Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Primary

(PSN)nightwingchowder

Question

21 answers to this question

Soma and Boltor Prime are your top tier. Everything else is less damage or more specialized for close range/burst/sniping etc. 

Ignis and Amperex are good anti-crowd weapons, if you have a decent pistol to pair them with.

I know this is on the redundant topic of "Best primary weapon" when i guess the concern is "Which should i aim for next" after mentioning some low tier starter weapons. Yes, the Boltor Prime is the best primary weapon in the game, Soma is referred to as the "poor mans" Boltor Prime.

As far as secondary, Yes, i'm pretty sure the Brakk is a great weapon and i've gotten one and yes it does alot of nice damage. I would like to know how it compares to the Akbronco Prime as i have a suspicion of if it's basically the same thing. But that's close combat. I've heard the Stug was good, the Angstrum was as far as i know another top tier secondary.

JUST TO ADD if the concern here was "I've leveled Account Level 1 weapons what should i go for next" then please specify next time. When your rank 2, Boltor from the MARKET is going to be your best weapon until you hit rank 4. Once rank 4, spend time doing T3 or T4 Mobile Defense (MD) missions for the Boltor Prime Blueprint (as it's the hardest thing you need to get compared to how you can get the actual parts) and if you reach rank 6 before getting THAT then get the Soma ASAP. If you can't beat up G3 (for the Brakk) and can't seem to get them Bronco Primes or the Akbronco Prime, i'd recommend the Stug, or the Angstrum (both from MARKET). I've heard the Duel Cestra's (Bp for is from Dojo, single weapon you need x2 from MARKET) is a decent weapon until then. If you can get the Marelok get it (from dojo).

I don't know that much about melee weapons, you need to be rank 6 to get the Nikana which requires a forma to build and Bp of which is from the dojo. Then rank 8 you can put it into building the Dragon Nikana which you get Bp from MARKET. Orthos Prime all the way.

Necessary mods: Shred, Serration, Split Chamber, Rifle Ammo Mutation, Metal Augar, Stormbringer, Heavy Calibur, and all similar mods to the aftermentioned.

Anytime you can get a Forma Blueprint, Orokin Reactor Blueprint, or Catalyst Reactor Blueprint, get one. Even if you have no idea what to do with it.

Weapons from dojo you'll ever need: Duel Cestra Bp, Marelok, Nikana.

Hope this was helpful and anyone with a different opinion please don't flame me, i'm just trying to be helpful with some useful information.

Edited by MageSkeleton

Marelok is your best choice for a secondary. There's also the Brakk, but it does less damage per shot and has falloff damage. It does have a faster fire rate and reload speed though, so it's best for close range encounters. For all around use, Marelok's the best. there's also the Angstrum, if you are going for pure damage.

Any gun with decent spread and punch through mod is better than Ignis. Ignis's DPS is at the level of Braton's.

This is true, but it's is a VERY misleading comment.

Even the best weapons with the best builds that everyone calls OP like Boltor Prime are only 3-5 times as much damage as Ignis, so if you're hitting six targets you're on par with them. An AR is a versatile weapon and I do recommend punch-through, but comparing it to Ignis burning entire tiles at a time is not really meaningful. 

OK, now all I need is another secondary.

2d0e9b8d56.jpg

Accept no substitutes.

Also Flux Rifle was ruined by Continuous weapon "fix" a long time ago, Supra takes an insane amount of dedication and work to be somewhat mediocre.

Edited by Arabaxus

OK, now all I need is another secondary.

2d0e9b8d56.jpg

Accept no substitutes.

Also Flux Rifle was ruined by Continuous weapon "fix" a long time ago, Supra takes an insane amount of dedication and work to be somewhat mediocre.

MARELOCK FOR DAYZ! 

Marelock for Pres! 

Marelock have mah babiez! 

:)

Okay, I got the Soma, Boltor Prime, and now I'm building something from the Corpus energy lab in the clan dojo. I want the Flux Rifle, but I heard the Supra is better for damage dealing. Which one?

If you want a Corpus tech weapon, Amprex is better, imo. Also, Flux Rifle isn't that great. Supra is nice with the correct build, but it's not an end-tier rifle.

In my opinion there are 4 top tier primaries. Boltor prime, soma, amprex and synapse. Although I don't recommend amprex or synapse due to the amount of formas you need to make them op. My personal favorite is Boltor prime, because I don't like the wind up of the soma. However amprex can deliver the highest dps but I'd still recommend Boltor for raw and sustained damage.