Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Melee Weapon Do You Want To See?

Aciaj613

I'd love more dual-ended polearms, like the orthos (which have the SAME type of ends mind you, not like the orthos prime... ugh), spears, halberds, throwable javelin, dual swords that are ACTUALLY dual swords and not one sword and a dagger (again... ugh)

and for a more fantasy feel: dual laser whips (think iron man 2 villain)

Of course, that is the primary goal... to kill in interesting ways

*cough* Energry sword *cough*

ERHM it appears I kinda coughed out an idea for a melee weapon, though I suppose ethers are pretty close to it...

You know, from energy swords, we can have the following: 

Heavy style energy sword (ES). 

Medium style ES.

Light style ES. 

Offhand ES (known as a shoto in Star Wars). 

Staff ES. 

Dual ES. 

ES that kills ghosts. 

ES that can do precision surgery. 

ES that can sear steaks. 

Blunt ES. 

I'd love more dual-ended polearms, like the orthos (which have the SAME type of ends mind you, not like the orthos prime... ugh), spears, halberds, throwable javelin, dual swords that are ACTUALLY dual swords and not one sword and a dagger (again... ugh)

and for a more fantasy feel: dual laser whips (think iron man 2 villain)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^

There is the potential chance for most puncture weapons that will depressingly never be considered. I love the idea of them and the dual whips just sounds like a crazy fun time.

New weapon type: Warglaives

1378613070_2.jpg

(Yes, that's Warglaives of Azzinoth from WoW modded into Skyrim. Warframe ones would likely be sleeker and potentially even fold away when sheathed)

New Polearm: Double Bladed Scythe

Acepilot275_scythe.jpg

It'd be pretty cool to have in my opinion.

New Whip: Sword Whip

Ivy_Blade_I_by_Metatron87.jpg

Similar to the iconic weapon of Ivy from Soul Caliber - A sword whip would look awesome and would be a welcome addition to a very scarce weapon type (What with only having 2 whips) - It could be of Tenno design and take the place of the "Tenno Whip" (We have Lecta for Corpus and Scoliac for Infested - Just missing Tenno and Grineer.... I'd imagine Grineer having some sort of flaming whip or something)

You know, from energy swords, we can have the following: 

Heavy style energy sword (ES). 

Medium style ES.

Light style ES. 

Offhand ES (known as a shoto in Star Wars). 

Staff ES. 

Dual ES. 

ES that kills ghosts. 

ES that can do precision surgery. 

ES that can sear steaks. 

Blunt ES. 

That one underlined, please enlighten me of how a sword can be blunt. (I don't mean this in a OMG YOU'RE WRONG WAY, I mean this in a "I'm curios" way.

New weapon type: Warglaives

1378613070_2.jpg

(Yes, that's Warglaives of Azzinoth from WoW modded into Skyrim. Warframe ones would likely be sleeker and potentially even fold away when sheathed)

New Polearm: Double Bladed Scythe

Acepilot275_scythe.jpg

It'd be pretty cool to have in my opinion.

New Whip: Sword Whip

Ivy_Blade_I_by_Metatron87.jpg

Similar to the iconic weapon of Ivy from Soul Caliber - A sword whip would look awesome and would be a welcome addition to a very scarce weapon type (What with only having 2 whips) - It could be of Tenno design and take the place of the "Tenno Whip" (We have Lecta for Corpus and Scoliac for Infested - Just missing Tenno and Grineer.... I'd imagine Grineer having some sort of flaming whip or something)

We are getting something very close to twinblades, Tonfa I think was the name of the weapons they have been working on.

Contents from post #129. 

As much as the Sword Whip looks cool (I mean it), I sincerely cannot imagine how would someone use it correctly. 

For all we know, the wielder could try to slice someone, accidentally pressed a button and turn the sword into a whip, harmlessly touching the opponent and/or injuring the wielder. 

Hmm... Opinion.

What if I rename this post "Weapon idea train for DE to finally work on"

Would that be a bit too insulting? :D

All I'm saying is every one of you have some great ideas coming into the forum posts. Lets see some more roll in.

That one underlined, please enlighten me of how a sword can be blunt. (I don't mean this in a OMG YOU'RE WRONG WAY, I mean this in a "I'm curios" way.

You see, with energy swords, you can adjust the 'sharpness' of the blade, meaning you can end up with a blunt sword (then again, I think I may be watching too much Star Wars and Star Wars: EU). 

"A short range harpoon, that uses shredder capsule. Think of Scorpion's hook-thing...

You forgot the name of it didn't you, captain amnesia?

"No, it's called a hook-thing."

No, i'm sure it's not... anyways finish your idea so we can leave, before you embarrass/insult me.

"Yeah, so instead of pulling people close, you use it like a whip and the shredder capsule slashes and shreds people."

I think it's lame...

"Shut up, my ideas are better than yours. At least i didn't rip them from already existing IP's."

Shut it!

You see, with energy swords, you can adjust the 'sharpness' of the blade, meaning you can end up with a blunt sword (then again, I think I may be watching too much Star Wars and Star Wars: EU). 

Adjustable, energy sword............LOVE IT, FUND IT, SHIP IT, USE IT, JESUS HOLY MOTHER OF TAP-DANCING CHRIST BIRLLIANT.

Now that the overeaction is out of the way, that would be a very very interesting weapon.

"A short range harpoon, that uses shredder capsule. Think of Scorpion's hook-thing...

You forgot the name of it didn't you, captain amnesia?

"No, it's called a hook-thing."

No, i'm sure it's not... anyways finish your idea so we can leave, before you embarrass/insult me.

"Yeah, so instead of pulling people close, you use it like a whip and the shredder capsule slashes and shreds people."

I think it's lame...

"Shut up, my ideas are better than yours. At least i didn't rip them from already existing IP's."

Shut it!

Seems like with your "Persona" He/she seems to be more of the nice guy :P

Interesting idea mr/mrs Persona.

Adjustable, energy sword............LOVE IT, FUND IT, SHIP IT, USE IT, JESUS HOLY MOTHER OF TAP-DANCING CHRIST BIRLLIANT.

Now that the overeaction is out of the way, that would be a very very interesting weapon.

We can always do it. Just design a new sword with different modes, and assign a new key to it. 

Heck, I drew and wrote up a concept for a primary weapon using that mechanism, where the player can change between rifle, shotgun and sniper mode within a mission, just by pressing a new key, such as the Z or X key. The link is below: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/254224-new-primary-weapon-concept-multus-with-first-draft-sketchup-images/

We can always do it. Just design a new sword with different modes, and assign a new key to it. 

Heck, I drew and wrote up a concept for a primary weapon using that mechanism, where the player can change between rifle, shotgun and sniper mode within a mission, just by pressing a new key, such as the Z or X key. The link is below: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/254224-new-primary-weapon-concept-multus-with-first-draft-sketchup-images/

All-in one mode.

I think to balance this weapon it should probably use different amounts of ammo depending on what mode it's in. (Rifle ammo of course).

Sorry if you suggested it in your post, I'm working a paper at the same time, I'll read through it when I got some reading time here.

Edited by Aciaj613

Seems like with your "Persona" He/she seems to be more of the nice guy :P

Interesting idea mr/mrs Persona.

"Nice? I'm not nice. I'm just sleepy. If i had control over this sad-sack, i'd be mutilating, burning, stabbing and slashing my way to glorious fun-times.  Mortis vincit omnia. Green flames shall engulf everything, and i'll stand atop a..."

That last part is unnecessary. And who are you calling a sad-sack?

"Why you... One day i'll get you for all your meddling. Sad-sack"

Yeah, one day... but it's not today...

We are getting something very close to twinblades, Tonfa I think was the name of the weapons they have been working on.

The Bladed Tonfa do look pretty cool, but they're still fairly different to the warglaives - The Tonfa blades run parallel to the forearm while warglaives blades run perpendicular to the forearm.

Makes them require different attack styles, not to mention their shapes are different - Tonfa are asymmetrical while warglaives are symmetrical.

As much as the Sword Whip looks cool (I mean it), I sincerely cannot imagine how would someone use it correctly. 

For all we know, the wielder could try to slice someone, accidentally pressed a button and turn the sword into a whip, harmlessly touching the opponent and/or injuring the wielder. 

Well... In the Soul Caliber universe it doesn't make much sense being able to use it as both a sword and a whip (The ability to be a whip would seriously weaken the structural integrity of the blade making it very likely to disassemble upon contact, also the whole "Where does the rest of the cord that makes the whip go?" - Especially when you have to account for the tang of the blade being inside the grip)

For Warframe, currently whips when not being swung act like Swords - With a solid "Blade" with a concealed cord. Then swinging extends the cord and it functions as a whip. This is ideal for making a "Sword Whip" - It could also allow for a future combo/stance that uses unextended attacks in it

"Nice? I'm not nice. I'm just sleepy. If i had control over this sad-sack, i'd be mutilating, burning, stabbing and slashing my way to glorious fun-times.  Mortis vincit omnia. Green flames shall engulf everything, and i'll stand atop a..."

That last part is unnecessary. And who are you calling a sad-sack?

"Why you... One day i'll get you for all your meddling. Sad-sack"

Yeah, one day... but it's not today...

"Good luck taking over, I'ved tried many times.... many many times..."

The Bladed Tonfa do look pretty cool, but they're still fairly different to the warglaives - The Tonfa blades run parallel to the forearm while warglaives blades run perpendicular to the forearm.

Makes them require different attack styles, not to mention their shapes are different - Tonfa are asymmetrical while warglaives are symmetrical.

Well... In the Soul Caliber universe it doesn't make much sense being able to use it as both a sword and a whip (The ability to be a whip would seriously weaken the structural integrity of the blade making it very likely to disassemble upon contact, also the whole "Where does the rest of the cord that makes the whip go?" - Especially when you have to account for the tang of the blade being inside the grip)

For Warframe, currently whips when not being swung act like Swords - With a solid "Blade" with a concealed cord. Then swinging extends the cord and it functions as a whip. This is ideal for making a "Sword Whip" - It could also allow for a future combo/stance that uses unextended attacks in it

I do agree that the Tonfa are still different from warglaives, but with these coming out it could open the potential chance of warglaives being considered into the game.

Sword/shield combo.  The shield could be able to block attacks at a very reduced stamina cost, but would slow the blocker down when blocking.  It could also have its own stance that lets it stun an enemy by bashing them with the shield.

Sword/shield combo.  The shield could be able to block attacks at a very reduced stamina cost, but would slow the blocker down when blocking.  It could also have its own stance that lets it stun an enemy by bashing them with the shield.

We will be having that with U14, but the current animation makes it look like the shield will be just an extra offensive offhand tool. 

Well my friend, U14 has your weapon. Look up "Aegis."

"Good luck taking over, I'ved tried many times.... many many times..."

"Then you understand my pain. Right now i've resorted to plotting, and scheming."

Plotting what?

"Your downfall, mortal"

Mortal? You understand that you can't exist without me, so you're just as mortal as i am...

"Have you tested it? Maybe it's completely opposite of that?"

I'm sure it's not...