Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Join Friend Sessions Failed?

(PSN)Calico_kitty

Question

5 answers to this question

it has to do with their internet/motem/firewall many people have the same problem like my friend on the PC. not sure if its the same problem but its all the ideas i have. it has some sort of error with the internet ports. sorry if i am wrong

It's a very likely chance that your friend has strict nat, which would make him unable to join a very wide range of game sessions. It's also possible that the ping between you and him is too large for him to join, though I do find it unlikely.

what do you mean by strict nat?

Strict NAT is a type of Network Address Translation.

There are three NAT types

1)Open

2)Moderate

3)Strict

Open NAT types can connect to any of the three NAT types, and is the least common NAT type. Moderate NAT type can connect to both open and moderate NAT types. and is the most common type. Strict NAT can only connect to Open NAT. Since most people have Moderate NAT, Strict NAT types can not connect to them, as they can only connect to open NAT types.

I've had issues since 13 came out. Never had these issues before. People I've never had issues connecting with are constantly failing to join since then, and me them. It's incredibly frustrating. I have 20mbps in my apt, and 15 on a really bad day, and we corrected the Nat settings a very long time ago. There shouldn't be a problem, but there is. Wish I had advice.