Bronco Prime Vs Akbronco Prime Vs Other?

WatsItFoxSixx

Question

Hey Fellow Tenno,

I'm curious as to which to build as a Secondary. Before I start naming which I'd like to build or hear of your opinions. I'd like to list what secondary's I have and had and share my opinion on them to help give you insight which I should build or re-build persay'

Currently I own.  Hikou and Angstrum.  In the Process of leveling the Cestra into Dual Cestra's.  

The Hikou has been Forma'd Once with Cata.  And I quite enjoy it however it seems to lack in damage. Or I just fail to mod. Possibly going to sell it at down the line.

Angstrum has been Forma'd Four times with Cata.  And I just love every bit of it. Of course there is this slight issue of accidental suicide. But that's to be expected with a Heavy Explosive weapon.

Cestra. Into Dual Cestras.  I loathe this weapon. I just don't find it enjoyable. Maybe cause It has no Forma and no Cata. But Even then. I still seem to hate it. I will mostly likely get my Mastery Exp then sell it as soon as it gets to 30 and will probably not build Dual unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Now to quickly name off the rest I had built and then sold. 
Despair(Enjoyed)
Bolto(Loved),
AkBolto(Loved Ever more),
Lex(Loved),
Kunai(Love/Hate Relationship),
Seer(I did hate it. But the more I think about it. It was pretty good)
Sicarus(Not for me. Was terrible with it)
Magnus(Mixed Opinons.)
Stug(Love/Hate deal.)
Kraken(Hated. Just down right Hated)
Tysis(Didn't really enjoy)

By now you're looking at this completely bored out of your mind. 

But Should I build the Bronco Prime. Then Maybe Akbronco Prime.
Is the Akbronco Prime that great? Out of the Two Which is stronger?. Do I just build one? Or do both?.

OR.  Did I skip it all. And build something else. Like Marelok or <Insert your opinion here>

What are some of your thoughts on Secondary's. Which do you prefer. Why do you prefer these and Which are considered to be "End Game" Secondary's.

Sorry to bore all of you c :   (Inb4 A Wild Grammar Nazi Appears)

11 answers to this question

oddly enough, akbronco prime does the same damage as a regular bronco, so if you were to build akbronco prime, or bronco prime, I'd suggest just building bronco prime.

As for suggestion on secondaries, I liked the castanas but you'll have a love/hate relationship as the castanas can kill you, but it's harder to hurt yourself with them (but they work like kunais)

I also liked the akstilletos because they looked cool, but are really poor damage wise. Brakk/detron aren't bad choices, but brakk has falloff (but still the highest DPS of all weapons IIRC) If you liked the lex, you might like the aklex obv. Other than that, vasto/akvastos are pretty solid weapons too.

I never built the Bronco prime, but I had the regular Bronco/akbronco

The single Bronco in my opinion was better then the Akbronco because of reasons

/but screw the broncos unless you want mastery because the Marelock kicks butt

I like the brakk, castanas, twin gremlins 

Edited by beatswork

So here's the thing about the bronco series. All of them, primes, non primes, dual, are all terrible. God I hated them. Almost as much as I hated the Prova.
To be fair.
I don't like shotguns.
I think if you try to use a shotgun in an end-game mission, you're wrong, and you're going to die.
Correction

Shotguns in endgame scenarios are terrible. You will lose.
The broncos are even worse. Even if you consider that they don't have direct damage falloff, the spread is so bad that past 10 feet it's useless.
The damage isn't even high enough to make up for that. They're just terrible.
Honestly, if you REALLY want a hand shotgun, the Brakk or the Detron are going to be your weapons of choice.
Honestly though, if you want a semi-auto secondary, (ak)Bolto or Marelok.

So here's the thing about the bronco series. All of them, primes, non primes, dual, are all terrible. God I hated them. Almost as much as I hated the Prova.

To be fair.

I don't like shotguns.

I think if you try to use a shotgun in an end-game mission, you're wrong, and you're going to die.

Correction

Shotguns in endgame scenarios are terrible. You will lose.

The broncos are even worse. Even if you consider that they don't have direct damage falloff, the spread is so bad that past 10 feet it's useless.

The damage isn't even high enough to make up for that. They're just terrible.

Honestly, if you REALLY want a hand shotgun, the Brakk or the Detron are going to be your weapons of choice.

Honestly though, if you want a semi-auto secondary, (ak)Bolto or Marelok.

Thank you for the Insight,  So they aren't exactly "End Game" Weapons by the sound of this.  The Damage does interest me however...  I know I had the Hek, Strun, and Sobek and hated all of them.   Hek i will give credit.  It was pretty fun actually. Granted this was when it was a Top Tier weapon.

Brakk is up on my "To Do List". And Marelok is in the foundry. Just waiting to click that build button.   But I do appreciate your In-put Coatduck.  I may go back to the AkBolto.   I'll just wait and see for a bit. Get some more input.

As for everyone else. Thank you for the Input. Greatly Appreciated.  c :

Thank you for the Insight,  So they aren't exactly "End Game" Weapons by the sound of this.  The Damage does interest me however...  I know I had the Hek, Strun, and Sobek and hated all of them.   Hek i will give credit.  It was pretty fun actually. Granted this was when it was a Top Tier weapon.

Brakk is up on my "To Do List". And Marelok is in the foundry. Just waiting to click that build button.   But I do appreciate your In-put Coatduck.  I may go back to the AkBolto.   I'll just wait and see for a bit. Get some more input.

As for everyone else. Thank you for the Input. Greatly Appreciated.  c :

They are indeed far from endgame. Brakk and Detron, Maybe . . . With enough forma.

Anyway I aim to please.

I love using Akbolto. I've got a flywheel on my mouse, so if I click a button to unlock it and then spin my scroll wheel, it goes for about 20-40 seconds. I have the down scroll rigged to be a secondary fire button, so for big targets I just unlock the wheel and give it a spin, and suddenly the weapon becomes this cool charge gun that requires some IRL maneuvering to activate. Much more fun than a hotkey, and also you can actually use it's insane fire rate to mow down enemies like no other. Basically a pocket Boltor Prime.

Bronco Prime vs. Akbronco Prime - Single Bronco Prime. The Akbronco costs significantly more and is less powerful. It has no range drop off, so Seeker is a good match for it. I'm fine with using it to whittle down larger groups in the void, but I also pair it with something like the latron prime so I have some variety.

Aklex - You loved the lex, and this is two of them. There's very little, if any, accuracy loss.

Lex Prime - A stronger lex, with enough crit to be worth putting on the two crit mods. I've used it just fine in T3 survival.

Marelok - Probably the best ranged secondary for a single target, very strong, decent fire rate.

Detron - One of the few weapons that can do Radiation + Corrosive + Cold to exploit every void weakness, no range fall off so it's another one for Seeker, and you can keep your lunch in it.

Akmagnus - Spammy crit build pistols, with sparkly frames and a cool sound. The crits on them are actually very effective, and their status chance is pretty high too.