Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Systems Teaser Take #2 - Is It Possible?

DJ_Redwire

Remember this little guy?

https://www.warframe.com/grineersystems/

For anybody who might not be familiar with this website directory, this was a teaser website created a week two weeks before update 13 hit in order to hype its arrival. The site introduced a new teaser image/video each day for a week, followed by a timer that ticked down for another week, after which update 13 arrived in all its glory. 

It's pretty clear that U14 based on the content DE plans to release is going to be pretty lore heavy, especially with the official release of the long awaited Vor's Prize. Do you think there is a chance they might want to do another teaser website like they did for update 13? Or perhaps something completely different entirely? Would that be something you'd wanna see again, or do you think it'd be a hype train wreck? Why or why not? Inquiring minds want to know...

I would not mind a return of the teaser site but only if DE is absolutely 100% sure that they can release update 14 when the countdown ends because I do not want to see the the timer after the countdown trainwreck again.

why would it be up by now? U14 is not coming before July 16th....

When was that ever confirmed?

The U13 site was up looong before the update actually came out. Were you there when everyone flipped? bahahaha

I was there, and the U13 site appeared 2 weeks before, with the intention of 1 week. It was only there for 2 weeks because DE failed to finish U13 on the first week

considering the amount of problems that came with U13, i think they were rushed because of the website being up. which is why they didn't make one now.  honestly the only thing i wish they would give more of is the new warframe info. its the one thing we have practically nothing of other than looks and one power description.

After the fiasco of the last one, where they hyped it up and then found out that they wouldn't be able to have it ready by the first deadline (that was the reason for the timer)? No, I'd rather not see it again, unless they were ABSOLUTELY SURE they would be able to meet the teaser site's deadline.

The U13 site was up looong before the update actually came out. Were you there when everyone flipped? bahahaha

It was supposed to be 1 week but had to be extended due to unforseen circumstances during U13 development. 

"bahahaha" =_=" Just spouting out stuff doesn't mean you're right.   Grineer systems was supposed to be a 1 week "spoiler" but they failed and made it a 2 week spoiler. 

So if they were sure that 16th is their update-day....then on the 9th we could see another one of those.

But since they fail their timings over and over...I suppose that would be the real reason for one of those not appearing.

The last devstream Steve? said that update 14 would be released on July 16 at the earliest.

That's not really the wording.

It was more like "We wanted to put it out on the 9th...but it looks like we won't make it in time"...so instead of 16th as earliest...it seems like 16th can now bee seen as somewhat of a final date...with like a 0.35% chance it coming at the 9th (DE style)

That's not really the wording.

It was more like "We wanted to put it out on the 9th...but it looks like we won't make it in time"...so instead of 16th as earliest...it seems like 16th can now bee seen as somewhat of a final date...with like a 0.35% chance it coming at the 9th (DE style)

"It will come when it comes. We thought we could pull it off next week but I don't think we can. We're gonna work on it 'round the clock like crazy.. but I don't think it's gonna be next week."

Edited by The-Ancient

It was supposed to be 1 week but had to be extended due to unforseen circumstances during U13 development. 

"bahahaha" =_=" Just spouting out stuff doesn't mean you're right.   Grineer systems was supposed to be a 1 week "spoiler" but they failed and made it a 2 week spoiler. 

Maybe you should read his post again?

He wrote the site was up before there the trailer/teaser was released and not that U13 came 1 week later as supposed.

@OP: I doubt that DE will make something similar this time, the S#&$storm after the delay of U13 was to big.

I doubt it's intentional.

If anything, it's a logistics problem: Their primary AI coder is also their primary physics coder(as said by steve in the last stream).

So you've got 1 guy coding new monsters(as always), AND the new kubrow interface/AI system, AND the new ship physics, AND the golem respawn...

That's an eff of a lot of work for 1 dude, particularly as the kubrow is u14's runaway train(like melee 2.0, sentinel 2.0 keeps getting more and more complex every time they talk about it).

Also, it was mentioned that the UI team was having issues because of the rewrites of rewrites(and again, there's 2 of them, but each is the sole person working on their part), and although the basic designs and other people's parts are going along swimmingly, the last time they had a chat with Pablo, he sounded somewhat overwhelmed and was giving an impression that he had a month+ of work left.

So, basically, they could ship 14 today, but the UI and AI would be 1/2 done.

Also, Scott's in charge of the new quest system, and although he was sounding optimistic about it, he was also talking about how the rewards weren't yet implimented, and the questlines weren't yet done, and based on Rebecca's last ramblings, she's still busy recording lotus voiceovers.

So, it's gotten a lot bigger than the typical update.

Also, on top of all of that, you have to realize that the entire overhaul also means they have a ton of extra alpha testing to do. When they release a new area, all other areas still work, and can be used if the new one is broken.

When they release a new starting platform(the ship), if it's broken, there is no alternative.

Also, the ship itself has been through several revisions.That's a minor concern, but redesigning it still takes time.

Further, as they've promised before, when they have it ready, it's good to go. We've actually been getting parts of u14 early, such as the void rework. It's a big enough update that as parts of it are being pushed back, the parts planned for it that are good to go have been pushed.

I had been one of the people expecting them to be done a bit ago by now, but at the time I didn't realize how much they'd expanded the scope of what they're cramming in to it, or that they'd reinvted it all repeatedly.(Both aren't usually their style).

So, it is coming. It's just extremely ambitious.

Personally I'd absolutely wouldn't mind if they did something like this again.

It was super exciting when they did this for u13. - Despite the... well....delay of u13.

No idea if it would pay off to do it again. While I didn't mind waiting longer, a lot of people raged like mad when u13 didn't hit at the planned time.

Who knows.... they might as well do it this time... we don't know when we get u14 (it will not be on the coming wednesday they said in the devstream). So there might be enough time for the countdown thing .

Edited by WEREsandrock

Mhm... I think it's better if they'd not risk another hype train crash anytime soon. Situation is pretty intense already for various reasons... It'd be better if they'd drive home U14 safely without further incidents. That's my opinion...