Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...what Do I Do Now?

FATEdPondera

Question

Hey everyone. I've been playing this game for a few weeks now, and am hopelessly addicted, but I'm having myself a problem. See, some of the time....well, alot of the time, really, I feel extremely underpowered compared to some of my team mates. I just ran into a Nekros who can Desecrate 250+ times in 10 minutes whereas my Nekros can only do it once or twice before running out of energy. This other Nekros has maxed out power efficiency and power range. My power efficiency is only at +20%, and I've never even seen a range power up drop.

So, my question is... .what the heck do I do about this now? I've found my way to Xini (though Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, and Ceres are a bit harder to clear due to the lack of groups) and can obtain neurodes and morphics without too much trouble. I've got 2 warframes under construction, along with a Sybaris, but I'm not really sure where to go next. I understand the importantance of mods, but all of my mine are at a level where it takes an enormous number of duplicates to even advance a few more pixels, not to mention fusion cores.

Is there something I am doing wrong here compared to everyone else? I'm doing....mediocrely, but I just hate feeling outgunned, like a burden on the team. So how about it, internet? Whatcha got for me?

7 answers to this question

Is there something I am doing wrong here compared to everyone else? I'm doing....mediocrely, but I just hate feeling outgunned, like a burden on the team. So how about it, internet? Whatcha got for me?

I'm sorry to say but that's pretty much how we all started. We just put enormous amounts of time and 100s of millions of credits into leveling them.

For example, I've been playing since closed beta and I only finished maxing Serration, Redirection and Steel Fiber a month or so ago. I'm not even close with my corrupted mods (which is probably how mr. Desecrate was doing it).

Edited by ValhaHazred

Not sure what you're looking for. Are you looking for specific information about making your Nekros more Nekrotastic? Advice on what weapons you can easily get that will increase your firepower? As far as having maxed-out mods for everything, it's just a general fact of this game like most games with progression systems that it will take time and effort, and you can't really compare yourself to people who have been here for months.

-snip-

I understand the importantance of mods, but all of my mine are at a level where it takes an enormous number of duplicates to even advance a few more pixels, not to mention fusion cores.

-snip-

Yeah, it's all about the mods, man. Try to ease into the game; I remember being there, rushing headfirst into all of it and feeling like I lagged behind. It's alright, you're not going to be right up there with the big leagues right away (and trust me, you want to ease into it).

You don't have to level up everything to max to get utility out of your mods. Trading is also your friend for some of the mods you haven't run into yet. Otherwise, look up where they drop and farm the crap out of the best place to find what you're looking for- get some exp, fusion cores, creds, and maybe some stuff to sell/trade.

This kind of issue will hopefully be patched up in U14 with the new player experience/quest system, honestly.

It takes a few weeks to get cookin. Once you have some of the key mods going and get some juice under ya, you will be making 5 and 6 weapons at a time in the Foundry. 

For leveling mods, I personally went with frame ones first. All powers max'd first. Vitality and Redirection to about 5 or 6 (that is where is slows down huge as i remember), and the +30% "generic" mods (Intensity, Streamline, etc). Once these are cooking you can use the generic mods on all the frames to see what you like.

From there, take a look at the Corrupted mods that apply to what you liked from the generic. When you start getting into Corrupted builds, the generic become kind of a way to help make up for the bad side of the Corrupt. For example, Blind Fury (+%dmg, -%efficiency) + Streamline (+% efficiency) + Fleeting Expertise (+%Efficeincy, -%duration) + Continuity, as an example. 

Once I had the majority of the Warframe mods upgraded, I moved to (in this case) shotgun mods. But this could be any as I (used to) love shotties. 

I used duplicates to get me through the easy leveling of the mods, ones that max at 3 count, those type. I save(d) my cores for the pushes on those mods that max more than 5 or so. 

Dont waste a stack of duplicate "bar" mods on a "V" mod when getting higher up. Just not worth it in my opinion. Once you get to this part and your usable mods are near max'd or where they slow down huge, pick a mod and focus on it (Serration, Vitality, Redirection, Point Blank, etc), finish it and move on. 

This is personally how i did it (and i am still not maxed on some of the major ones). Takes time. 

Personally I only started maxing out most essential mods by mastery 12. All the rank 10 ones are huge credit sinks and takes a lot of time to accumulate enough mods/cores and credits to get over that power spike you feel compared to others. Just be patient and keep going at it, eventually you will hit the same power wall as you see those other people at.