Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Infested 'assassin' Ideas!

Bipp

Hello, Fellow Tenno!

I've been thinking about ideas for this fantastic game and I think I've struck gold with this one (Apologies if someone's already had this idea.)

This new idea I have is basically an infested 'Assassin' of sorts, but not so much in the sense that you need a Death Mark to get it to appear (Because how silly is that? Brain-dead zombies using computers and sending you spam messages? u havn a giggle m8??).

There may be a few... complications with my idea, such as stealth, creating the abomination and such, but let me get to it.

Also, I have no idea about the Infested lore and such, so just because of that, it may not work.

What's it called, Key??

I've been thinking about the Wraith or Phantom or Hunter. Got a better idea? Let me know!

What is it?

This abomination is a special infested enemy that resides in the deepest reaches of it's lair that comes after Tenno should it be disturbed!

Where is it and what happens?

In ANY infested mission, The Lotus will warn you that a Wraith Lair is nearby and is blocking the path and that the only way through it is... well, through it (although, maybe not. Gotta look out for them baby tenno afterall). The Wraith's Lair will then spawn in place of an area in the map.

Tenno will have to brave the horrors (Lots of chargers, leapers, crawlers and mutie ospreys bcs dey so scarey) that lurk within it's lair to get through. While exploring the pantry in it's house, Lotus may warn you that the Wraith is active and is coming downstairs for a midnight snack.

Should this happen, you will have to stealth your way through the rest of it's lair, avoiding detection and leggin' it with the rest of it's Grin-a-bix and Corp-flakes.

Make it through the mission and you will succeed... unless of course you alert it. In that case, you gotta run (And run you will. This guy is like Phorid 'roids ON roids)

Oh flip! We've been spotted! Where do we go and what do we do?!

To put it simply, you run. You don't fight, you run for the exit. Don't forget to stop to break any boxes (Gotta keep those crates in check, yo).

Some doorways and such may grant quicker routes to an exit. Unfortunately, the Infested know the benefits of eating spinach and have done so to make super strong tendrils that block these shortcuts! In the event of the Wraith spotting you, please refer to the Doorway Clearing manual that delightfully explains how to bait the Wraith into charging at said blocked doorways to clear them.

This thing sounds pretty formidable. Is fighting it a sensible tactic?

Yeah... yeah--No.

Considering it's a big creature and you run from it in tunnels and the occasional junction where you can choose another tunnel to run down, no. It's also tough. Very tough. It spawns at HIGH levels and it doesn't play around (Unlike those Volatile Runners. You deny them hugs and they self-destruct as a result. They don't even harm you with their explosions either).

It has very high armour and a large health pool to boot. It's also fast. It's claw/leg swipes are strong enough to bruise the soft flesh under the armour of even Valkyr and it's charge attack will have you running for your life!

In short, it's a giant charging brute that'll pummel you if you're unlucky enough to be caught in it's attacks. Did I mention it's remarkable agility and it's ability to slither up walls and such?

What else... Oh great. I fell off the train (Of thought). Well, this is my idea. Your feedback would-- no wait, will be greatly appreciated!

We wanna fight it! How do we kill it?!

-Doorway Clearing Manual-

Aha, so the Tenno seek to take this abomination down, huh? I'll tell you how.

As you know, you can bait it into charging into the blocked doorways to clear them and open up shortcuts to the exit. In order to do so, you must make it angry. Really angry. Angry enough to make it try and headbutt you. At that moment, make sure that when you make it angry you are standing infront of a blocked doorway.

The Wraith will charge and break through the debris blocking the way. When this happens, The Wraith may get stuck for a while, during this time, it's vulnerable soft body will be exposed. You must shoot at it in order to damage it. Deal enough damage and the Wraith will retreat for a while, leaving you with the options to try and get out as fast as you can or to recuperate so that you can fight it again when it comes back for Round 2... and then Round 3 and then Round 4, at which point you kill it.

This ingenious idea provides challenges to every player!

-A Heart-stopping race to the exit should you choose to run

-An exhilarating battle with a monstrous creature that get's progressively harder the further through the phases you go

-Fighting is not necessary! You can fight or run whenever you like!

(Well, I fell off the train (Of thought) again. I'll update more as I come up with it.)

LET'S GET MORE EPIC CONTENT IN THIS GAME!!

Your Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Apologies for no concept art. Art and drawing is Not a strong point of mine.

Edited by Keybopsef

+1 for not requiring to have a deathmark to encounter it. Would imagine it as a random event, where the Lotus would broadcast "Tenno, I have detected an unknown Infested unit in your vicinity. Your previous objective is not your priority, get to the extraction point ASAP. Readings indicate high levels of toxicity that may prove fatal. The mission's at stake, fall back for now.." or something like that. Occurrence is highly affected by the node (high level map = high probability of it being spawned). 

One way of making Tennos really run towards the exit is to have a mechanic similar to the Harvester but more... rage-inducing. Let's say you get gimped by it, the player can't use said frame for X minutes as it is contaminated with unknown toxins or what-not and you have to... get it to the dryers or something :D. Kidding aside, the penalty for getting killed by it should be new and rage-inducing to be compelling enough IMHO.

+1 for not requiring to have a deathmark to encounter it. Would imagine it as a random event, where the Lotus would broadcast "Tenno, I have detected an unknown Infested unit in your vicinity. Your previous objective is not your priority, get to the extraction point ASAP. Readings indicate high levels of toxicity that may prove fatal. The mission's at stake, fall back for now.." or something like that. Occurrence is highly affected by the node (high level map = high probability of it being spawned). 

One way of making Tennos really run towards the exit is to have a mechanic similar to the Harvester but more... rage-inducing. Let's say you get gimped by it, the player can't use said frame for X minutes as it is contaminated with unknown toxins or what-not and you have to... get it to the dryers or something :D. Kidding aside, the penalty for getting killed by it should be new and rage-inducing to be compelling enough IMHO.

That's a good idea, but may not be viable for those of us who are less experienced in this game. Especially the lucky (or Unlucky) newer players that may encounter it with their only frame only to end up dying and then not being able to play. Other than that, some sort of debuff (similar to the G3 bolt except it doesn't last forever) would certainly be a good idea! Thanks for the feedback :D

Would it follow you out of its layer, or is it sessile, like a serpentine body impacted somewhere in a wall or ceiling that grants it control over all the Infested mass in its lair but prevents it from exiting said lair?

A most excellent question! It is sessile and functions a bit like a... rubber band. It stretches it's way through it's lair in order to hunt you down and break your finger bones. I'll post more info about tactics to defeat it soon. Once I think of them.

A most excellent question! It is sessile and functions a bit like a... rubber band. It stretches it's way through it's lair in order to hunt you down and break your finger bones. I'll post more info about tactics to defeat it soon. Once I think of them.

I imagine causing it to double-back upon itself could have some negative consequences for it, a la "Snake".

I imagine causing it to double-back upon itself could have some negative consequences for it, a la "Snake".

Well, that couldn't really happen. I mean, it's constructed this lair so it would obviously know where to go... BUT, I can always count on the cunningness of the Tenno to find a way to defeat it. I'll update the post with combat tactics

Well, that couldn't really happen. I mean, it's constructed this lair so it would obviously know where to go... BUT, I can always count on the cunningness of the Tenno to find a way to defeat it. I'll update the post with combat tactics

Well, even so depending on how elaborate a maze its lair is it would have to back up in order to go down certain paths, and that would be something that the players could exploit to at least evade it a little longer.