Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Polarized My Cronus...

(PSN)Gross1985

May as well consider a relevant message to semi-newcomers such as myself.....because, maybe due to some ADD moment, I misinterpreted something in the forewording about how polarization works.

Think of polarizing your arsenal as "Prestiging" (sorry to reference COD).  When you polarize a slot in your weapon or Warframe, you reset that item back to "Unranked".  Fortunately, you keep your Mods & the Mods keep their levels, but since your item is reverted to an original slate, you can't use them until you level it up.

I don't know if I should polarize my 'Frame now that I know how polarizing works.  I'm just one of those types who works hard for my keep, and considering how far I've come in this game, having to rework things back to Level 30 is going to take plenty of effort, plus I'm interested in progressing further into the game, instead of having to go back to lower-level areas.

Maybe having those boosts will help in some way.....currently mine will last for another week.

If you're just starting out in the game I recommend not using forma on anything until you gain a larger arsenal. At this point nothing will be so tough that will require a min-max build yet.

Things will go by faster as you get farther into the solar system, and eventually you'll get to the point of being able to level a weapon or Warframe to 30 in hours.

Yeah. Tip for you:

Only really do it on gear you know you'll have the energy to level up.

Mostly I only forma when I love that weapon or if I know I can level it and not be annoyed whilst doing it.

The sysnaps and amprex (and even soma tbh) are hard because they're somewhere in between. Love them, and I know they're great, but until you get that last forma in them... they're next to worthless.

I know that feeling about how annoying leveling up weapons are, especially after a forma. When I first used it, the Ignis was so weak for me, mostly because I didn't know how to use it correctly so I was frustrated at low levels. But for some reason I liked the idea of using a flamethrower so I tried to forma it. Still weak when you try leveling it at low levels with no mods but now with after 4 forma and knowing about it's innate punchthrough and AoE damage potential, love it to bits!

:)

The sysnaps and amprex (and even soma tbh) are hard because they're somewhere in between. Love them, and I know they're great, but until you get that last forma in them... they're next to worthless.

Woot.!!! Soma has two V polarities to begin with and that is on par with all Prime weapons so even without a potato that is not even remotely close to being deemed worthless.

Make do with what you have until you are satisfied with your mastery rank, then work on leveling/forma'ing gear youd like to. I followed this basic rule except i did forma one good weapon and frame early on so I could sorta hang on more missions friends with more progress would want to do

Very soon you will find that a normal thing.

When I first polarized my weapon by accident, I was panicked when i saw my weapon reset to rank zero. So I emailed support and had them reverted it back. Didn't dare to do again sometime after that for awhile. After I have played over a year into the game to the point that I was so "wanting" to do it. Then after a first, second, third... and eventually I got use to it. I came to like the system. And I can see that there is a purpose behind it. Now, I regularly do it on my chosen weapons.

You will see. But by then, you may not care so much of resetting rank as much as you want to do it carefully still so not to waste a forma.

• 4 months later...

Probably the only thing I can say, that hasn't alreadg been said, is if you do decide to forma make sure you have the forma before you use it. What I'm saying is if your looking at the uprage screen in your arsenal, and have no forma, it will give you the option to make one there without having to go to the market or rush one in the foundry. There is a bug that will take your 20 platinum and reset your level without polarizing. That and if you take off all equipment other than your frame and one weapon you can go from 0 to 30 in no time at the dark sector defense on Pluto. With a booster I forma'd my paris prime four times in a hour using this method.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

Same, except mine is 5 Forma. :p As well as a 5 Forma Regular Braton cause I can. 

4 forma MKI Braton, aka, the best Braton.  Teasing the idea of going for five.

Depending on the weapon, the first forma or two can really suck, or it can make the leveling experience enjoyable.  Really depends on how soon you can beef it up to a point where you're not stranded on Earth or Mercury.