Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Metroid Needs To Move To The Ps4 And Xb1

Soulphoenix1

As for Nintendo's last moves were crippling the Wii-U has it is. Metroid was pushed back numerous times over, and then. The gimmicks took over, ruining gameplay. It's gimmicks could make Metroid worse, and then. IW and Activision will take over Metroid and destroying it like they did to Call of Duty. But there's one last hope. They need to push Metroid onto the PS4 and XB1 to boost their confidence skywards, and an feat never done for themselves as they put their first Nintendo game onto the Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

Please. Promote them to do the impossible and hope to be a successful feat ever done.

Edited by Soulphoenix1

I can't believe a fan of Metroid would even suggest such a thing. What Nintendo needs todo is make a Metroid game for Wii U. The Wii U is a good system whether you think it is or not and the Wii U has only been failing because Nintendo hasnt been making games that people actually want for the system until recently (the name for the system didnt help really either imo).

I cant even really tell what your post is about besides "Metroid should move to xb1 and ps4" which is an absolute horrible idea and would ruin the series as a whole.

It pains me that you seem to keep coming up with worse and worse ideas about my all time favorite video game series ever. If Nintendo did do that, they wouldn't even be Nintendo anymore. They would just be another 3rd party company that makes games for microsoft and sony.

I can't believe a fan of Metroid would even suggest such a thing. What Nintendo needs todo is make a Metroid game for Wii U. The Wii U is a good system whether you think it is or not and the Wii U has only been failing because Nintendo hasnt been making games that people actually want for the system until recently (the name for the system didnt help really either imo).

I cant even really tell what your post is about besides "Metroid should move to xb1 and ps4" which is an absolute horrible idea and would ruin the series as a whole.

It pains me that you seem to keep coming up with worse and worse ideas about my all time favorite video game series ever. If Nintendo did do that, they wouldn't even be Nintendo anymore. They would just be another 3rd party company that makes games for microsoft and sony.

OK, why are you following me whenever i make something that is not out of Nintendo's will to make games alone, they have been pushed aside, overshadowed by that so called "Call of Duty and Halo", and nothing more.

I wanted the best of Nintendo after quitting COD, but this how we fans get? This is only way to combat Sony and Microsoft, who says they're just porting 3rd party games. Nintendo will fall if we don't help out. Nintendo hides Metroid from everybody just as the GTA Online Heists, just to be replaced by a reject update. That's how Nintendo follows COD with its every year mario?

Sorry, i have no choice to put Metroid onto the PS4 and XB1, and besides. What can they think of Nintendo pulling an Sega? it isn't. Sony and Microsoft can respect Nintendo for it, they can't change the storyline, only Nintendo.

Edited by Soulphoenix1

I think Nintendo is finally putting their big boy pants on and releasing some good stuff I think that their will be a new one soon.

There's nothing concrete, but they have definitely expressed interest in making a new Metroid game, so that's something.

It probably won't be by Retro, but as long as Sakomoto stays far away from it I'd be happy.

Also OP, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Nintendo said at E3 that while its not in the making atm they got plans for both a classic 2D game and a Prime game. So while its not out this year or even next Metroid IS still being planned for. Also remember Nintendo do like Team Ninja and while people seem to hate the story in Other M (plot was done by Nintendo btw not Team Ninja), MOST people seem to agree the actual game play was good. So yeah look forward to Metroid and other titles being outsourced to other 3rd party developers.

MOST people seem to agree the actual game play was good. 

Very few people think that. Other M's gameplay was just as awful as the story. Pixel hunts, boring and linear levels, no exploration or backtracking, no new items, switching between first and third person view was awkward and mostly useless, and it's incredibly unintuitive to navigate a 3d world with a d-pad. Everything about that game was bad.

Because whoring out their first-party titles would probably mark the death of Nintendo as a gaming hardware company. I cite the example of Sega, with the Dreamcast. Having console-exclusive titles is the only reason people really choose one console over another, when you get down to brass tacks.

Because whoring out their first-party titles would probably mark the death of Nintendo as a gaming hardware company. I cite the example of Sega, with the Dreamcast. Having console-exclusive titles is the only reason people really choose one console over another, when you get down to brass tacks.

Why think Nintendo will fail so hard as sega, they're already trying to survive. Nintendo is currently 2nd place, but Microsoft's so called "Call of duty and Halo" will overrun Nintendo, placing them in 2nd place and placing Nintendo in 3rd. If they fall out of the race entirely, They will be the Sega for sure.

It has to be done, or all of Nintendo is no more.

Nintendo said at E3 that while its not in the making atm they got plans for both a classic 2D game and a Prime game. So while its not out this year or even next Metroid IS still being planned for. Also remember Nintendo do like Team Ninja and while people seem to hate the story in Other M (plot was done by Nintendo btw not Team Ninja), MOST people seem to agree the actual game play was good. So yeah look forward to Metroid and other titles being outsourced to other 3rd party developers.

They aren't, its just going to another Mario and nothing else than that.

Why think Nintendo will fail so hard as sega, they're already trying to survive. Nintendo is currently 2nd place, but Microsoft's so called "Call of duty and Halo" will overrun Nintendo, placing them in 2nd place and placing Nintendo in 3rd. If they fall out of the race entirely, They will be the Sega for sure.

It has to be done, or all of Nintendo is no more.

Give us the numbers, then that prove Nintendo is nearing bankruptcy. The WiiU is struggling, but Mario Kart 8 has boosted sales pretty significantly. Not to mention the 3DS is still selling like hotcakes. Plus, thanks to the wisdom of their last president, they have billions of yen in savings for this exact reason. Nintendo is doing fine.

They aren't, its just going to another Mario and nothing else than that.

So I guess Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, Project X, Smash Bros., Pokemon, Splattoon, that new Kirby, and a lot more I'm forgetting don't exist, huh?

Give us the numbers, then that prove Nintendo is nearing bankruptcy. The WiiU is struggling, but Mario Kart 8 has boosted sales pretty significantly. Not to mention the 3DS is still selling like hotcakes. Plus, thanks to the wisdom of their last president, they have billions of yen in savings for this exact reason. Nintendo is doing fine.

So I guess Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, Project X, Smash Bros., Pokemon, Splattoon, that new Kirby, and a lot more I'm forgetting don't exist, huh?

As of July. PS4 has sold over 7M consoles so far.

Wii-U has sold over 6M consoles

XB1 has sold over 4M consoles

Also, not trolling Nintendo. All of these games exist, But no Metroid. Why is that possible that they aren't showing any trailers or a surprise clip of E3 2014?

Edited by Soulphoenix1

As of July. PS4 has sold over 7M consoles so far.

Wii-U has sold over 6M consoles

XB1 has sold over 4M consoles

Also, not trolling Nintendo. All of these games exist, But no Metroid. Why is that possible that they aren't showing any trailers or a surprise clip of E3 2014?

6m is quite a lot. Certainly not bad enough to start panicking and whoring out your franchises to other consoles.

Isn't it possible that they simply aren't working on a metroid game at the moment? They're interested in making another metroid, it'll happen. That's good enough for me.

Seriously, why do we think now that the PS4 and XB1 has null and void exclusives while the wii-u has many? They do have them, having some problems, but they have the pros and cons for each. And if they think of supporting the Wii-U because it has good games and slamming off at fans of Sony and Microsoft. That is being an Nintendo Loyalist (No offence)

Nuh-uh. Robots can't have a gender, silly.

You have no Idea what you are talking about, She isnt a robot, She is a female bounty hunter inside of a power suit. Her name is Samus Aran. And what is a Metroid then? This: BoYFonM.jpg

OP wait till the main games hit, i,e, smash bros, zelda and the like. Then come talk when everybody wants to buy that shiz, and honestly, why move it to the xbone or ps4?

If your gripe is about the way it "might" control just have it use the wii u  gamepad / the pro controller. Heck if it's a metroid prime game it makes sense for it to use the wii mote as you can actually feel where the hell your aiming and not just glancing over targets with a joystick on a controller.

Honestly, Metroid Other M wasn't bad game play wise, the story just needs to get back to what metroid was. The little subtle gestures that Samus makes and the like.

In my honest opinion if they do push it to the ps4 or xbone it'll just be shrouded by all the other big titles. Metroid was one of the defining titles of Nintendo and it should stay like that, similar to how xbone has halo.

Edited by xontix627

As for Nintendo's last moves were crippling the Wii-U has it is. Metroid was pushed back numerous times over, and then. The gimmicks took over, ruining gameplay. It's gimmicks could make Metroid worse, and then. IW and Activision will take over Metroid and destroying it like they did to Call of Duty. But there's one last hope. They need to push Metroid onto the PS4 and XB1 to boost their confidence skywards, and an feat never done for themselves as they put their first Nintendo game onto the Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

Please. Promote them to do the impossible and hope to be a successful feat ever done.

I have played Metroid since I was three years old, and I cant believe you would say something like this, and Nintendo has never let IW or Activision touch Metroid. The only ones that have helped in the development of Metroid was Retro Studios and Team Ninja. I think, when you are speaking of this you are relating only to Metroid Other M. Metroid has been there since 86' and Nintendo has never made Mario and Zelda on any other system. Then why would they start doing it with Metroid? I think you only took the hate that you had towards Other M and applied it to the whole Metroid Franchise, sure they had problems with Other M. But what game company doesnt have their problems? You have to look at the other games, The Prime games, and the 2D games, Super Metroid put in the popularity for the game, and Metroid worked with Retro Studios to make the Prime games, which were some of the best games in the franchise. IW and Activision would ruin Metroid more than Team Ninja ever could to Other M. And besides, the Metroid Franchise has many unanswered questions:

Who was chasing Samus at the end of Metroid Prime 3?
How will Fusion's events lead into Metroid Dread?
Has all of the Phazon been eradicated after the Death of Phaaze?
Is Dark Samus really dead?

You have to wait for those answers. Because Nintendo is discussing already how they are going to make the next Metroid game on the Wii U, which will increase the gameplay ability. Anyway I have talked to people on the PS4 and the Xbox Live, and I have asked them how they like games like Metroid, 95% of all the people I have talked to have negative responses. Letting IW and Activision touch Metroid would ruin the next game. But moving the game to PS4 and Xbox One (Which they don't do with their games) would ruin the whole entire franchise. So I would think about what you are saying, because every game that Nintendo has made SOLELY by themselves, are popular, and every game they make by themselves never go to another system. Like I said before have you ever seen Mario and Zelda on another system? No, and they certainly would not start with Metroid.