Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think Is The Big News That's Going To Be Revealed At Gamescon On 15 Aug In Germany?

The interesting thing they mentioned on the stream was they would have to try and get this thing done for August 15. So it does not like it will be the "announcement" of a thing only. They could do that any time with no worry of it being finished in time. It was clear they are making something to be shown on August 15. 

I am thinking new game mode/game-play feature. 

Full on MOBA mode would make sense. 

What we have seen so far for the Dark sectors pvp mode is sort of MOBA style but it is more of an assault game mode style as one side attacks and one side defends. 

TBH though unless we get some more info on Focus system and Proxy wars I will be disappointed. This was promised, back in January, to be the year of Lore and the year of Endgame. Three endgame projects were promised: Badlands (renamed Dark sectors), Proxy War and Focus system. To date we have seen one of those having its first implementation (dark sectors), and it has been a good start but needing more which has already been shown to be coming.

So dark sectors are OK (minus goal/burnout) and look to be going strong. The other two projects have not gotten anywhere. Maybe you can say quest system will help Proxy wars, however until we see more factions that is just rumour. 

Sadly we shall have to wait and see. 

U14 Dark Sectors PvP, New Frame, New UI, Player Ships, Kubrows.

Wat? U14 will be long released....they already said that only this week seems unlikely even though they wanted to put it out this wednesday...thus a normal person would conclude that it will happen on the 16th of this month.

Not to mention all this was "teased" and shown already...they said that it's going to be something new and big.

Edited by Shehriazad

I'd guess:

- New faction entering the solarsystem or a new solar system alltogether or something in that direction

- Proxywars & Storymode / Focus-system / DarkSector Expansion with PvP stuff

- SpaceHubs and/or Clan/Alliance-Battleships or something like that.

- Acquisition through PW and integration of their bullsh*t to the Warframe Universe.

At first I'd laugh like a maniac. Then angrily shut down the stream and uninstall the game. Then I'd cry in a corner.

The only thing I could think of that would be such a big reveal that they can't talk about it would be a new enemy faction, or a whole bunch of new places to fight.  Proxy Wars is also a possibility.

Assuming that their "big reveal" is something that the community has little to no information on, and as such, wouldn't expect it.

You can't force a competitive game. You can built one and hope people come, or you can let people build it themselves and then just write the code to support it. If you try to force a game into e-sports your asking for it to backfire bad.

The Dark Sector assault mode is a good first step in a PvP direction that 'could' work, if it the player base picks up on it. However Warframe itself is just to variable to allow ALL combinations of Warframes and equipment from the PvE side. If you want a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena version of Warframe it really does need to be built and balanced separately.

The better solution is NOT death match. Objective based gameplay allows people to use a variety of strengths to achieve the goals without necessarily needing raw kill power. And where Death is not a major penalty. This is NOT how the majority of MOBAs on the market are built. Death is heavy penalized, with long respawns and significant advantage going Killers. At the very least this is the old Domination and Assault game modes from UT 2004. I know people like the idea of Death Match, but Warframe really isn't built for it. Most MOBAs when you distill them are Team Death Match with some seudo-progression fluff which creates a steam-roller affect. A few have Domination modes.

If you want to look at a game, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the clearest example of Assault/Objective based play out at the moment.

Warfarme needs to stay as far away from Death Match as it can. Frankly the MOBA market is over saturated with Death Match.

I hope it's about the MOBA frame pvp game mode they've talked about. That's gonna be so amazing to have a reveal

You do realize that the first iteration of that mode is coming with U14 right?

And they it sounds like a brand new reveal. They said it's the biggest feature/batch of content they will have revealed yet. A new mode we know about already doesn't fit the bill.

Edited by SolidSp33d

My guess is, barring U14 is out by the time they go to Gamescon, is that Warframe is "Officially" no longer in Beta

They said they are revealing content.

And it will probably be another year before Warframe is out of beta. They still aren't close to getting in the features and fixing the problems they need to for the definitive 1.0 of Warframe.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Actually I think they have, very sneakily, mentioned the sentients in the stream before and maybe finding out more about the orokins.

They did, but I don't recall which one.

I think somebody said they let it slip they were doing some basic designs.

*RUMOURS*

Edited by MageMeat

Introduction of the fourth race.

Big event where Vor takes over Pluto and tries to use the Solar Bridge the Corpus built. After building the Bridge, the Corpus have actually been trying to shut it down/contain it because something was trying to enter from the other side. Vor doesn't know this and starts it up. Here comes the fourth race.

Side note: Art director stated that the fourth race was the weirdest one yet. They probably look like water/gel people but that's just my theory.