Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts About Vor

Vargras

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I'm late with this, but I've been stuck at work almost immediately following the devstream, so I was unable to post about it.

Following the end of the devstream, there was a short video showing Vor reporting to the Queens. Based upon what was said in this video, as well as information that currently exists within the game, we can come to a few conclusions:

-Vor was possibly demoted. I say possibly because I've only seen the video once, but the Queens mentioned an admiral of some sort, and then sounded almost mocking when calling him "Captain Vor". Following this, it's possible that Vor was demoted by the Queens from Admiral to Captain due to his failure to stop the player in the tutorial (and failure to bring back a warframe).

-The game has an actual timeline of sorts. While there are no actual dates listed with anything, we can put together a very rough timeline now. Chronologically, the events of Warframe begin with the player awakening, going through the tutorial and escaping from Vor, and then inevitably beating him at the end of Mercury (which will also reward the players with their ships). Following this, the player then makes their way to the outer bounds of the Solar System, more or less culminating with Void missions (where they then run into the resurrected Vor).

Of course, all of this is just conjecture, but I thought I was sorta clever.

I am pretty sure this was before they found the Excalibur on Pluto, because Vor is not cut in half, and he is missing his trademark void key.  I am pretty sure Vor was demoted to captain, because the Queens refer to him as admiral near the beginning of the conversation, but mocked him with the title of captain near the end of the conversation.  Lastly the queens said someone named Boril was taking over his operation (possibly the poor guy that Vor nervos'd during "The Call" trailer).  But this is completely conjecture and could be 180 degrees in the wrong direction.

Wut about a clone?

Void Vor dont interfere with the existance of regular Vor clone

Void vor became idependant entity regarding the other Vor clones

thoose are Grineers dont forget guys  they are expandable

Edited by Tsoe

Vor was indeed demoted, as the Queens mentioned him by the title of Admiral, and as you said called him Captain Vor at the end. 

And my thoughts on the timeline: 

The Call 

Mercury

Phobos

Void/Corruption. 

I put Phobos between the Mercury and Void encounters because in the Xbox One trailer he was shown walking through some Grineer troops who bowed to him, showing he still holds a position of authority in the Grineer empire, and I doubt that he'd be acting like a crazy Prophet in the Void if that was the case by the time of his corruption.

Wut about a clone?

But how do you explain the Orokin enhancements? I doubt that they'd take the time to find the components and stuff needed for each clone.

But, Vor says ''I've got a life dead'', so it's actually after Orokin Void stuff (T4) when this happens.

Actually, he says "I've got a life debt" and he was originally an Admiral from the sounds of it.  The queens emphasized that he's now a Captain as they're closing their conversation.  And boy, does Vor look pissed.

Wut about a clone?

i dont think grineers with experience are expandable :P

we don't know if they can be cloned ready for combat or if they need trainning

I am pretty sure this was before they found the Excalibur on Pluto, because Vor is not cut in half, and he is missing his trademark void key.  I am pretty sure Vor was demoted to captain, because the Queens refer to him as admiral near the beginning of the conversation, but mocked him with the title of captain near the end of the conversation.  Lastly the queens said someone named Boril was taking over his operation (possibly the poor guy that Vor nervos'd during "The Call" trailer).  But this is completely conjecture and could be 180 degrees in the wrong direction.

This is exactly what I was thinking, especially since the guy he killed said it was his prize, and well the quest coming is called Vor's prize, so I think that the video at the end of the stream was right before the call.