Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should You Have A Kubrow? A Frame By Frame Analysis

WindBlade

So, with Kubrows coming soon, it has to be asked whether or not each frame is a good fit as a Kubrow owner or not. Heres my frame by frame analysis of whether a Kubrow is for you (with som e assumptions of dog/wolf analogue.

Ash - This is one of those that could go either way. Ash is the exemplification of ninja, and ninjas work alone. Except when they look badass with a wolf/dog sidekick. So, your choice really

Banshee - No. Your sonic based powers are going to be a bit much for the sensitive hearing dogs are known for

Ember - No. Do you have any idea how bad singed fur smells?

Excalibur - Yes. Radial javelin is great for playing fetch.

Frost - Yes. Nothing says arctic warrior than having a furry beasty by your side. Maybe wait for Saint Bernard or Husky variants though.

Hydroid - No. You have a parrot already , don't be greedy!

Loki - Yes. The enhanced sense of smell will add a fun dimension to invisibility aided hide and seek

Mag - Yes. Crush plus some neaby grineer is great for playing fetch.

Nova - Yes. Null star is great for playing fetch, and wormhole is a great cheat for walkies.

Nekros - No. Therees a decidedly boney aspect to your frames design. Bones and dogs, not a good combo.

Nyx - Possibly. On the upside, you'll know just when to put him outside before you have any accidents.

Oberon - Yes. Your a blooming nature spirit blokey. You bloody well should have one or you not being proper.

Rhino - Yes. Just remember to let go of the lead before Charging

Saryn - No. Your noxious and virulent abilities tend to pong a bit, not fair on an animal known for a sensitive nose. Plus dogs have a tendency to eat anything they come across, not a good trait when your flinging toxic spores around.

Trinity - Yes. No pricey vet bills, as your abilities handle all that. Wait for a St Bernard variant for the proper look of things if possible.

Valkyr - Maybe. Ripline makes a handy lead, though can cause some unfortunate accidents. Bastet helm is a definite no-no though, its 'ears' and bell on its collar may cause some confusion as to whether they should be following you or chasing you.

Vauban - Yes. All your abilities involve throwing balls. You do the math.

Volt Yes. - Speed is great for walkies, though you may want to wait for Greyhound variant

Zephyr - No. You entire theme is flight and mobility. Even the most faithful of hound is going to sit there with an expression that says 'how am I supposed to get there?' as you zoom into the rafters. Also, if you're shot by a sniper in mid-air, he may end up dragging you to the shooter.

Can Frost have a giant white Direwolf like Kubrow along with another companion that says "You know nothing Frost!"?

Only if Ember gers a demonic Cerberus looking one with devil horns that breathes fire and calls out "Houndoom!" every once in a while.

I forget if Kubrows were mentioned in the devstream on the 4th......but since they seem to be coming soon, will they be customizable?  Hope I don't sound like I'm asking for too much here, but customization is always a nice feature to have.  Maybe Kubrows can have body-plates like Warframes can?  They'd be aesthetic, though, and won't have an effect on stats....though now that I mentioned stats......naw I'll leave that for now.

I forget if Kubrows were mentioned in the devstream on the 4th......but since they seem to be coming soon, will they be customizable?  Hope I don't sound like I'm asking for too much here, but customization is always a nice feature to have.  Maybe Kubrows can have body-plates like Warframes can?  They'd be aesthetic, though, and won't have an effect on stats....though now that I mentioned stats......naw I'll leave that for now.

Kubrows have innate traits that are dominate and recessive. These traits can be traded with someone else to create a different Kubrow with a mixture of these traits.

Saryn - No. Your noxious and virulent abilities tend to pong a bit, not fair on an animal known for a sensitive nose. Plus dogs have a tendency to eat anything they come across, not a good trait when your flinging toxic spores around.

Infested Kubrow, maybe?

Can Frost have a giant white Direwolf like Kubrow along with another companion that says "You know nothing Frost!"?

I'd suggest Ember Prime for the part of the "other companion". Her flaming red hair seems to fit well. At least that's how I imagine Ember's hair below the helmet.

What Frost knows:

99% nothing

1% where to put the bubble.

Edited by MeduSalem

I'd suggest Ember Prime for the part of the "other companion". Her flaming red hair seems to fit well. At least that's how I imagine Ember's hair below the helmet.

What Frost knows:

99% nothing

1% where to put the bubble.

I dunno, I'm kind of thinking that Ember Prime would be on the side of the World with a huge army and marching the wrong way with it to derp around in a city that no one cares about instead of just going to the main capital place to kick &#! and win back the Rubidium Throne.