Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Snowglobe Against Infested, Why Nova Equipped With Overextended?

Pendragon1951

Snow globing the pod is a good idea.  It lets you stand inside it, near the pod you are supposed to be defending anyway, and shoot out while slowing down any enemies that get too close.  If you are on the other side of the map because you wanted to hit a lone enemy with your sword then that is on you.

The bigger problem is when Frosts don't use their globes against the other factions.

Why the hell should speedup novas have to change how they play? That's unfair on them.

But what's unfair on those of us who dislike it is that we're just told to deal with it. We're not allowed to force people to change how they play, but we're the ones that have to adapt? That's just as unfair.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Snow globing the pod is a good idea.  It lets you stand inside it, near the pod you are supposed to be defending anyway, and shoot out while slowing down any enemies that get too close.  If you are on the other side of the map because you wanted to hit a lone enemy with your sword then that is on you.

The bigger problem is when Frosts don't use their globes against the other factions.

Doesn't work so well in ODD though. If you're on the ground, you're in a lot of danger.

Eventually you're going to go down no matter how skilled you are.

Toxic Ancient lvl 50+ says HI! Try hugging 4+ of them in bubble.

I can see why you'd say that, but it doesn't apply too much to the 'normal strategy of getting up out of reach of the infested, and firing explosives at them, which as a strategy is rendered useless by the 'helpful' snowglobe.  

Again, it's more of a team communication problem to me.  I wouldn't bring along a penta or ogris if I knew it was going to be snowglobing.  

Well I was just curious as to the why of it, as said everyone has a different play style and if you play with pugs you have to adapt or play elsewhere, for me I just like it to make sense and as I said it just didn't make sense to make them faster or protect them from outside fire support with the globe. See you all on the battlefield:)

Well you can always increase the range of Snowglobe so you can slow a mayor area around the globe.

I have seen some really insanely sized Snoglobes in my time

this is as big as they get:

10257061_653150248095272_104322458275543

I mean I understand that people hate waiting and want to rush through to get to a higher wave quicker and it really doesn't bother me personally because you adjust your play style, I'm just talking from a strategic and tactical point of view it just doesn't make sense to me. 

by their own, O-Novas are a terrible choice, but if paired with a vauban it's the best strategy to quickly dispatching hundreds of infested, speed them up so they get into the vortex faster, and just penta the vortex, perfect strategy and tactic

the slow effect is on a very reduced area, you can't use a penta efficiently there, and when toxics start swarming you'll wish to be anywhere else

They eventually stop at the objective, shoot em then.

Yeah, that's an option. If they're sped up though, they have a chance to do quite a lot of damage very quickly. 

All depends on your reactions, I suppose.

But then you have speedup novas using it in survival, and it's a bit less manageable. 

Why the hell should speedup novas have to change how they play? That's unfair on them.

But what's unfair on those of us who dislike it is that we're just told to deal with it. We're not allowed to force people to change how they play, but we're the ones that have to adapt? That's just as unfair.

It's not unfair.  It's common sense.  You can't change the way other people think so change the way you do.  Or just whine helplessly so that nothing improves. 

That is not to say you can't tell them what you think and why then ask them to change.  If they don't, however, then it is up to you to change yourself.

Yeah, that's an option. If they're sped up though, they have a chance to do quite a lot of damage very quickly. 

All depends on your reactions, I suppose.

But then you have speedup novas using it in survival, and it's a bit less manageable. 

There is the damage portion of MP to compensate a bit for them being faster though.

Survival OE Novas ew.

There is the damage portion of MP to compensate a bit for them being faster though.

Survival OE Novas ew.

I know i keep mentioning hitboxes, but it really is a problem sometimes. The damage increase to enemies is nice, but it's nicer when they can be hit.

Again, it's more a problem outside of things like infested defense.

This could be applied to the people on both sides of the argument, dude. That's what I'm trying to say.

It is applying.  You tell them what you think.  If they do not think the same way then adapt.  You can not force them to change.  That goes for both sides.

If they want you to change and you prefer not to then they are the ones that have to adapt.  You can only control your own actions.

Serious question.

In defense/mobile d, would you prefer:

A. Non over extended MP Nova that turns each wave into possibly 2 minutes longer each

B. Over extended MP Nova that turns each wave into a quick clean up

C. No MP Nova at all.

It is applying.  You tell them what you think.  If they do not think the same way then adapt.  You can not force them to change.  That goes for both sides.

If they want you to change and you prefer not to then they are the ones that have to adapt.  You can only control your own actions.

This is unfair, for both sides. It's a team game. Cooperative. One person should not have to be forced to adapt, because it ruins the fun.

Serious question.

In defense/mobile d, would you prefer:

A. Non over extended MP Nova that turns each wave into possibly 2 minutes longer each

B. Over extended MP Nova that turns each wave into a quick clean up

C. No MP Nova at all.

A slows down waves, but the explosion often sets off a chain reaction that cleans things up just as quickly. It's not as if you have to wait for enemies to get to the pod before you kill them.

B is a problem outside of infested defense. In it, I dislike it, but it's more manageable.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

A slows down waves, but the explosion often sets off a chain reaction that cleans things up just as quickly. It's not as if you have to wait for enemies to get to the pod before you kill them.

B is a problem outside of infested defense. In it, I dislike it, but it's more manageable.

they start tanking the explosions by round 20 of sechura

This is unfair, for both sides. It's a team game. Cooperative. One person should not have to be forced to adapt, because it ruins the fun.

You're wrong, especially with randoms.  If you are the one that wants things to change then you are the one that needs to adapt, even if that adaption is not playing with randoms.

You're wrong, especially with randoms.  If you are the one that wants things to change then you are the one that needs to adapt, even if that adaption is not playing with randoms.

So a speedup nova joins a running game with 3 people who don't like the speedup, and starts fast forwarding every enemy because they want to.

Now those 3 people have to adapt cos they don't like it?

Why doesn't the nova adapt to how other people want to play? The nova dislikes playing without the speedup as much as the others dislike playing with it, why are they the ones who have to deal with it?

You would say they have to adapt because they want things to change.

The nova also wants things to change, by thinking the mission is going too slow. The difference between the two is the nova doesn't have to adapt, because the nova has the means to change this and force the change upon others regardless.

Edited by AdunSaveMe