Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For Some Lore Information.

Zantos54

I have been playing this game and it is amazing. One thing that I found my self thinking over a few days is what exactly are the tenno? Why do they fight? Why is it they listen to the lotus? They seem like they will fight any battle they can get, an observation from the grineer / corpus conflicts. After facing the Grustag 3 the lotus scolds them a bit. That is why I questioned what exactly is the reason for listening to her.

I checked the wiki but it was confusing as well. It says that they are from the orokin era on earth. What is the orokin era? How did it happen? What in the world are the orokin? Where did all the humans go? Furthermore, it says the tenno stand united against a common foe. Who is that common foe? They willingly fight along side the grineer or the corpus for either a hefty battle pay, or to defeat the infested.

I really am interested in the lore behind the tenno. Even more so since some of the descriptions for the warframes are so interesting. Like the one for mag prime.

If anyone knows anything, let me know :D. I asked region once and all I got was to check the wiki, or that its a sequel to dark sector game. I checked into the sequel thing just to find that its highly debated as to if it truely is a sequel, parts are cannon while some isn't, or to what extent if any its even connected. Its just really unclear in that sense and the wiki doesn't have a lot of answers either.

Edited by Zantos54

I have been playing this game and it is amazing. One thing that I found my self thinking over a few days is what exactly are the tenno? Why do they fight? Why is it they listen to the lotus? They seem like they will fight any battle they can get, an observation from the grineer / corpus conflicts. After facing the Grustag 3 the lotus scolds them a bit. That is why I questioned what exactly is the reason for listening to her.

To keep the Balance™

We are the Tenno, Who are we? take that any way you want.

We fight to keep balance in the origin system, or what ever we feel like.

The Lotus knows how to order us around without getting seen, so a leader that can last forever is a decent one to follow.

The Lore is pretty much relies on you picking up any small details possible and forging a story out of it.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Story_and_History

Edited by Incrodon

What Incrodon linked pretty much explains it all, but all that's in there is pretty much an interpretation of bits and pieces quoted from the codex or other bits of lore from DE

Some people flip out if you consider that page to be The Truth™, so keep that in mind.

The official faction description mentions that they are loyal only to each other. Therefore, they have no loyalty to the Lotus. They simply allow her to aid them in their goal of maintaining balance in the galaxy. If they believed that she hindered that, I feel that the Tenno would turn on her in a moment.

The description also mentions that the Tenno each have different values. Although they are fiercely loyal to each other, they have individual approaches to how they use their powers to change the galaxy. Some are noble warriors, while others are simply opportunistic mercenaries. No matter the differences in ideologies however, Tenno would not oppose each other, as this camaraderie is almost taboo to them.

EDIT: this is mostly imho tho

Edited by AM-Bunny

Read the codex for stalker, Excalibur, ember, and mag prime.

The Orokin were losing a war with the sentients so they sent children into the void to make Tenno. They cased them in armor and unleashed them upon the sentients.

The Tenno after beating the sentients realized the orokin empire was too powerful/corrupt and destroyed it then went into cryosleep to wake when the origin system neede them again.

Read the codex for stalker, Excalibur, ember, and mag prime.

The Orokin were losing a war with the sentients so they sent children into the void to make Tenno. They cased them in armor and unleashed them upon the sentients.

The Tenno after beating the sentients realized the orokin empire was too powerful/corrupt and destroyed it then went into cryosleep to wake when the origin system neede them again.

What is the origin system? What gave rise to the Orokin and what were the sentients? If they sent children into the void, what did they experince there that somehow made them into virtual super warriors?

What Incrodon linked pretty much explains it all, but all that's in there is pretty much an interpretation of bits and pieces quoted from the codex or other bits of lore from DE

Some people flip out if you consider that page to be The Truth™, so keep that in mind.

That page is interesting, but it relys on the Dark Sector lore, something that in my op I have discovered isn't really connected and or whos connection is highly debated. A lot of it is also speculation, so I can see why some people flip out. It doesn't really seem like a real answere, only more speculation based around the Dark Sector being connected.

"the key to warframe is shoot stuff who needs lore"-the mind of DE

But lore makes it more fun :D. Having some awesome story helps to get into the character, helps to really feel what it is to be a tenno.

We are the Tenno, Who are we? take that any way you want.

We fight to keep balance in the origin system, or what ever we feel like.

The Lotus knows how to order us around without getting seen, so a leader that can last forever is a decent one to follow.

The Lore is pretty much relies on you picking up any small details possible and forging a story out of it.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Story_and_History

I can forge all kinds of stories, but my story may be differen't then someone elses story. I like to know the real story and what the real meaning behind them is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some giant lore buff by any means. I don't even read the text in other MMO's I play. That being said, I heard they wanted to add some quests to the game. Starting to expand on the lore behind the tenno and their past can open up so many possibilities. It could even bring about ancient enemys long since thought to be exterminated.

I mean, the whole opening cinematic brings into question whats going on? Then you try to find out and its like, No one knows. You open to Vor landing and going to a cyropod housing a tenno, already in a warframe. Then others show up to help him. There are no other cyropods, no indication as to where in the world that pod is located or how or why it was put there. All you know is that he awakens and is attacked, but for what reason?

I mean, it does create a sense of chaos and confusion if anything else.

Edited by Zantos54

What is the origin system? What gave rise to the Orokin and what were the sentients? If they sent children into the void, what did they experience there that somehow made them into virtual super warriors?

What Has Earth, The Sol, The Luna, Several Gas Balls, And planet covered in Rust.

We have very little info of the Orokin, so we will let anyone give thier ideas on them.

The Sentients were most likely aliens but we don't even have their original technology. [Orokin possible utilized their tech post war]

The Void Defies all Logic so we may never know, the same experiment may even fail to yield same results because of that very reason.