Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Would You Buy More From The Market If The Prices Were More Reasonable?

D3ST

I wouldn't care if they UPPED to prices on stuff like syndana & cosmetics because I kind of believe they deserve more money then they are pulling in (I was kind of excited the dino syndana set was 200p instead of the usual cosmetic packs costing around 100).  As for weapons & such I don't feel like it's unreasonable, I just wouldn't buy them because I like to earn my stuff instead of just buying it. However I'm sure they have earned a lot of money from it in the past.

My point is exactly, that they would earn MORE, if they lowered theier prices. but as someone else stated, they must feel they earn enough..

I too farm for new frames and weapons, and only buy cosmetics, and the odd potato/forma, if i dont have any when needet.

You know, I'd be inclined by armor if it was designed for the frame. If it made them look more aesthetically pleasing..that's also subjective...very. 

The stuff now, kinda just looks clunky. And, hell..make more skins. Skins are easy to make. Frames, no so much, but it'd be neat if there were more variations of patterns on warframes, would personalize them a lot more, and since there are more than one ember, or volt..why would you look the same per say. I mean, yeah some people don't wanna see a cheeta print ogris.. but im sure a lot of people would buy it.

Example: Nekros, how many people do you see with the nekros dreds? A lot right..I hate the cosmetics in this game, and I bought it.

honestly, i have no issue with items getting lower price over time, pay full price to get it first, or wait untill the price drop (5$ for color pallet is a bit steep)

Yeah, that's the other thing, the prices should more like retail. High up front, to cover overhead..then adjusted to get longtail income. That stalker bundle is still 800p.

I'd feel bad if someone bought it now because his hate drop rate has become horrible.

So? I've bought bundles before and 2 days later darvo put on sale. And under a timed obsolencance or just retuning old prices. It happens. Much older equipment and frames much like any product should eventually be lowered, specially when its arguably lower in quallity than the current generation of art and design.

But yeah, they can do whatever they like. But there is little incentive for newer players to purchase older equipment, but if DE is fine with that *shrug*.

There's a difference in making a "Sale" and lowering the prices permanetly. And with new players comming up do you think those equipment will actually get "old"? You make it sound like this:

Equipment gets old in the eyes of a veteran player and we paid.... say: 175p for a weapon, now that its in the market for a while its now 75p for EVERYONE because there's more powerfull/fun weapons than those that came first? I dont see any game market doing that.

And I see those that bought it at the original price getting mad.

Your idea has merit in Real Life, I do that, I wait for the thing I want to go lower in prices before I buy it, but I get the risk of newer and more advanced things appearing the more I wait and I end up wanting those instead. But In-Game? I dont see that logic working.

I think a lot of people might forget that Plat spent =/= Money earned. I'm sure everyone talking this has bought plat in some way shape or form, either with a coupon, either they traded for it, either that dropped money on the steam packs, hell maybe they bought it full price. Think about this. DE does not need you to spend your plat. They just need people to keep buying. Now think with trading, and all the things you dump plat on already where does the majority of that plat go? They're are a limited number of cosmetics. A handful of scarves, a handful of skins, and a handful of color packs.

These gets a new addition maybe, every few updates/events/reinforcements week, that's another 70~ plat spent by everyone whose a collector assuming they have it at the time. If they don't, either they buy more, or trade for more. Trading, doesn't lose DE anything, trading is getting plat someone else payed for dumped into your pocket. Plat moves with the market, which moves on the two things you can't buy, Mods and Primes. Say everyone in this thread through various means has ended up with a total plat count used and unused that comes out to 2-4 thousand dollars worth. Some bought, some used coupons, some traded, so on.

The end result is all the 2-3-4000 something dollars spent collectively on that plat, whatever share gets to DE is DE's, it doesn't matter that you horde plat and play the market to get all the best mods and primes and then sell them back on a profit, it doesn't matter that you bought that neural sensor because you were tired of farming, doesn't matter you got the coolest frame on the block because you have every color palette. With the exception of plat prize giveaways, and the starting 50 everyone gets, and the probably irrelevantly small number of people who have gotten plat out of the login rewards, every unit of plat in game gave money to DE spent or unspent.

My second point here

Think about this, how many of those weapons from a new players perspective, can actually be obtained from the beginning? I've gotten a lot of friends into this game and a lot of them consistently complained for weeks on end, they couldn't get that gun they wanted, not because of a lack of resources, not because it's clantech, because it's XP locked. Unless I'm wrong since this area has always been a bit grey to me, buying weapons with plat, overrides that, which is an incentive for plat spent on weapons. The good weapons (usually).

Buying a Skana though? You start with a Skana. Skana prices are high? Why because DE doesn't want players to sit on old weapons. Excalibur is the most commonly picked starting frame, recommended for beginners, all around good, early mid late game potential if you actually learn different playstyles beyond the slashdash gg strategy. Most people who don't buy plat? Sells it to progress with new frames and more content because they don't have enough frame slots. You want it back? You. get. it. on. Pluto.

The last planet, the last place you go before the unexplored territory is Void and derelicts. DE from what I've seen doesn't want people to pay to win they're game. They want people grindwall or not to play to win, to go through the game, explore the levels, work for what they want.

Weapons cost more than cosmetics because weapons win games. They have plenty of incentive for people to buy weapons already. Reinforcements week? oh it's clantech, better buy it before the hype is gone. New player, enjoys the game, wants to spend money on it? Oh hey that katana looks pretty cool but it's XP locked and I've never heard of an Argon crystal, better buy it. A veteran player now and has stockpiled some plat and finally doesn't need to sell old equipment for new? Buy some old weapons you liked because you don't wanna wait to make em again. They don't wanna change the market because the price tiers go Weapons>Cosmetics>bundles. Exactly how they want it to be.

I would buy more from the market if the prices were more reasonable.

When I appraise the price of an item, I look at what it offers versus what it costs to make via blueprint, then figure out the mark up.

My most recent Platinum purchase was the Helios Sentinel.  I researched its requirements to build, and it looked like this:

Clan Research*: 7500 credits, 7(!) Fieldrons, 100(!) Oxium, 750 Ferrite, and a chintzy 350 Nano Spores.

(* Ghost rates; multiply by 3 for Shadow, 10 for Storm, 30 for Mountain, 100 for Moon.)

Blueprint Price: 15000 credits.

Components:  25000 credits, 10(!) Fieldrons, 300(!!) Oxium, 5000 Ferrite, and a goddamned Forma.

So Helios has the most outrageous set of expenses to produce of any Sentinel to date.  Seriously, outrageous, with a generous smattering of F-bombs.  It's obscene.  He has a crappy attack and he slowly scans stuff for your Codex.  He has the least utility in the game and the highest costs.

Knowing this, I evaluate the Platinum purchase on Helios.  He costs 75 Platinum in the market.  Purchased Sentinels come pre-equipped with an Orokin Reactor, which normally sells for 20P, and their weapon comes pre-equipped with an Orokin Catalyst, which also normally sells for 20P.  Helios out of the market comes pre-equipped with 40P in Orokin bits, and part of his costs to produce involve 300 Oxium, which is also important and is also sold in the market, particularly in that exact amount for 30P. 

Buying Helios out of the market has 70P in resources already in him and circumvents a massive headache in production and outfitting expenses.  He's either the most compelling argument to buy him from the market, or his build requirements so insanely ridiculously detached from reality that he's stupid to build for what he does - which might roll right back around into being evil genius if it drives people into the market to buy him with Platinum.

You evaluate just about everything else in the Market, though, and you see a price-for-goods relationship that severely skews into Overpriced territory.  I've handled most of the weapons in the game now, and, reviewing the Market, only these weapons approach or meet being fairly priced:

Braton (credits)

MK1-Braton (credits)

Strun (credits)

Aklato (credits)

Lato (credits)

Lex (credits)

Sicarus (credits)

Bo (65P)

That's it.

Basically, every price in the market needs to have at least 80P shaved off of it to approach being reasonable.  150P for Skana?  130P for Dual Skana?  Seriously?  Can you imagine actually paying 175P for the Tetra?  225P for the freakin' Hek?  Even if you remember that these weapons come equipped with a 20P Orokin Catalyst and a weapon slot (slots sold 2 for 12P, so call it 6P), that's only 26P of tangible, directly observable added value.  The immediate gratification of buying these things is severely overpriced, especially when 75P is regularly priced at $4.99, 170P is regularly priced at $9.99.

They want you to spend on average $8-12 dollars per weapon.  That Vectis at 250P in the market?  If you bought 370P regularly priced at $19.99, that costs you $13.50.  That's way outside the realm of reason.

It's insane.  Almost all of these prices are freakin' totally insane.  They're so insane that I bought blueprints and produced them all myself, am nearly done with them, and even if they reined in these obscene prices, it's too late to get me back as a customer.  I've made 90%+ of the game's weapons, mastered them, sold half of them without a Catalyst ever being involved.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

I don't think it'd change much for me at all really.  I enjoyed this game and did buy some weapons off of the market with plat after I played the game stock enough to know I'd keep enjoying it.  Also bought Volt very early since his "effective" cost is only 55 plat since all items come with a slot.

Generally once you've been playing for a while, you'll never have even a slight reason or need to ever buy any weapon or frame, because farming non-prime items is a literal cake walk.  Because of that I don't see the weapon prices as being too high as really you shouldn't ever be buying many of them.  Getting an extra boost in the early game to your total arsenal size is good enough for me.

To me, the market is there to allow for an early game boost and nothing more, so the prices feel justified to me despite the fact that they are high.  Now the prices on the resources is.... a bit wonky for sure.  But that's a whole other kettle of fish.  I feel that the cosmetic pricing is in a good place though.

Most of the stuff I have no issue with, but as some have said, they're some stuff I'd never pay for because the price is just dumb. The big one is resources, but credits, mod packs, key packs, core packs, stuff like that is stupid expensive. I can't imagine imagine anyone except for brand new players even considering it.

There's a difference in making a "Sale" and lowering the prices permanetly. And with new players comming up do you think those equipment will actually get "old"? You make it sound like this:

Equipment gets old in the eyes of a veteran player and we paid.... say: 175p for a weapon, now that its in the market for a while its now 75p for EVERYONE because there's more powerfull/fun weapons than those that came first? I dont see any game market doing that.

And I see those that bought it at the original price getting mad.

Your idea has merit in Real Life, I do that, I wait for the thing I want to go lower in prices before I buy it, but I get the risk of newer and more advanced things appearing the more I wait and I end up wanting those instead. But In-Game? I dont see that logic working.

It doesn't matter the sale was not permanent. A good number of people had the chance to get it far cheaper than others still.

How often are new items, frames, weapons etc on par or worse than the original collection of open beta weapons and frames. There is power creep plain as day. That's on par with real world obsolesance. The only thing that could slide are cosmetic items as that's rather timeless. Although I could see it as people saying it turns into pay to win with old worse guns are cheaper than better more expensive new guns.

I would buy more. I actually bought some frames that I couldn't farm in reasonable time (ei Zephyr when it was oxium grind+ long research). But paying ~200 plat for some meh weapon is unjustified.

Potatoes for 20 is even cheap. 

Got to support the game somehow although some market items (plat to credits, i'm looking at you) are completely outdated/pointless. 

Also, i'm a 

whale-jumping-out-of-water-01.jpg

Im not talking about,  -not supporting the DEVs, im talkng about, how they would earn more dollars if prices were more sane..

I would buy more from the market if the prices were more reasonable.

When I appraise the price of an item, I look at what it offers versus what it costs to make via blueprint, then figure out the mark up.

My most recent Platinum purchase was the Helios Sentinel.  I researched its requirements to build, and it looked like this:

Clan Research*: 7500 credits, 7(!) Fieldrons, 100(!) Oxium, 750 Ferrite, and a chintzy 350 Nano Spores.

(* Ghost rates; multiply by 3 for Shadow, 10 for Storm, 30 for Mountain, 100 for Moon.)

Blueprint Price: 15000 credits.

Components:  25000 credits, 10(!) Fieldrons, 300(!!) Oxium, 5000 Ferrite, and a goddamned Forma.

So Helios has the most outrageous set of expenses to produce of any Sentinel to date.  Seriously, outrageous, with a generous smattering of F-bombs.  It's obscene.  He has a crappy attack and he slowly scans stuff for your Codex.  He has the least utility in the game and the highest costs.

Knowing this, I evaluate the Platinum purchase on Helios.  He costs 75 Platinum in the market.  Purchased Sentinels come pre-equipped with an Orokin Reactor, which normally sells for 20P, and their weapon comes pre-equipped with an Orokin Catalyst, which also normally sells for 20P.  Helios out of the market comes pre-equipped with 40P in Orokin bits, and part of his costs to produce involve 300 Oxium, which is also important and is also sold in the market, particularly in that exact amount for 30P. 

Buying Helios out of the market has 70P in resources already in him and circumvents a massive headache in production and outfitting expenses.  He's either the most compelling argument to buy him from the market, or his build requirements so insanely ridiculously detached from reality that he's stupid to build for what he does - which might roll right back around into being evil genius if it drives people into the market to buy him with Platinum.

You evaluate just about everything else in the Market, though, and you see a price-for-goods relationship that severely skews into Overpriced territory.  I've handled most of the weapons in the game now, and, reviewing the Market, only these weapons approach or meet being fairly priced:

Braton (credits)

MK1-Braton (credits)

Strun (credits)

Aklato (credits)

Lato (credits)

Lex (credits)

Sicarus (credits)

Bo (65P)

That's it.

Basically, every price in the market needs to have at least 80P shaved off of it to approach being reasonable.  150P for Skana?  130P for Dual Skana?  Seriously?  Can you imagine actually paying 175P for the Tetra?  225P for the freakin' Hek?  Even if you remember that these weapons come equipped with a 20P Orokin Catalyst and a weapon slot (slots sold 2 for 12P, so call it 6P), that's only 26P of tangible, directly observable added value.  The immediate gratification of buying these things is severely overpriced, especially when 75P is regularly priced at $4.99, 170P is regularly priced at $9.99.

They want you to spend on average $8-12 dollars per weapon.  That Vectis at 250P in the market?  If you bought 370P regularly priced at $19.99, that costs you $13.50.  That's way outside the realm of reason.

It's insane.  Almost all of these prices are freakin' totally insane.  They're so insane that I bought blueprints and produced them all myself, am nearly done with them, and even if they reined in these obscene prices, it's too late to get me back as a customer.  I've made 90%+ of the game's weapons, mastered them, sold half of them without a Catalyst ever being involved.

This is exactly what i mean,..

Edited by D3ST

Frames and weapons: Apart from a few exceptions like Loki, Volt, and Excalibur, which are pretty reasonably priced,  GOD NO (Only bought Vauban after 3 months of not getting the last part I needed and even then I kinda regret it it)

Mods and Keys: NO, NO AND DOUBLE NO

Components: These are actually reasonably priced: Potatoes, Forma and Oxium. All the other components would be much better priced if you didnt get only 1 for 10p (even worse for research stuff... 10p for a mutagen sample, really?!)

Sentinels: Yeah, thou only carrier and MAYBE helios are worth it.

Cosmetics: 50p for a syandana is pretty darn good, thou the pyra and the ugly godzilla tail are different and neat enough to be worth the slightly increased prize. I wouldnt buy any of the sentinel cosmetics if they werent in bundles and the armor bundles would be better if they fit more frame's style more.

All in all, I'd only buy cosmetics, slots and potatoes with plat, I'd only get stuff from the market directly if they were almost impossible to obtain otherwise (Vauban) or pretty cheap and good (Excal, Loki and Volt). For me to even consider putting plat down for weapons or other frames, DE would slash frame and weapon prices by half or at least make plat prices more reasonable, I only buy plat when I get a 50% discount and even then it feels like a rip off...

My only problem with the way the market works is the fact that normal frames are completely stupid to buy if they have a prime counterpart. You want to play Frost? Good news! Frost prime goes for far less then Normal frame in the market. I understand thats a problem that DE can't help since they cant control the flow of princes in the market, but I feel that if someone got enough money to buy a Frost, they would be way better off Buying a Frost Prime Set in the open market for maybe... 50 Platinum, then saving the rest of their money.

My only problem with the way the market works is the fact that normal frames are completely stupid to buy if they have a prime counterpart. You want to play Frost? Good news! Frost prime goes for far less then Normal frame in the market. I understand thats a problem that DE can't help since they cant control the flow of princes in the market, but I feel that if someone got enough money to buy a Frost, they would be way better off Buying a Frost Prime Set in the open market for maybe... 50 Platinum, then saving the rest of their money.

I believe u can get a full set of Frost P, for 20P on the trade channel..

Yes.

There was a time when I genuinely enjoyed spending money on this game, didn't really feel like I was annoyed or frustrated into doing so. That's how a game should be if you choose to monetize with micro-transactions.

Not anymore, though. That time and those feelings are long gone.

Edited by FatalX7

The only time I'm going to buy plat is when I get a 75% off, I'll drop $25 or $50 on this game and never spend a cent again. The market prices for most mats, weapons, some warframes, etc are silly and I won't bother with those. Just max out my slots, pototoes and use the rest for playing the trade market.

Edited by Davorx

After watching the dev stream yesterday,

I couldent help to notice, how sheldon, refuse to even reconsitter the market prices.

(this is not a rant targeted against Sheldon, he seems to be a very nice guy actually)

Even after Valve and several other game devs. and one very informed tenno, who made a huge post about it already a year ago,...  (sry, i cant find the post again now) have clearly demonstrated, you will make a bigger profit overall,

if you lower the prices on your market. (= more people would be inclined to spend more plat on the market)

I for one, would definetly spend more plat, if the prices on the market, were lowered,

How about you Tenno??

Warframe doesnt have a Dollar Tree section for the market nor does it need one. Thats like Elder Vampires in White Wolf games asking to borrow money. It just doesnt happen

Edited by Kartumterek