Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conditional, Warframe Specific Buffs.

TheStag

I know that the developers have indeed shot this idea down multiple times, but I would like to have another shot at this, but with a twist. This is open to suggestions also, but it has to do with temporary, passive, frame specific buffs. These buffs only apply to level 30 frames.

1. Volt

Volt takes 25% less electricity damage.

While volt is under an electric proc, he gains +5 energy per second until the proc wears off.

Due to possible exploits, the max energy available from an Arc trap would be capped at 50.

2. Saryn

Saryn takes 25% less poison damage, but she is affected normally by gas.

While under a poison proc, Saryn's abilities will gain +50% power strength.

Due to possible exploits, there will be a cool down for this buff on Miasma. The buff will not be applicable on Miasma until 10 seconds after it is used with buff applied.

3. Ember

Ember takes 25% less fire damage.

While under a fire proc, Ember will gain +5 energy per second until the proc wears off.

Due to possible exploits, the max energy available from a fire hazard on the ground would be capped at 50.

4. Frost

Frost takes 25% less ice damage.

While under an ice proc, Frost's abilities will gain +50% power strength.

Due to possible exploits, there will be a cool down for this buff on Avalanche. The buff will not be applicable on Avalanche until 10 seconds after it is first used with buff applied.

Frost's shields will not be affected in ice levels.

5. Loki

Loki will gain 50 energy 10 seconds after being disrupted.

This is due to the fact that Loki is very dependent on his abilities for survival.

6. Rhino

Rhino has an innate Heavy Impact with 25% of the impact radius and 25% of the damage.

This is due to the fact that he is the heaviest frame, according to the game.

Credit to Cobalt313.

7. Mag

Mag takes 25% less magnetic damage.

After being disrupted, Mag will still retain 25% of her shields and regenerate shields at +25% uninterrupted for 5 seconds.

Due to possible exploits, there is a 30 second cool down to the "uninterrupted" part of the shield regeneration on Mag's buff.

Credit to Preanette.

8. Zephyr

Zephyr has a 50% faster knockdown recovery speed while taking damage to health.

This buff does not apply if Zephyr is taking damage from a slash proc, only if her shields are depleted.

9. Valkyr

Valkyr has a +25% armor buff once health is at 50 points or below.

Armor buffs do not stack. Buff lasts 10 seconds.

Edit 1: I forgot to include, these buffs are only available to a level 30 frame.

Edit 2: Changed "Frost takes 25% less fire damage" to "Frost takes 25% less ice damage".

Edit 3: Updates to Mag, added Valkyr.

Edit 4: Small addition to Frost.

Edit 5: Small change to Mag.

Edit 6: Change to Rhino. Credit given to supporters!

I am continuing to work on these warframe specific buffs. I hope you enjoy these ideas and like them. Feel free to leave a +1. c:

Edited by TheStag

I think those passives would be outright OP

They wouldn't occur very often though, and each is different for a frame. Got napalms? Fight fire with fire. c: It would make each frame better in their element.

They wouldn't occur very often though, and each is different for a frame. Got napalms? Fight fire with fire. c: It would make each frame better in their element.

This idea only makes sense! Its downright stupid that frames don't have these type of buffs and immunities and such. Trying to make every frame the same is a bad idea and will bleed the game dry after a while. I want my frost (that i don't actually have) to be moar resistant to frost damage gosh dammit! It only makes sense that he would be! +1 to u my good friend. :D

ooh ooh, make one for Ash soon please :D Thats my main frame and I want to see what you can come up with for him.

I am still thinking about the other frames. I will take suggestions if you want to give them. c:

That is a very nice idea. I will consider adding this, but I wanted Mag to focus on shields instead of energy for her buff.

but she has lower hp than loki with shields removed. What if she dies before she can heal her shield =(

If she keeps 25% of her shield after disruption she still has less effective health than a rhino =(

There has to be a saving grace somewhere =(

edit: sry same hp as loki

Edited by Preanette

but she has lower hp than loki with shields removed. What if she dies before she can heal her shield =(

If she keeps 25% of her shield after disruption she still has less effective health than a rhino =(

There has to be a saving grace somewhere =(

edit: sry same hp as loki

I was thinking, what is she saved 25% shield and then regenerated shields at +25% uninterrupted for 5 seconds?

For Rhino's passive I was thinking he would just come with a built-in Heavy Impact ability so landings from sufficient height could knock down enemies.

Also, instead of making them exclusive to level 30 frames, how about they're always there, but they start out weak and get better as the Frame levels up, e.g. elemental user Frames have percentage resistance to their element equal to their level.

Edited by Cobalt313

For Rhino's passive I was thinking he would just come with a built-in Heavy Impact ability so landings from sufficient height could knock down enemies.

Also, instead of making them exclusive to level 30 frames, how about they're always there, but they start out weak and get better as the Frame levels up, e.g. elemental user Frames have percentage resistance to their element equal to their level.

I was hoping to keep this to level 30 frames. It may fit lore a bit better because the frame would finally be mastered and the Tenno would have more control of it.

Your suggestion for Rhino is very plausible, and I may take it. It is stated in the game that Rhino is the heaviest frame, and if he had an innate heavy impact that did like 25% of the damage the mod did, it would fit him very well. +1 to you, sir.

I like this idea, but what do you mean for zephyr with: +50% recovery speed while taking health damage. Is this knockdown recovery, shield recovery, or what?

Knockdown recovery. I will elaborate on this in the thread. Thanks for the catch buddy!

well I guess that's fine. Uninterrupted sounds good, like she activated an emergency button.

I will add a cool down to the uninterrupted part so that Mag won't be like invincible or something. People and their exploits. lol

I will add a cool down to the uninterrupted part so that Mag won't be like invincible or something. People and their exploits. lol

but by uninterrupted you don't mean invincible right? Enemies can still overcome her shield recovery with enough damage. There's no way to exploit that when you already have 0 energy lol

Edited by Preanette

but by uninterrupted you don't mean invincible right? Enemies can still overcome her shield recovery with enough damage. There's no way to exploit that when you already have 0 energy lol

By uninterrupted, I mean that it will regenerate regardless of how much damage is being dealt to her.

Normally, shield regeneration will stop when you take damage of any amount.

Edited by TheStag

By uninterrupted, I mean that it will regenerate regardless of how much damage is being dealt to her.

Normally, shield regeneration will stop when you take damage of any amount.

well if enemies don't overcome her shield recovery she has only 5 secs to find an energy orb. Why the cooldown? lol

Maybe for Ash have it something like this:

-Deal 25% more stealth attack damage

-Enemies have a higher chance to 'second guess' themselves if they see him real quick.

-5% natural energy efficiency

-More accurate shuriken :D

Then there is sort of an ultimate one you can use

A new maneuver, Wall Grasp: you hang on the wall, no sliding, and it takes less stamina per second then the current wall slide.

I don't want you to use all of these, only the ones you like so like one or two, or the last one only maybe.

Edited by GrimR3APER

Maybe for Ash have it something like this:

-Deal 25% more stealth attack damage

-Enemies have a higher chance to 'second guess' themselves if they see him real quick.

-5% natural energy efficiency

-More accurate shuriken :D

Then there is sort of an ultimate one you can use

A new maneuver, Wall Grasp: you hang on the wall, no sliding, and it takes less stamina per second then the current wall slide.

I don't want you to use all of these, only the ones you like so like one or two, or the last one only maybe.

That is really good! I would like the buffs to be conditional though, only activating for a short time based on a current situation. I like the +25% more stealth attack damage, but considering how rare it is that people use stealth in this game, why not +50%?

On another note, I think I already have an idea for Banshee.

Idea for Banshee or Ash: base noise reduction.

Idea for Excalibur (if there wasn't one already): base Channeling Efficiency boost

Idea for Valkyr: increased base melee attack speed

I was thinking something along the lines of optional increased zoom for banshee because she is a great sniper frame. I think the valkyr attack speed would be a bit OP. I do like the excalibur one though!