Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need To Add In A Type Of Punishing/reporting System.

matteater

Just wasted 30 minutes in a void survival only to have the host purposely end the session because we werent taking orders like he wanted us to do. He claimed we werent working as a team even though we were 30 minutes in doing just fine, he didnt like the communication so he can just leave and end it for all of us then just go back to recruiting channel and start another one? Sounds like a spoiled kid to me, doesnt get something his way then he throws a temper tantrum and makes everyone suffer. I feel like there should be some kind of reporting system to help weed out players like him who are just toxic to the game and make it unenjoyable for the other players.

He lost his key anyway. - Recent update, 5+ mins and the host loses key on abort.

This is a problem unique to survival missions. In defence, you keep all the rewards at the last vote when the mission ends prematurely. All other gametypes are short enough to not be that big a deal.

Introducing a punishment system would make more trouble than it would save. The game has a lot of connection problems and crashes, and detecting the difference between a crash and a quit is not always possible.

Edited by Kthal

He lost his key anyway. - Recent update, 5+ mins and the host loses key on abort.

This is a problem unique to survival missions. In defence, you keep all the rewards at the last vote when the mission ends prematurely. All other gametypes are short enough to not be that big a deal.

Introducing a punishment system would make more trouble than it would save. The game has a lot of connection problems and crashes, and detecting the difference between a crash and a quit is not always possible.

This doesn't apply to survival? I was certain this had happened when joining all those guys farming just to be thrust out at 40 mins.

The fact is, he threw a temper tantrum because we weren't taking his orders. It was a T! Survival and we were facerolling it easily and he was freaking out for no reason. He stated "idont forget its my key i make the calls here" and when someone replied "Just bc its your key doesnt mean we have to sit here and take your bullcrap" he apparently didnt like that and rage quit ending the session.

The fact is, he threw a temper tantrum because we weren't taking his orders. It was a T! Survival and we were facerolling it easily and he was freaking out for no reason. He stated "idont forget its my key i make the calls here" and when someone replied "Just bc its your key doesnt mean we have to sit here and take your bullcrap" he apparently didnt like that and rage quit ending the session.

The issue is, complaining about one player doesn't call to potentially punish all players. And again, it WAS his key. He holds no obligation to bring you through the entire mission. You were there for the ride, however much you dislike it.

I generally appease my keytakers by appearing to take their orders, even if they aren't even good ones; no one has a bad time this way.

The issue is, complaining about one player doesn't call to potentially punish all players. And again, it WAS his key. He holds no obligation to bring you through the entire mission. You were there for the ride, however much you dislike it.

I generally appease my keytakers by appearing to take their orders, even if they aren't even good ones; no one has a bad time this way.

Yeah i get that, but he shouldnt be able to just waste 3 other peoples time because he didnt like how we were playing. Also he was pretty much getting the ride from us seeing as we all had double his kills.

It may have been his key and he may have been the one hosting.
I still consider it an A****** move. 
If you're going to be a complete $&*^wad and tell people that it's 'your key' and 'you make the shots' then you shouldn't be hosting a random session with completely random people. Set it up with friends or ones you work well with.

Anyway 
What made him want to quit the mission at 30 40 minutes OP? Were you guys spread around the map instead of sticking together or something? 

Edited by Verre

Yeah i get that, but he shouldnt be able to just waste 3 other peoples time because he didnt like how we were playing. Also he was pretty much getting the ride from us seeing as we all had double his kills.

Did you obtain the mission rewards after the match? If so, I wouldn't call it all wasted; if no, then why isn't it still here as a system?

Anyway 

What made him want to quit the mission at 40 minutes OP? Were you guys spread around the map instead of sticking together or something? 

Perhaps he thought leaving at 40 minutes after not getting the part you want still applies?

Well it was HIS key, and don't forget he also wasted so much time with all of you.

You and your teamates must have done something terrible to make him so angry.

Now, can you see who's the boss? The FRICKING KEY OWNER.

You all wasted time, but he walked away happily because he took revenge, you lost, your team lost, the owner won.

So stop whining, stop being a loser, and next time, don't make you boss mad.

I am not saying the owner was totally right but I think A reputation system will only be exploited by people that never face what they have done wrong and accuse others, just like the OP.

Edit: Sorry if anyone is offended, didn't mean to be rude or mean or what.

Edited by PachTrick

To be fair, his key, his decisions. However, there'll be a system like this rolling around, if the reputation system ever gets finished.

First this and second, there are allways 2 sides of a medal.

He was hosting and allowed you to join his game, so if he gave you an order you follow, if you don´t like it then host your own games.

It may have been his key and he may have been the one hosting.

I still consider it an A****** move. 

If you're going to be a complete $&*^wad and tell people that it's 'your key' and 'you make the shots' then you shouldn't be hosting a random session with completely random people. Set it up with friends or ones you work well with.

Anyway 

What made him want to quit the mission at 30 40 minutes OP? Were you guys spread around the map instead of sticking together or something? 

nope we were doing perfectly fine, it all started when he flamed the chat in caps lock bc someone found a room or something and didnt mark it then he just started complaining and being toxic and when we stood up for ourselves he quit. We didnt recieve any rewards.

Well it was HIS key, and don't forget he also wasted so much time with all of you.

You all wasted time, but he walked away happily because he took revenge, you lost, your team lost, the owner won.

I am not saying the owner was totally right but I think A reputation system will only be exploited by people that never face what they have done wrong and accuse others, just like the OP.

Yes i know it was HIS key, but the team did nothing that made it okay for him to do that. So what, since its his key he's allowed to basically do whatever he wants and treat the party like S#&$? Trust me if i knew he was a dictator i would not have joined that game.

nope we were doing perfectly fine, it all started when he flamed the chat in caps lock bc someone found a room or something and didnt mark it then he just started complaining and being toxic and when we stood up for ourselves he quit. We didnt recieve any rewards.

Ouch. 

Sorry about the lost rewards and time OP. 

I don't agree with the report systems as well. 

Though I disagree with an owner pulling a $&*^move on a team like that.

If you're going to randomly yank out rules or how you want things done, at least mention it before you start the mission. 

They all lost really. 

Edited by Verre

I'd probaly do the same if it was my key and someone joining my game told me my orders/advises are bullcrap. The guy had his reason for aborting the mission.

After that i'll use the /ignore and gently type that d!ck name after the space so he'll never ever joining my game again.

A report system should be used on an abusive/hacking/exploiting player not in a situation like this