Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Hydroid Build

Nintenn064

Question

17 answers to this question

It's good to balance the duration on hydroid, because when you cast an ability it's locked on that position until the timer runs out, which can be problematic if you need to move from location to location and suddenly get overwhelmed

What I change:

Take Fleeting Expertise down one rank, And Increase Streamline by one rank.

It'll help you with your duration.

I have a max Streamline so that's one problem out but I'll have to get ahold of another Fleeting Expertise to do this.

It's good to balance the duration on hydroid, because when you cast an ability it's locked on that position until the timer runs out, which can be problematic if you need to move from location to location and suddenly get overwhelmed

So should I decrease the duration so i can recast when needed or keep it as is?

I went without tidal surge.

I found a maxed narrow minded to be useful to counteract the effects of fleeting expertise. Narrow Minded is my only duration mod on him.

With less range (from narrow minded), your 1 and 4 powers becomes more focus which is what I prefer as his powers become more accurate instead of randomly hitting a wide area. His 3 is not affected by the range reduction.

With a maxed narrow minded and r4 fleeting expertise, I found my sweet spot (his powers neither last too long nor too short). Your mileage may differ..

Edit : narrow minded should be your first choice as far as duration mods are concerned..

Edited by (PS4)friedricetheman

OP, whut, you didn't leave Undertow in your build? :D

On a serious note, I've built mine much the same way, though I've found less of an emphasis on duration to be quite beneficial. Natural Talent is also really handy to keep that spam-ability going. Here is a print-screen of my setup:

hydroid_zpse6c8c1ed.jpg

Edited by Dualice

Personally I like to drop the duration mods entirely for more damage and drop tidal surge (maybe barrage too) for undertow.

Huh, similar to what Dualice posted. http://goo.gl/HvvTzj with the last slot either Constitution if you want more duration, Stretch for a larger range, or Natural Talent for easier spammability of Barrage.

Edit: or both and don't use BR? http://goo.gl/N2pS3A

Edited by Darzk

Nice. Strength build could prove pretty useful, especially with Tentacle Swarm.

I never thought of forma-ing one of the ability slots; I tend to use all four abilities on Hydroid quite frequently. Not many 'frames where that happens!

Edited by Dualice

All builds posted so far seem nice. I should give Natural Talent a try.

I'm still a tad iffy on dropping Tidal Surge. It's a nice as a travel tool and it knocks enemies down much more consistently than Tempest Barrage, but I use the latter quite often too.

I prefer having negative Power Range now after testing it. Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm become more focused and hit their targets easier.

Nice. I like the "more damage in a smaller range" concept. Tentacle Swarm must be especially potent now!

It's good to find fellow Hydroid enthusiasts. Don't generally see too many in-game.

P.S. 'grats if you got your Blind Rage and Narrow Minded to those levels - that's a lotta credits/cores!

Nice. I like the "more damage in a smaller range" concept. Tentacle Swarm must be especially potent now!

It's good to find fellow Hydroid enthusiasts. Don't generally see too many in-game.

P.S. 'grats if you got your Blind Rage and Narrow Minded to those levels - that's a lotta credits/cores!

My Blind Rage is there but my Narrow Minded hasn't reached max rank yet. I'm working on it though lol.

Blind Rage was because I couldn't think of anything better at the moment, so I figure I slap some more damage on Tentacle Swarm.