Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon A Good Choice ?

DrTaldo

Question

I would like to know why everyone says 

- "Oberon is a sh **" 

- "Worst warframe of history" 

- "Wrong choice buddy" 

How bad is it? why? his powers? low str ? 

Someone explain to me please, I like a lot, but I have received many comments that this being USELESS and doubt is between whether it is or not: v 

Please Help me solve colleagues tenno my doubt ... 

and if not so bad, where I can find his helmet ? (is that what the Eximus vote drives, but there is a mission that has more% chance ?

Thanks in advance

16 answers to this question

I love my Oberon.

I mean I love all my frames, but Oberon is great.

Has very good damage with smite and reckoning, hallowed ground for decent area damage and renewal is always handy.

He has no mobility, however, and hallowed ground is a bit useless aside from providing damage, and the projectiles on smite are unreliable and weak.

He could use a buff, but he's a decent frame.

If you need the parts, I'd suggest Orokin Derelict Defense or Survival. I see an Oberon part drop almost every time I go there, and it's relatively laid back.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I think the problem with Oberon is that he isn't particularly good for anything. He can deal damage and heal others but there are many others who are better for both roles and doesn't have anything unique to compensate. However, Oberon is the next warframe to get a buff/overhaul so he will probably end up being stronger in the future.

He's a multi-role frame, he doesn't really do anything particularly well, he has a ok heal, pretty weak aoe and similarly pretty weak CC, generally speaking a set of dedicated frames is more desirable.

I think the problem with Oberon is that he isn't particularly good for anything. He can deal damage and heal others but there are many others who are better for both roles and doesn't have anything unique to compensate. However, Oberon is the next warframe to get a buff/overhaul so he will probably end up being stronger in the future.

As someone who mains Oberon, I can say that this is 100% true. He suffers from trying to be a jack of all trades as well as not having a distinct theme. Oberon was initially billed as a "Paladin" frame, but based on his design (GOAT MAN!) and powers, i gotta say that he is more of a druid, but even that is pushing it. DE needs to look into making his powers complement each other so that his only good ability isn't Reckoning, with Renewal being a distant second. 

As someone who mains Oberon, I can say that this is 100% true. He suffers from trying to be a jack of all trades as well as not having a distinct theme. Oberon was initially billed as a "Paladin" frame, but based on his design (GOAT MAN!) and powers, i gotta say that he is more of a druid, but even that is pushing it. DE needs to look into making his powers complement each other so that his only good ability isn't Reckoning, with Renewal being a distant second. 

Imaru Ive seen your name before havent I?

If you mod your Oberon with a half-maxed Blind Rage and a collection of all the +power efficiency mods maxed along with a maxed intensify, he becomes a pretty great attacking frame with his first and fourth powers.

His duration becomes really wimpy, but by the same token, his heal lasts longer.

Edited by Reefermun

For me the main problem is that no one uses it as I think he is the best, it is to sayt only with heal and the area on the ground.

All I see is smite and reckonoob spammers which makes him even worse than he is.

The problem with Oberon is he doesn't have any place in end game.

His healing is to slow to be used reactively, imagine that even Trinity's ult is instant and still is hard to heal someone before he is dead at higher lvls.

His Reckoning is not good for clearing rooms in T4 anymore, only in the low/mid levels.

Smite is a joke.

Hallowed ground needs to do something else besides just pure damage, it becomes useless when the damage can't kill anymore.

That is the actual state of Oberon, but devs said that after U14 he is the first in line to be reworked, so we'll have to wait, maybe he becomes serious business.

I wouldn't say he's the worst, he's more of a jack of all trades. Because of players Gerald preferring a particular play style this may make him seem weak in the area they want to focus in and therefore disliking him. I'd suggest giving him a go I generally use him to run with lower levelled friends on lower levelled content, mostly because I want a frame that won't kill everything on the map and have some sort of healing. Again, give him a go if you don't have him, I quite enjoy him but if you don't just level him and sell if you need the slot space

Oberon is a nice frame, but there is a problem with him. He was a frame with multiple roles. he can attack, defend, and heal. But, that multi-purpose effect is what makes him less viable than other frames in specific situation. 

Smite: Nice for dmg and a bit of AoE with the additional projectiles, but those projectiles can't be controlled. Soul Punch ragdolls enemies, while Smite only staggers. Shuriken is the best for first abiity damages, since it also procs Bleed.

Hallowed Ground: Nice for constant damage. Can deal 4k damage to a single enemy. Two problems though:

- Does not slow or immobilize enemies, so enemies may walk outside of range and not be affected.

- It is just faster to kill an enemy w/ your weapons than just using the ability itself. More recommended to HELP kill the enemy, not just use it as your main attack

- Not the best for Defense/Interception (Absorb, Stomp, etc. can do better)

- Not great for Survival (Radial Disarm, Chaos, etc. are better for CC)

- Not great in other missions, since you will be moving often.

Renewal: Overshadowed by Trinity's Well of Life and Blessing. Also too slow of a heal, but can be shortened by Fleeting Expertise.

Reckoning: Overshadowed by Stomp, Avalanche, Overload, etc. Even though Stomp does less damage, it has a CC effect where enemies are stuck mid-air, making it more viable against higher level enemies. Reckoning does drop health orbs, but only upon kills, and is overshadowed by Desecrate. Reckoning does not provide CC, since enemies that did not die from it will immediately start attacking you again.

As you can see, Oberon can be used in many situations, but is overshadowed by many other frames.

Edited by Yazeth

Oberon is best for farming on low level maps. Go to higher lvl and, well, he's not doing so good to put it mildly.

Reckoning is hurt very badly by enemy armor. It loses it's effectiveness in survival rather quickly and after that, it becomes more of a crowd control type ability.

However, it's great for farming purposes. It has good range and it'll destroy weaker enemies like Corpus easily.

Renewal...

I like it, but it has its flaws. It heals, but slowly and not that much, to be honest. And it's not too reliable when it comes to healing allies.

But still, any healing ability is good thing to have.

Hallowed Ground, a skill that I haven't used too much. Very situational. It deals radiation damage but it never procs, which makes it only a stationary damage dealing ability. Not too good, if you ask me.

Smite is sometimes useful, but usually you won't hit anything aside from the initial target. The spread of projectiles is difficult to predict and if you hit more than one enemy with it, it's simply a matter of luck.

So, what is the problem with him?

He can deal damage, but not enough.

He can heal, but not good enough.

He can CC, but not good enough.

No mobility, you can't fully depend on his abilities.

DE tried to make a balanced frame, instead they created a weak one. It's like they didn't know what to do with him.

Basically, everything he does is underwhelming compared to other frames. There's much better healers, much better damage dealers, much better supporting frames.

Oh, and he has really spindly arms. If you absolutely need the 10o points then level him to 30, but I don't think it's worth it.