orokin derelicts, but nothing more than that. Also, bring back the Codex entries for the Founders items. They had lore, they looked cool. Simply add a note saying that these were Founders exclusives and are no longer obtainable, along with the event exclusives. 

Additionally, we need to catch up on those event entries. Someone's been slacking on the Codex.....

Ever since the Cicero Crisis, I've been wondering where the other events were in the Codex, as they provided background story and a bit of lore. Strolling through the wiki, I've developed a list of events that aren't currently in the Codex: (remember, these are the events NOT in the Codex, thus not in the actual chronological order)

Chronological order: 

1. Fusion MOA

2. Artifact Defense

3. Informant

4. Hunt for Alad V (and the Zanuka Project)

5. Oxium Espionage

6. Tethra's Doom (Project Tethra/Return of the Fomorians)

7. Silence Vay Hek (follow up to Tethra's Doom)

8. Specters of Liberty (Red Veil)

Other events:

1. A Favor for Darvo (the Stalker)

2. Ties That Bind

3. Suspicious Shipments (prelude to Breeding Grounds)

4. Breeding Grounds

5. Captain Vor's Prize (coming soon?)

To be fair, all of the ones listed here before the Hunt for Alad V weren't really events, and since the Oxium Espionage, they've started relying on the in-game-inbox. I do miss those dioramas, though.

Does that sound fun?  Does that sound acceptable to our hallowed Founders?  It's a way we can all get a taste of Excalibur Prime without playing him and still be excited about it.

Only if Founders can join a queue for void missions as him, and choose to help or to hinder you.

^^

That doesn't change the fact that he was there.  You HAVE read his codex haven't you?  I was pointing out that he's been around since the fall of the orokin.

Since before that, if I recall correctly, he was watching the slaughter from afar or something?

I'm not actually saying to put the Stalker in these environments, though, I was just using his mechanic as an example, except I propose it's not a situation like how the Stalker focuses on his mark while all his buddies clobber the Stalker with relative impunity.

I'm talking about Orokin Neural Sentry sending an Excalibur Prime after you to kick your &#!.  The Orokin Void needs an injection of excitement, and Excalibur Prime needs a way to not be totally obsolete.  Toss this dude into the match randomly to harass Tenno that separate themselves from the group, picking off lone wolves and stragglers first.  Maybe he drops some cash and prizes, I dunno, but he definitely kicks your &#!.

Maybe all the Primed Warframes could be up for the treatment, but let's start it with Excalibur Prime.

I think you're definitely on to something here.  A healthy dash of challenge would make the Void much more exciting.  As it stands, there's very little sense of spectacle to the Void; it's really no different from other mission types, save for a vastly brighter palette.  I've often thought that going to the Void should feel fundamentally different to, say, fighting Grineer on Saturn, and throwing in a super-powerful anti-Tenno hunter with no warning and little hope would go a long way toward that end.

However, you claimed the other guy said he did, but he never did so.

"Well now you're just arguing semetics" /goku

On topic of nicely done, if not insane concepts, hell have an obtainable item that one can use to summon an Excalibur Prime that Slash Dashes all around the area taking out all enemies. A true screen-clearer. :P

That annoyance is a two or three way street.

1) People are sick of hearing it.

2) People are sick of talking it.

3) People are sick of hearing about the first two kinds of people.

So, take it from a PS4 player that recognizes that Excalibur Prime is the poster boy for stuff we'll never have available to us - everything from those Founders program goodies to Steam sale skins and more - and believe me when I say I'm sick of talking for it, hearing about it, and wanting all that damned stuff.  

What you have to do is this: shrug it off and get over other people needing to get over it.  Don't post that you're annoyed with it.  Don't ridicule people who post about it.  Just shrug it off.  It's going to be a hot topic forever.

More than any of that, right now, this thread isn't about that.  This thread is about another thing, a different thing, and it doesn't need all of that Excalibur Prime Envy poison.  

Thank you.

I don't even like Excalibur or the prime but it seems like a good idea to change the void missions up. And if it has cinematic cut scene with it as well it can help with the lore instead of it being all about grind. Also this thread doesn't have envy posion to me and I play on PC. Your just saying that cause you play on console and you'll never have excalibro prime       :3   

Only if Founders can join a queue for void missions as him, and choose to help or to hinder you.

I had an thread about this for stalker a while back. This seems to fit nice if the players want it. 

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium