Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would Happen If Profile Icons Became Tradable?

Vzaeyth

Would it be a bad idea if profile icons (possibly excluding founder icons, hypothetically speaking) became tradable? I know for sure that there are people out there that want the "old" Rhino Prime profile icon quite terribly and would pay large quantities of platinum given the opportunity to obtain it and that there are people who have bought Prime Access goods more than once and have more than one icon. Why (if it is), would it be a bad idea to let people that buy Prime Access packs just for the gear/Prime Access users with no longer wanted icons to sell their icons to people who only want the icons? Other games have had similar things exist perfectly fine, little discontinued possessions that are held for nothing other than their aesthetic appeal.

Personally, I feel it wouldn't really be bad if they did this as it would give Prime Access users who have only bought one bundle to trade icons with others that have done the same. It would let non-Prime Access players to still not be entirely excluded from the opportunity to own a Prime Access icon and it could possibly be a goal that non-paying players could strive towards in the long-term (gotta save up that plat for a 2k plat icon, right?).

Edit: Would you like it if they became tradable?

Edited by Vzaeyth

Founder icons belong to the people that have been with the game for quite some time whereas prime access came much later. It is a sign that you have been playing the game longer than everybody else.

It is for the same reason that Excalibur Prime is no longer available and every prime access pack includes permanently available warframes.

Edited by Vzaeyth

Tradeable profile pics would make the game p2w /somewarframeplayersmindset

But really, eh, not a bad idea, but isn't a "wow, that is brilliant" idea either.

Still, (  '.')b

P2W? Uh.. no... 

I don't see a real reason against it, except people buy them from the store, so it'd be odd to sell them. 

Unless you specifically mean Prime Access, which I don't have too much of an issue with, except the Profile pic is sort of like a symbol identifying those who supported the game and bought it.