Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros As A Farmer (Insert Cow Joke Here*)

(PSN)LeviathanTM

Question

Please give me some help with this build. I have been trying to use Nekros as my farmer based on Desecrate
However,I always run into never having taken enough damage to obtain heath/energy so I am unable to continue using Desecrate until I obtain more.  

Desecrate

Vitality 

Master thief 

Equilibrium 

Stretch 

I do not like using Rage because it always ends up taking to MUCH damage before I can obtain health. 

19 answers to this question

All i can say is, maybe no Master Thief, instead you would like Natural Talent as it speeds up the casting speed of Desecrate, (also if you haven't maxed out the Desecrate ability, do that because it is so much better!)

The key is in reducing the cost of desecrate. You need to install Streamline and Fleeting Expertise, it will make it cost 1/4 as much as it does now, so you can cast 4x as much using the same energy.

Desecrate, Overextended, Redirection, Vitality, Energy Siphon Aura, Stretch, Terrify, Streamline, and Soul Punch is the build I always use. Hasn't failed me yet. If I add an eighth mod (after putting a forma on nekros) it will be Rage or Natural Talent.

(Assume all mods are maxed)

Might be better builds, but this one works for me

Just full build Desecrate if you want to be credit to team.

Skills: Desecrate

-               Stretch, Overextend

-               Streamline, Fleeting Expertise

-               Misc. Survivability mods (Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, Vigor, Fast Deflection)

desecrate now pops for 7~8 energy and covers pretty much everything everywhere until the end of time (seriously the range on it is now stupid huge)

P.S. SPAM desecrate. Don't cast once and assume that's all you'll get. Desecrate can be cast over and over until there are no remaining desecrate-able ragdolls/bodies left. Expect to use it 5~10 times consecutively if your team has just wiped out a big wave of enemies.

Edited by Letter13

http://goo.gl/R6Mu7q

I personally use this build because that's all you really need for teaming with other players. They'll expect you to be spamming that 3-button like your life depended on it and to keep up with them at the same time. I suggest bringing powerful weapons with you with this build, as you'll have no offensive capabilities in terms of powers, because they are forma'd out. 

EDIT: you can also switch out Marathon for Terrify (for sticky situations) or Thief's Wit (finding all of the things you've Desecrated out of the enemies)

Edited by APBladeX

Just full build Desecrate if you want to be credit to team.

Skills: Desecrate

-               Stretch, Overextend

-               Streamline, Fleeting Expertise

-               Misc. Survivability mods (Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, Vigor, Fast Deflection)

desecrate now pops for 7~8 energy and covers pretty much everything everywhere until the end of time (seriously the range on it is now stupid huge)

P.S. SPAM desecrate. Don't cast once and assume that's all you'll get. Desecrate can be cast over and over until there are no remaining desecrate-able ragdolls/bodies left. Expect to use it 5~10 times consecutively if your team has just wiped out a big wave of enemies.

The only question I have to that is that I find the body of a fallen enemy has to be fresh (within 2-3 seconds of death) before Desecrate does not work. 

COW JOKE

hahaha! #WINNER

The only question I have to that is that I find the body of a fallen enemy has to be fresh (within 2-3 seconds of death) before Desecrate does not work. 

Really? My desecrate works for nearly 10 seconds after an enemy dies, even after their body disappears (they still have an invisible 'ragdoll' that remains invisible for a while).

Just keep spamming it until you can't spam it anymore.

Really? My desecrate works for nearly 10 seconds after an enemy dies, even after their body disappears (they still have an invisible 'ragdoll' that remains invisible for a while).

Just keep spamming it until you can't spam it anymore.

gotcha...maybe this is something that differs from PC and PS4

Desecrate, Overextended, Redirection, Vitality, Energy Siphon Aura, Stretch, Terrify, Streamline, and Soul Punch is the build I always use. Hasn't failed me yet. If I add an eighth mod (after putting a forma on nekros) it will be Rage or Natural Talent.

(Assume all mods are maxed)

Might be better builds, but this one works for me

Uhm isn't Terrify currently useless on that build? Don't you require strength to increase the number of enemies that can be effected vut with an overextended isn't it bad?

Uhm isn't Terrify currently useless on that build? Don't you require strength to increase the number of enemies that can be effected vut with an overextended isn't it bad?

i think str only affects how much thier armor is reduced

Correct, in general don't use Terrify when using OE. I would also consider slotting at least Intensify if you use it a lot. Most nekros builds will want OE installed, but you *can* go without it if you've got a team that sticks together or you're really good at positioning yourself properly. Not using OE frees up a slot, and allows you to use abilities like Terrify or SotD more effectively.

I dislike terrify in general because there's no targeting priority, so if there's enough mobs within range theres no guarantee that the one you want to fear will be affected. I have seen it used well as general CC but its not as effective as other frame's options.

Correct, in general don't use Terrify when using OE. I would also consider slotting at least Intensify if you use it a lot. Most nekros builds will want OE installed, but you *can* go without it if you've got a team that sticks together or you're really good at positioning yourself properly. Not using OE frees up a slot, and allows you to use abilities like Terrify or SotD more effectively.

I dislike terrify in general because there's no targeting priority, so if there's enough mobs within range theres no guarantee that the one you want to fear will be affected. I have seen it used well as general CC but its not as effective as other frame's options.

ok so this brings up another question regarding MODS then 

What is the difference between

Intensify

Flow

and

Streamline

I mean I know what they SAY, but what does it mean?  

ok so this brings up another question regarding MODS then 

What is the difference between

Intensify

Flow

and

Streamline

I mean I know what they SAY, but what does it mean?  

intensify=power strength

more power strength for terrify=more targets, and more armor reduced

more power strength for Shadows of the dead= more shadows summoned

Flow=increases max energy pool

streamline=makes all skills use less energy

Nope, it's about ten seconds. The body may not be visible, but it is still there.

Its always on the wiki...

Below are the time spans needed for a corpse to completely disintegrate. Use these for reference:

• Grineer and Corpus' corpses will disintegrate in 15 seconds.
  • Infested corpes will disintegrate in 5 seconds.
  • Corpses from enemies affected with Molecular Prime will disintegrate in 3 seconds.

Nova and Nekros are not friends, so leave her at home when you go out farming.

OP, spam desecrate like your life depends on it as you don't need to see a corpse for it to work.  When you get 'Invalid Target' then you are done.  On a 30-40 wave ODD it is not unreasonable to descecrate 400-500 times if you are doing your job.