Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Splitting It All

Llyssa

Something I was thinking about last stream: It was mentioned that every time the .exe is updated, the cert process is required for PS4 players.

An alternative option, it would seem, would be to minimize the .exe, and have it use a series of queries. This could possibly cause a bit of latency as it would be counter-streamlining for gameplay, but as things would be outside the executable, updating most things would therefore not require hitting cert again. I'm sure there's obviously limitations they'd impose on this, but it seems like a way you could get less work for both you and them when you're doing minor-league stuff like adding weapons and cosmetics. I mean, they don't really need to cert every syandana, do they?

That way, PS4 players could enjoy regular perks of updates, without having to wait for the behemoths to push through.

This would have some cases of "it won't work because", but for the majority of cases, I think it might be a quality of life improvement for the PS4 players.

(PC player; Speculating)

It would potentially work to have the major updates to the .exe, say every .0 and .5, while having the intermediaries as smaller data packets. Most weapons follow set formulae, and implementing should be easy. Frames are more problematic, but they are usually introduced on the .0 and .5.

A series of queries? I really don't want to go back to lag fiesta... ._.

Dude, the CPU queries millions of times per second. We're not talking "lag fiesta".

(PC player; Speculating)

It would potentially work to have the major updates to the .exe, say every .0 and .5, while having the intermediaries as smaller data packets. Most weapons follow set formulae, and implementing should be easy. Frames are more problematic, but they are usually introduced on the .0 and .5.

Yeah, what I had in mind. The 0 and 5 thing is basically the current system, but it would be nice if they could just toss the little minor stuff in while waiting on the major changes.