Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Please Remove Prosecutors?

yarash2110

Having to use all your weapons and sentinel or powers as a set to fight off the enemies is most definitely changing the way people play and making the game not fun

Trolling I guess? I'm not typing it again for you.

he is taking damage, not to shields but to health, gonna keep on trolling or will you open your eyes and admit you were wrong?

Fun fact: Grineer take damage from certain elements and damage types. Use those to your advantage. The damage multipliers help you greatly if you know how to mod them. The only thing I see useless about making certain loadouts to fit certain situations is that it doesn't work cross-faction, which shouldn't be a problem because there isn't a cross-faction battle (1v1v1). Instead of whining, why not better make your loadout fit those situations.

he is taking damage, not to shields but to health, gonna keep on trolling or will you open your eyes and admit you were wrong?

That doesn't work on every time he freezes himself. You can see that in the same vid you posted. The vid is older than dirt and they obviously just got an early hit when he was changing phases and hadn't started animating setting himself on fire.

Edited by VKhaun

Fun fact: Grineer take damage from certain elements and damage types. Use those to your advantage. The damage multipliers help you greatly if you know how to mod them. The only thing I see useless about making certain loadouts to fit certain situations is that it doesn't work cross-faction, which shouldn't be a problem because there isn't a cross-faction battle (1v1v1). Instead of whining, why not better make your loadout fit those situations.

because you keep saying the same useless argument of "you need to adapt" without explaining because you know it means nothing and you just hope i'l think of an argument myself, you can't find an argument why to keep them, i find plenty of why to remove them, so now you just tell me to stop whining because you don't want to admit that you were wrong

That vid is older than dirt, and it was just an early hit when he was changing phases right before he went on fire. That doesn't work on every time he freezes himself. You can see that in the same vid you posted.

older then dirt? its just the old map. damage 2.0 and kril didn't get any changes since then, and also look at the damage that was done to him before the fire phase, and look at how much damage the paris does, thats not one shot

People play this area all day and have no problems, you realize that right? You have to rule out grouping, builds that work fine on Ceres, and half the warframes to even pretend you have the start of argument that this is "impossible". All the base elements are good vs regular Grineer anyway, except electric and nothing says you can't do a trio like Rad+Cold or Corrosive+Heat.

Now you just posted a vid of a guy specifically NOT shooting him during the freeze phases, and you want me to have an argument where you say it makes you right that you can damage him in phase 1 because he got one early hit? That's just delusional.

I don't see how taking a set of armaments with 1 element each is such a bad thing for you. If me and my usual play group can tear through most grineer using physical only builds, then swapping one card out for an element isn't going to hurt us. Hell, my sentinel uses a physical/incendiary shotgun, and obliterates almost anything to come within a few feet.

Then of course there are the various elemental damage frames,, which can supplement one of those elements out of your weapons (such as taking frost, and not having an ice gun)

The only time prosecutors are an issue for me is when no-one, out of four people, with 3 weapons & a sentinel each, has that one element. Which essentially makes it our fault for not preparing ourselves.

That being said, I do believe they could add in some way to fight them without having that special element. Something that still gets damage through, although it'd be a longer, harder fight, similar to how slash used to get through.

Am i the only one who can kill them with the wrong element?

No, it just takes longer and burns through more ammo.

Personally, I think the Prosecutors aren't the problem as much as their freaking aura is.

Makes the entire enemy mob army broken if you can't take him out fast enough.

Just take off the damage resistance aura to everyone and I'd call it ok.

What is there to explain?
Allow me to elaborate.

What makes one deal so much damage that they themselves are overpowered? They obtain certain mods that greatly benefit loadouts. Let's start off with Serration just as an example. This mod will allow over all damage to be bumped up by greater and greater amounts.

Now, let's touch up on a weapon, just as an example. Boltor Prime for instance. Its puncture damage is its greatest asset, making it perfect against grineer to begin with, correct? Pair this with more puncture damage to further this stat from its base, give it more damage in terms of non-elemental damage. Good so far, no? Now, to make this weapon better. You have two mods, Serration and Piercing Hit, assume these are maxed and everything has a polarity that benefits mods within this weapon, allowing you free reign of what you use.
What are Grineer weak against in terms of elements? Most grineer are heavily armoured, so where should one start for damage? Ferrite armour is the foundation of resistance that the Grineer have that prove to be a problem. Bring toxin. What can we do to make this better? Toxin has a +25% effectivity against ferrite armour. Adding electricity will make this corrosive, which has a 75% effectivity against heavy targets.
Well! That's damage! Now for procs! You want status chance mods. We're at five for eight now, are we not? You can bump this down to four if you have the dual stat mods. We're off to a good start. We know their weaknesses, now can we better make any other changes, such as multishot for better effectivity? Yes. Finish off the loadout.

Oh? You're going against Prosecutors, let's fix this. They are weak against other elements, no? At least so much as to say that they have higher resistances against certain elements. They're still grineer, and are therefore weak against puncture regardless. Albeit they have added resistance and armour alone, they are still weak, ergo puncture is always wonderful to have.
You say that certain weapons with certain elements are useless. While this may be true, it's a necessary evil. Add damage mods plus an element that could possibly be used against you that will be good for the situation. Adapting to certain issues, id est  knowing that your enemy has a resistance and a weakness, can prove to be beneficial if you can mod correctly and properly, if you know what enemies await you.

TL;DR:
It's a necessity that you have to do things you don't want to do to do it right. Certain situations call for certain measures and certain edits to your loadout and the like. Complaining about not wanting to adapt makes you seem foolish. Just because your teacher gives you homework doesn't mean you can't do it, m'kay? Study the mechanics and find ways around them.

they are running ceres! now i don't care if i can get all elements on my weapons, it makes my weapons god damn useless on anything but one type of enemy, and also, who came up with the horrible idea to make their aura cover bosses too? i just did a run of the ceres boss and i couldn't damage him because of some prosecutor that i couldn't kill, they are really ridiculous and OP as hell, with their aura that turns all enemies around them to invincible, and no i will not take other elements, what if people want to level a weapon so they only take 2 weapons like i did? well f those people, they can play on other planets, 

just please, remove them or change those mechanics

OMG -_- take weapons with diffrent elements........ Example: pistol fire, rifle poison, melee cold

simple setup thats not useless in anyway on ceres and its how i work. dethcube+sweeper(fire), any sidearm(ice, kunai does wonders for me), dual kama(electric), and just about any rifle(toxic). this lets you use any warframe ya want. its not useless and i can handle any node on ceres with ease. the damage loss isnt all that great or important.

Play Ember/Ember Prime and use her debuff, or use a crit weapon. The debuff makes them all weak to fire. Critical hits seem to get some % of their damage going through resists. Not sure how that works, but it definitely does. I bring Soma with cold for the slow proc and just tear them up regardless of what element they are.

I just tested that one. Didn't work.

Ember with accelerant, plus Gram with only fire mods resulted in no damage after 2 minutes of bashing on him. Not a single bit of damage. Even after what felt like 20 critical hits. While two Bombards who were immortal, were hammering on my team from the sideline. Because nobody took a toxic mod with them (most likely everyone just had corrosive or radiation).

It looks incredible silly watching 4 warframes who can normaly tear through any opponent with ease, hammering for minutes on an enemy who does not take a single bit of damage, who also barely deals any damage in return. Just because we all had the misfortune to decide using elemental mods on our melee weapons which fit the overall category of enemies, rather than one specific enemy who has a random chance to appear.

It's like trying to bring down a tree with a spoon. They should bring the minimum damage back, so you can at least wither them down with needle pokes if we didn't spend organazing every single time we want to play on Ceres..

Hmm, one thing i wonder though. How the hell do their auras work lorewise? Those auras are incredible potetent. If they had an army of these guys armed with Napalm launchers they would dominate the solar system with ease. That tech seems to be far beyond orokin standard.

Edited by Othergrunty

they are fine, just learn to adapt

How If you don't have a means to fight them? Sucsess of the mission shouldn't be predefined by mods loadout.

That's like saying that Torment 6 in Diablo 3 (or any Torment difficulty for that matter) should be removed because you're a low Paragon Level if at all  and you die in one shot while others can survive it and thrive very well at it.

I haven't played Diablo 3 but I'm pretty sure players are not obligated to play on this difficulty level. In Warframe you can't avoid meeting prosecutors on Ceres.

DE really should add a way to teporary disable their OP shield. Like weakspot on their back (Kind of like Krill has. Shot the tube and kill him before he self repairs). Or enviromental hazards you can use to take advantage on them. You know, some more skill-demanding way to kill them.

or just remove the elemental varieties and ramp up their health pool. its' the "i'm immune to everything but (insert element) and you can't do anything about it!" that makes them utter bs to deal with.

that compromise enables us to get the nav beacons for Hek, and still keeps the prosecutors at what would be a challenging level.

no?

how about something should be removed because it makes it IMPOSSIBLE and not difficult? how about removing something because if you DO prepare for it you will be 99% less usefull on all enemies just because you are forced to use a S#&$ty loadout? how about removing them because they are unfair and impossible to beat unless you decide to do nothing but kill them and no other enemies on the map? and how about just changing their mechanics so they won't be invincible? 

Heavily exaggerated, so you spread element on all 4 of your weapons (including Sentinel) on CERES it makes the Grineer enemies take 2 or 3 shots to kill instead of 1 (or 25% more of a mag for an automatic), boo hoo.

Heavily exaggerated, so you spread element on all 4 of your weapons (including Sentinel) on CERES it makes the Grineer enemies take 2 or 3 shots to kill instead of 1 (or 25% more of a mag for an automatic), boo hoo.

what, so you think that when i say endgame i mean the exterminate and capture missions or whatever? http://natandgav.moonfruit.com/communities/2/004/012/424/322/images/4609129583.png

what, so you think that when i say endgame i mean the exterminate and capture missions or whatever? http://natandgav.moonfruit.com/communities/2/004/012/424/322/images/4609129583.png

Your topic specifically mentions the Prosecutors, who aren't at what's considered endgame. If DE decides to make Corrupted Prosecutors, then I'd agree with you because then it'd be too spread out with resistances to certain damage types.

http://youtu.be/Zopk5af9_yg?t=9s

Edited by TenshuYuusha

Your topic specifically mentions the Prosecutors, who aren't at what's considered endgame. If DE decides to make Corrupted Prosecutors, then I'd agree with you because then it'd be too spread out with resistances to certain damage types.

Nice try.

ummm they are not endgame? you know it doesn't work that way right? 

i'm talking about higher levels of defense survival and interception where you need every single bit of damage after some point, so when it takes you 3 shots on the first levels, it will be a big problem very soon. 

and also, nice try.

ummm they are not endgame? you know it doesn't work that way right? 

i'm talking about higher levels of defense survival and interception where you need every single bit of damage after some point, so when it takes you 3 shots on the first levels, it will be a big problem very soon. 

and also, nice try.

At higher levels of defense and survival and interception, you should prioritize the Prosecutor anyway when they appear, it's not impossible to do, they're not the Eximus, you're at least told they're coming in the heat of battle. It could be a way to encourage teamplay, but solo is possible as well. (and by your logic, an hour in Apollodorus = endgame, yeahno)

The most that could be done for them is have combination elements do less damage to them if they're resisting an element that involves it (example Corrosive still does some damage even though they're currently resisting Electric attacks) and at some intervals they switch their resistance. I still think you're just crying sour grapes, but there's my own input, they don't need to be removed though.

Edited by TenshuYuusha

At higher levels of defense and survival and interception, you should prioritize the Prosecutor anyway when they appear, it's not impossible to do, they're not the Eximus, you're at least told they're coming in the heat of battle. It could be a way to encourage teamplay, but solo is possible as well.

just correct me if im wrong, but i don't remember myself saying that they surprised me too much when they appeared, neither did i say that i don't notice them coming or that they kill me fast? yeah i dont think so, so you didn't really answer 

just correct me if im wrong, but i don't remember myself saying that they surprised me too much when they appeared, neither did i say that i don't notice them coming or that they kill me fast? yeah i dont think so, so you didn't really answer 

I never said you did, it was to clarify it's not impossible to beat them for any other external reason. :P

And answer what, you made a rhetorical question, I edited my post however.