The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Melee Weapon Do You Want To See?

Aciaj613

whip sword, ring blade/giant chakram, nunchaku, punch daggers, spear, kanabo, halberd/traditional glaive, ballistic fist

Ring blade eh... Christ all mighty we're space ninjas and we don't have a giant intimidating ring blade to throw at my enemies.

And don't any of you reading this dare say glaive...

How about a trident? Mainly puncture damage and whatnot, as for a name. Well, Charybdis or Poseidon? I think my Hydroid could get behind that.

I was surprised they didn't roll with that as a themed weapon for Hydroid. I think they may be alergic to puncture-based weapons.

Which is why my rapier request never be answered ;~;

EDIT: Or your trident request may never be answered either *sheds a tear for you*

Edited by Aciaj613

Human shields.

WOAH MAN WOAH... WOAH.... CALM DOWN BUDDY... CALM DOWN...

"His idea is brilliant.. give this man a cookie,waffle and medal at the same time."

Human shields mate... HUM-

"I like the idea of some mook being strapped to a shield for additional durability"

You seem surprisingly calm about this...

"Only because its another thing I'm adding to the book of funny ways for you to die"

Mind if I borrow that book?

A halberd or a poleaxe. A poleaxe would be interesting, as some of them are an axe, a hammer, and a spear all in one. If that somehow could turn into a weapon where you could alternate between the three physical damage types, that'd be awesome.

BOOM BAM RIGHT THERE EXCELLENT WEAPON.

UP HIGH,

down low

ToO SlOw

Nah seriously internet high-five me.

They are coming out with something similar, don't exactly remember what they were called though...

Ooh nice. I look forward to this.

How about a trident? Mainly puncture damage and whatnot, as for a name. Well, Charybdis or Poseidon? I think my Hydroid could get behind that.

Mine too! As another user pointed out, puncture melees sure are in short supply.

Faeblades from Kingdoms of Amalur... Don't know the real world equivalent...

Flails...

Ballistic fists. fallout 3 for reference.

guess that's it...

Is the 3d maneuver gear +swords from Attack on Titan considerable as melee?

ALL OF MY YES TO ALL OF THOSE IDEAS ESPECIALLY THE 3-D GEAR ONE

and yes. I do consider 3D to be a melee weapon, since the swords are included. Special attributes always spice things up

Edited by Aciaj613

I would love to see these shotgun fighting gloves. Saw them in an anime but have no idea what it was called.

Basically this girl was beating up people with these metal gloves and every time she punched a pellet shell would go off, soo coool :D

sequence_01_6_by_revenantforce-d6e0qel.g

Yang's shotgun gauntlets.

While we're on the topic of RWBY, a heavy scythe would be pretty awesome to see.

Tumblr_mrzwl3Of8r1qexsceo1_500.gif

One word. Laiktseiber! Don't look how it's written, just let it ring in your head.

What's Nikana spelled backwards? (I didn't think of that, huge medal of honor to who did, sorry I don't remember you, please check in this thread!)

Faeblades from Kingdoms of Amalur... Don't know the real world equivalent...

there really isn't a real life equivalent to faeblades i think. not one that would actually be used in combat anyway :P.

i can see how you would use them, but the risk of stabbing/cutting yourself would be pretty high.

there really isn't a real life equivalent to faeblades i think. not one that would actually be used in combat anyway :P.

i can see how you would use them, but the risk of stabbing/cutting yourself would be pretty high.

"He doesn't get the memo yet does he?"

What memo?

"SPACE NINJAS, they are perfect in every shape and form. So cutting themselves will never happen"

You never know, DE could program that in one day.

"Argh you win this round"

In all seriousness: I would imagine this game welcoming every creative idea to help expand its flow of combat and personalization. I once wanted every warframe to have like a personal shield similar to a shield lancer's that could be activated by energy at any given time. It would be cool to see the shield match the theme of the warframe. Not that has to do with Faeblades or anything. 

"He doesn't get the memo yet does he?"

What memo?

"SPACE NINJAS, they are perfect in every shape and form. So cutting themselves will never happen"

You never know, DE could program that in one day.

"Argh you win this round"

In all seriousness: I would imagine this game welcoming every creative idea to help expand its flow of combat and personalization. I once wanted every warframe to have like a personal shield similar to a shield lancer's that could be activated by energy at any given time. It would be cool to see the shield match the theme of the warframe. Not that has to do with Faeblades or anything. 

i think you misunderstood me. i wasn't implying it would be a stupid idea to implement into the game (it's fantasy/sci-fi afterall, the laws of physics and logic can be thrown out of the window :P)

i was simply explaining why there are no reallife faeblade-like weapons ;)

Edited by marbatico

i think you misunderstood me. i wasn't implying it would be a stupid idea to implement into the game (it's fantasy/sci-fi afterall, the laws of physics and logic can be thrown out of the window :P)

i was simply eplaining why there are no reallife faeblade-like weapons ;)

Ah I'm sorry, I sometimes read to fast without checking understanding.