Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Questions From A Newbie (Rank 3, 37 Hours)

UnknownBlademaster

Question

So, here I go:

1. I'm in a clan, and I've seen people talking about "clan-only" weapons. Are these true? If yes, where can I find them?

2. My ember warframe is gonna finish in 2 days, so I was thinking it might be worth farming for some ability enchancing mods (seeing how people always tell me ember is mostly good for it's abilities), but so far I've only got the one which increases the range. Where could I get more to increase damage and etc.?

3. Is there a good planet for farming Fusion Cores? I've browsed the forums all evening yesterday and all the suggested missions didn't work any better than any others.

4. Last one - are sniper rifles and bows viable at all? So far I've seen high level players use only full-auto weapons which I could never recognize or melee...and that concers because so far Paris and Vulkar have been my favourite weapons in this game.

P.S. Thanks to Xenophil and Teneko for helping out getting Neural Sensors and Control Modules :3 love you guys!

8 answers to this question

1. Yes. You can find them in the Research Labs of a Clan Dojo. Note that the Clan has to have the Labs built, and the research actually complete before you can purchase a blueprint.

2. Intensify increases power strength. Details and drop locations here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Intensify

3. Void Survival. You have a fairly good chance to get a pack of cores at each 5min milestone. Each pack contains five R5s. 

4. Sniper rifles aren't bad weapons, but they have nothing on bows at the moment. They are due for a buff soon, however. Bows are extremely powerful weapons. Namely the Dread and the Paris Prime (practice archery with the Paris, but don't bother with the Cernos as a long-term bow). They can be modded to constantly achieve critical strikes, and a good archer will be one-shotting anything and everything well into Void Survival. 

So, here I go:

1. I'm in a clan, and I've seen people talking about "clan-only" weapons. Are these true? If yes, where can I find them?

2. My ember warframe is gonna finish in 2 days, so I was thinking it might be worth farming for some ability enchancing mods (seeing how people always tell me ember is mostly good for it's abilities), but so far I've only got the one which increases the range. Where could I get more to increase damage and etc.?

3. Is there a good planet for farming Fusion Cores? I've browsed the forums all evening yesterday and all the suggested missions didn't work any better than any others.

4. Last one - are sniper rifles and bows viable at all? So far I've seen high level players use only full-auto weapons which I could never recognize or melee...and that concers because so far Paris and Vulkar have been my favourite weapons in this game.

P.S. Thanks to Xenophil and Teneko for helping out getting Neural Sensors and Control Modules :3 love you guys!

1. Clan Research rooms ask for orientation by a veteran of the clan or possibly your recruiter, beware these weapons have obscenely high mastery ranks to obtain

4.the Engame Bows are possibly the strongest weapons in the game 

Edited by Axeroix

1: Some weaponscan only be obtained through dojo reserach. Go in the 4 differents labos in your dojo (Grineer, Corpus, Infested and Tenno) to get the blueprints (be careful, a lot of them have a Mastery Rank requirement).

2: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki search for streamline, intensify, flow, continuity, then ask your clan about how to do Vault runs for the rest.

3: Any defense mission is quite good, the best being probably Orokin Delerict Defense, which needs keys but wait to have some ok gear to get there.

4: Well none of them is un the weapons top tier, but Paris Prime is very decent, and Lanka too if you can handle it

1. Yes, weapons from Clan Research are available only for people being in a clan

2. Full list of mods and drop locations can be found on Wiki

3. Survivals in Void. Best source. Before introduction of R5 packs, the best place was probably ODD

4. Sniper rifles are rather sub-par comparing to any other weapons. But they are going to get a rework, so... Bows, on the other hand, are pretty powerful, especially Dread (crit build) and Paris Prime.

1) Yes, there are clan-only weapons. They are in research labs. You would have to find out where in the dojo the labs are (if they have been built yet)

2) Your best bet on finding information like this is the wiki (our personal savior) http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

3)There isn't really a great place for farming fusion cores as far as I know, but some places are better than others. Players like Defense, Survival and Mobile Defense for the enemy density (having a Nekros in squad really helps for more drops)

4) Sniper rifles honestly aren't that great, they need a buff. They are fun to mess around with, but thats about it. Bows can deal very high damage once modded correctly, but you have to have a full crit build. Hard thing with bows is the low fire rate when surrounds by enemies (But hitting 50K red crits are fun)

1.You need to build specific research room and research that weapons to obtain them. Most clans older than a month should already have them. Try asking your clan mates.

2.I usually got Intensify or Continuity from defense mission, IIRC it can drop from Apollodorus as first 5 minutes reward

3.Survival is a good place, they drop more often because there are more enemies to kill

4.Both Paris and Vulkar are usable up to Pluto, but i do suggest you to look for Dread/Paris Prime and Vectis once you can get them.