Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's Venom

darthdart

I'm not 100% sure anymore, but at one point, "god mode" was casting venom on an enemy and then hitting them with an ignis.

It was hard to see exactly what that did, but to paraphrase the persians, "OUR DAMAGE NUMBERS SHALL BLOCK OUT THE SUN!"

Venom is a very strong power.

The Viral procs reduce a targets health by 50% (Meaning if they haven't taken much damage, a huge portion of their health just disappears)

It has some issues though - Mainly hit detection on the spores can be annoying without a weapon with punch through making it more difficult to pop the spores.

Also it's less useful at lower levels because targets can be killed outright by it before you can pop the spores (Or when shooting them off with a punch through weapon that also hits the target) meaning the spores will disappear without being spread.

Later on it's amazing though, covering a large area with them means you end up fighting a bunch of enemies with 50% less health making it an effective pseudo 100% damage increase.

It was good. Before they nerfed it due to "performance" reasons. It used to spread indefinitely, now it has a cap of bubbles per target.

Oh it has a cap?

Well that pretty much ruins the point of it imo. Oh well.

Oh it has a cap?

Well that pretty much ruins the point of it imo. Oh well.

Ya, and I miss it, but I also use to be able to do a hard performance test of the hosts rig using it. It was so performance intensive that you could fire it off on a big wave in xini and unload with a boar modded for puncture and crash their computer. Heck, it would crash other clients if they had low end rigs.

Takes way too long for a single target thing imo. Oh well, guess that's a thing for solo people.

The thing is, in that video, he doesnt really use the power for what it's meant for. Slap on stretch and overextended, and it covers a very large area. 1 Venom on say 10 or more heavy gunners in later games is a disgusting amount of damage for 25 energy or less.

The target starts with 6 spores when you cast it, each doing 10 damage per second(without power strength.) Shooting out one makes it spread 4 spores on to every enemy within a 16 meter range(It also does 25 AoE viral damage in that range to everything when a spore is popped.) The spore duration on the main target does not reset by shooting out a spore, but it does on those enemies it spreads out to.

At lower level it does not have much benefit because the ticks themselves seem underwelming, and you cannot really make use of the proc, and the spread mechanic because most things die rather quickly. It is basically an AoE proc machine during later waves for 25 energy, proccing a rather good combined element type.

Takes way too long for a single target thing imo. Oh well, guess that's a thing for solo people.

Its for highlevels, where it can take 10 second to kill an enemy with weapons alone. Or simply cast venom - HP gets cut in half - then kill in few shots.  For low-mid leves Miasma spam kills everything.

Edited by Monolake

So it becomes useful later I guess?

I saw a beginning planet corpus laugh Venom off of his body and he kept truckin.

Kinda disappointed in that honestly but I guess I'll find out.

corpus arent affected by poison/corrosive as much as grineer.