Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Need Some Help

Sike1990

Question

Hello guys. So i am building rhino now. I got karak and and simply LOVE LOVE that gun. My questions are next

a) I LOVE karak as i said, I found some web builder and with some formas, and elemental build, can be good, have reload time of 1,5 sec, and 45 bullets in clip... How expensive is to forma weapon

b) I love to play aggresive, and rhino is great choice for me. I plan to supercharge him or how that is said. Also as karak above

I know that everybody are saying soma is better then karak, but i simply love feel of karak, can it be viable with elemental build  ( poison, fire, ice, electricity ) ?

23 answers to this question

Yes, the karak is a perfectly viable weapon,

Formae, reactors and catalysts can be built from blueprints found in alerts or invasions for 35000 credits, and four rare resources.

Formae and forma blueprints can also be given as a reward for void missions

Alternatively you can buy any of those three items for 20 plat

That is essentially mine with 4 forma on it

Mine is a 0 forma build and does the job

(basically, can't argue with what you have, looks pretty solid)

Edit: Drop the magazine mod and put on something more useful like split chamber as stated above. Doubles your damage output

Edited by cam-o-flage20

Eventually, mods and formas forgiving, you want to have:

Serration

Split Chamber

Shred

Heavy Caliber

Prioritised in that order.

The other 4 (formas forgiving) you want to go with 2-3 elementals and some utility mods to your taste. I highly recommend Wildfire, and if the dps is too low, you can try Speed Trigger at the risk of ammo trouble.

Your formaing in your build is slightly unoptimized, I can see Two extra mod points being saved, which would reduce the forma cost by one.

Think about replacing fast hands with Shred. Shred is low cost, so it'll be easy to exchange. The Karak isn't a max damage weapon, it's average, and so a Shred compliments it very well.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

well i thought it is good idea to decrease reload time for karak, given that it have lower number of bullets in clip...

I just said think it about, you don't have to, for sure. Shred just allows you to mow down crowds, Fast hands lets you get back to the killing easier. It's your choice. I rarely use shred on my weapons, as I like single target damage. 

When you get used to Shred, it makes a huge difference. Prioritising targets which are in a line, and laughing in the face of those confused Shield Lancers... ah.. aha... ahahahaha...

I really hate those guys.

I would drop Wildfire or Hellfire, if I were you. Having two fire mods only makes sense if the weapon has an element as it's base damage type.

Shred does a lot to boost your damage. Even if you're only hitting one enemy, the 30% increase in fire rate will drop a mob faster than the stacked fire damage you have now.

Fast hands has arguments for and against it, but it all comes down to a matter of preference. Remove it, try a couple missions, then make a decision.

When I was starting the game, I always took any weapon I really liked into mercury survival, to see how long I could run, and what level enemies made the weapons begin to feel weak.

If this is a build for Corpus you should get rid of all the fire mods anyways, replace with the other toxin and bane mod. Gas only goes good damage against Corpus when it procs, and Karak does not have a great proc rate. Pure toxin damage IGNORES SHIELDS which is huge against Corpus. Installing 150% means that crewmen and anti moas will die before shields break, decreasing kill time against them drastically.

Using Shred increases the burst dps by 30% as well as allowing punch through into crowds, but using it instead of fast hands only increases the sustained (which factors in reload time to dps calculations) by like 3%, so they're very similar. I would contend that they're about equal in dps over time, but shred also gives you the potential to hit multiple targets.

The 4 forma build I would use against Corpus is http://goo.gl/qQeVxZ

If you find yourself not using the punch through on Shred you can swap it out for Heavy Caliber somewhere down the road, when you get it leveled, which would be a huge dps increase (something like +62%).

Edited by Darzk