Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Quanta Reloading?

Llyssa

So, curious problem with the mutalist quanta: It doesn't auto-reload when it's technically out of ammo.

What I mean: When you run out of ammo on anything else, you start reloading when you attempt to fire.

I guess(I don't actually know?) it auto-reloads when you fire it normally.

I know it auto-reloads when you hit 0 ammo from firing cubes.

However, if you hit some number between 0 and 15(say, 13, for example), and attempt to fire a cube... nothing happens.

You don't fire(obviously), but you don't reload either. You just... don't do anything.

This is particularly vexing and EXTREMELY unhelpful. I'm not one to fire my gun much, but when I do, I kind of expect it to do something. I don't appreciate the non-responsiveness, particularly as I then have to stop my fever-pitched fighting to troubleshoot what's wrong(am I lagging? Did I fire and not see it? Am I still wielding my gun? Am I out of... oh.)

It's quite unpleasant, and uncalled for. In every other case I know of, firing without enough ammo to fire forces the reload.

So, why doesn't it do it here?

my guess would be your not out of ammo? you just don't have enough to fire a cube, you can still primary fire, you just don't have the 15 rounds to fire a cube guns only auto-reload at 0 not 1 or anything above hence no auto reload even though you can't fire a cube.  

my guess would be your not out of ammo? you just don't have enough to fire a cube, you can still primary fire, you just don't have the 15 rounds to fire a cube guns only auto-reload at 0 not 1 or anything above hence no auto reload even though you can't fire a cube.  

But you can't do the altfire Cube, because you don't have the ammo. So logically, since you don't have the ammo, you should auto reload if you try to use the altfire.

Edit: That or it should indicate somehow that you don't have the ammo for the altfire, when you try to altfire without the ammo. Some audio que, or a visual que with the infested part.

Edited by Archeyef

agreed a cue that you you don't have the ammo for the altfire is needed, as far as the auto reload as i said it only happens when you are at 0 i would imagine its in the coding somewhere and as this is the first real weapon with a definitive altfire (and one that requires more than 1 ammo to be deducted to boot) the engine may not support initiating the auto reload unless the weapon is completely empty or they may not have thought about it and forgot or its a bug. it may get fine tuned (if the game engine can support it) to have this function. 

It should reload. If you don't have enough ammo to fire, then you reload.

I don't have enough ammo to fire(the cuboid), so I should be reloading. I mean, that's what it does with every other fire method, so the cube.

I think this is an oversight, because it's a tad awkward to be intentional. Everything else that uses multiple rounds merely expends the remainder of your rounds down to zero, and then reloads. This is the only thing that stops short.

Also, the fact that it's an alt-fire may be part of the problem.

Either way, it shouldn't be too hard to rewrite things so that it auto-reloads when you try to alt-fire without having enough ammo to. Especially since this problem would creep up even more often if you used magazine warp or wildfire.

Having come across this kind of thing in other games (names escape me, but situation is familiar), I would never expect it to auto-reload when you try to alt-fire with some, but not enough, of a clip remaining.

As for cues, you just pulled the trigger and nothing happened. It's pretty obvious.

Having come across this kind of thing in other games (names escape me, but situation is familiar), I would never expect it to auto-reload when you try to alt-fire with some, but not enough, of a clip remaining.

As for cues, you just pulled the trigger and nothing happened. It's pretty obvious.

Addressing the "just pulled the trigger" thing: Lag can cause you to not fire when you should (hit the key/clicked the button). It's also possible that it's a bug, somehow. Which this game has plenty of. If there is no indication beyond "oh it didn't fire," then wondering whether there's some kind of problem with the gun or the internet connection isn't unreasonable.

At the very least they should add some kind of audible or visual indicator. That's a fairly common feature of shooters. Some cue telling you "hey you can't fire this because you don't have enough ammo."