Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does Affinity Gain Work? And Increasing Loot

UnknownBlademaster

Question

So, I was wondering. Do you get affinity ONLY for killing/being nearby when enemies die, completing the objectives given to you at the start of the mission or collecting the affinity orbs? Do you get affinity for dealing damage, taking damage, do the graphs affect affinity gain?

Also, I've recently saw a guy just do an animation like when reviving, but over some mods (there were 2 I believe), and when he stopped they like exploded (went flying) and then ended up splitting into a total of 7. He did it multiple times during that mission (over everything - ammo drops, orbs, even credits), but when I asked in group chat and even PM'd him he said nothing. Is this a hack or some special ability?

2 answers to this question

That is Nekros' Desecrate ability, which causes additional drops to pop up from enemies. You gain XP for killing, being around killed enemies, reviving, objectives, pick ups and some other things I quite forgot but at the end it displays the bonus XP you get from other players but also shows bonus XP from boosters if you have any.

Affinity, you get each time an item you have equipped levels up, which gives 200 per level up for a frame and 100 per level up for anything else.  Note that excludes anything that has been forma'd or is not unique, you cannot just keep buying bratons and levelling another to gain affinity.

XP, which levels your equipped items, you get it by killing mobs with weapons or abilties

Shared XP being near others who kill mobs with weapons or abilities, so yes that Nova in team is Not in fact stealing kills